• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is the pokegear supposed to display the same message as the Vs. Seeker? Whenever I used it the first time in my Key Items pocket, it says I have 52 steps left lol.

Using the Live Beta in Gameboid, BTW.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Clock setting

How do I do the clock setting at the beginning of the game? I mean the prepared emulator does not work for me, but I would like to be able to play the game to it's fullest extend. And since you also did the effort of making a sweet hack could you also make a faq or guide about the usage of the prepared emulator or how to get the clock settings option.

*Edit* With Real time clock in Emulator settings you can use the ingame clock, nice, so now I am still questioning why should we use the prepared emulator since it doesn't really do anything, well except for me it didn't.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
Well I figured out how to edit the names and moves to the default upper-case characters. Took me an hour. May I ask for what reason someone decapitalized them making them totally out of place with the rest of the game? I mean poke names in game world are still upper-case, as well as moves, abilities, people and city names, etc... it's 1 hour you can spend fixing bugs or stuff that matters... not trying to be a d*ck here, it's just a point.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS AWESOME THANK YOU LAZ AND TEAM.

Years
Is the pokegear supposed to display the same message as the Vs. Seeker? Whenever I used it the first time in my Key Items pocket, it says I have 52 steps left lol.

Using the Live Beta in Gameboid, BTW.
In fact I think it is VS SEEKER itself... and works multiply like both VS seeker and Poke'gear... Congrats man this is called technology... Lolz

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
So after finding out that the physical/special split was bugged in the 3.1 beta, I decided to switch over to the Live Beta.

Everything seemed fine when the game loaded up, but I soon found out that I couldn't actually save in-game like I could in the 3.1 beta.

I had to attach the picture in question because I can't link to the URL, but that's what I encountered when I tried to save.

Yes, I know you're supposed to set the save type to Flash 128k, and I did that. Anyone know the reason this is happening?

I just tried saving the game in an older version of the same emulator as you, and it worked perfectly fine.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
In fact I think it is VS SEEKER itself... and works multiply like both VS seeker and Poke'gear... Congrats man this is called technology... Lolz
Oh, neat. I didn't see it on my start menu, so I thought that to access it was via Key Items, lol n00b moments. Does the actual Pokegear show up in the current beta?

Well I figured out how to edit the names and moves to the default upper-case characters. Took me an hour. May I ask for what reason someone decapitalized them making them totally out of place with the rest of the game? I mean poke names in game world are still upper-case, as well as moves, abilities, people and city names, etc... it's 1 hour you can spend fixing bugs or stuff that matters... not trying to be a d*ck here, it's just a point.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS AWESOME THANK YOU LAZ AND TEAM.
Something to note here: it's a longshot, but I believe there was a FireRed (all other Gen 3 games as well) Decapitalization patch for absolutely everything sans dialogue. It's rather old though, and I don't even know if a download is still around. Most of the links I have to that are dead, and it would probably be pretty hazardous to patch this hack with it. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
I just tried saving the game in an older version of the same emulator as you, and it worked perfectly fine.

I found out that I accidentally used a 1.1 ROM so everything is fine now that I patched it to a 1.0 ROM.

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
I've played this hack, and it's just fantastic. There's so much in this that I didn't know was possible, like the day and night system. I also really love the animated Suicune at the beginning. Feels like an official game to me, great job! :)

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I've been playing and noticed some strange things:
I place all three flutes, and none of the legendary birds are appearing for me in their locations.

The legendary birds appear after you help the Special HQ in Kanto, meaning you have to help them through everything they need.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
I'm playing it on Gameboid and everything was super fine until I traded poliwag for a mareep at cherrygrove PC... it's receiving "boosted" experience and leveling up like crazy. Any ideas why it happens, so I can maybe work on a solution? Thanks.

edit: nevermind, I guess that's supposed to happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Azalea Town new rival battle

Well I've searched the thread and I haven't found anything like my problem. If it has been mentioned before, I am truly sorry. My problem is that at Azalea Town, after defeating the gym leader and wanting to leave the town, there is a new rival battle with Trainer ???. However, the game hangs immediately after the text says "Trainer ??? sent out Quagsire"

I am playing the live beta version on Gameboid. Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2012
Does anyone know why is it that when i enter Goldenrod City the first time some script appears?( talking about the SEVII ISLAND )

is this a bug ?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2012
Hello there. I just downloaded and patched this game after playing an earlier version that was bugged. When I loaded up fire red though it just came to a blank white screen. Can someone help me with this?

Souleman_X

Dragon Champion
Years
Hey LaZ, I just joined this forum originally to be able to download the pokemon locations and walkthrough for LC, but now that I've done almost everything in the game, i wanted to throw this out there even though a lot of others have too:

I absolutely loved Liquid Crystal!!!! I still have a few little things left to do like catch some of the legendaries and rematch the Johto gym leaders, however I feel like i missed a couple other things. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble on some other stuff!

A couple dumb questions: Where do I acquire the flutes? I played through the entire game and only found the red one (and the black one at the Celadon Game Corner). I probably just overlooked them. Also, were exactly are the pillars at Outskirt island? The scientist was looking out to sea and I surfed around where he was looking. Thanks for any and all help!

Lastly, if I decide to try and start LPing some games like I intended to awhile back, I may start with this game since I just moved recently and don't feel like setting up my capture card with my consoles. I'll just use it with my laptop and record a new playthrough of LC (now that I know what to expect throughout the game).

Sorry for rambling. Long story short: Great game and keep up the good work LaZ!!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
Hey, I started play pokemon liquid crystal today and im enjoying it but after the 1st gym when i have to get the egg off the guy in the pokemon center, after he gives it to me...he freezes while walking out the door and it takes me back to the main menu...Any Suggestions????
I can upload a video to show the problem if needed??

Last edited:
Back