• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Ok, so after changing the map and moving events around in advancemap, i keep getting this glitch with my person events. I think its caused simply by moving them and it only does it to some of them.

Anyway what happens is after a wild pokemon battle if any of the person events are in the players viewing range it will cause you to move their overworlds around instead of the players overworld.
It will then get you stuck and you then must reset the game.

I fixed one person by copying their script offset and everything to a new person event and deleting the old one, but that doesn't work on all of them.

Sorry for the lengthy post lol :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Well, for example this trainers movement is look left
I would post a youtube video of it but i cant yet lol
Its a hack of Fire Red btw.

edit* I tried changing the movement to no movement anyway, but it still does the same thing :/

Last edited:

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Well'p, i'm back (was I here before?)

I have a bunch of BMP overworlds for a firered hack, but when I try to change the overworld, when I play, it decides to not show the walking animation.

By the way, if it helps, the overworlds i'm using are 32x32

EDIT: not sure, but i found a fix. I'm keeping this up for anyone who might have the same issue.

After changing the overworld from 16x32, the animation is changed to player-sit. Change it back to player, and voilla!

EDITTY: Now, NSE isn't letting me change player-sit back to player...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Has a routine or anything been created to increase the chances of encountering a shiny Pokemon randomly, rather than 1/8012 or whatever it is (please don't correct me without an answer to the question, I don't care what the actual number is.)

Shinyzer can create set encounters for Shiny Pokemon, however this isn't what I'm looking for. I just need a way to increase the chances or encountering a Shiny randomly.

Years
Is there a command for XSE to delete a certain event? (A Script Event.) I have a 'step-on-tile' Script Event in my map, but after the event happened, I want it to be gone. Otherwise, everytime the player steps on the tile/script he stops shortly to do the script (checkflag > end etc.).

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Is there a command for XSE to delete a certain event? (A Script Event.) I have a 'step-on-tile' Script Event in my map, but after the event happened, I want it to be gone. Otherwise, everytime the player steps on the tile/script he stops shortly to do the script (checkflag > end etc.).
I can't tell you about scripts in general, but the script tiles are deactivated when you set a variable that is defined in their value to 0x1.

If you look at the original roms, each script tile has a variable (and its value is set to 0000) and an unknown number of 0300. So, if you add at a certain part of your script the command 'setvar 0x(your variable here) 0x1' after adding the variable to the tile, as well as the unknown number, then the script won't repeat itself.

Years
I can't tell you about scripts in general, but the script tiles are deactivated when you set a variable that is defined in their value to 0x1.

If you look at the original roms, each script tile has a variable (and its value is set to 0000) and an unknown number of 0300. So, if you add at a certain part of your script the command 'setvar 0x(your variable here) 0x1' after adding the variable to the tile, as well as the unknown number, then the script won't repeat itself.

Thanks, I suspected it to be something like that. I will try it out in a moment.

shawn0173

Pokemon: Metallic Flames!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 7, 2013

i believe foullump has a video tutorial for this, i think its in the video about camera movement cuz that video has to do with stepping a tile to activate the script so i think he also talks about how to get it to only happen once in it, its been awhile since i watched them, i hope you find your answer :D i think it has something to do with variables that could help you out

here is the video for camera movement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3bfdg6KXqE&playnext=1&videos=27IckcDPY2o&feature=mfu_in_order

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I want to make a trainer run around a tree. Like this:

XXXX
XTTX
XTTX
XXXX

X = The path I want the trainer to run. T = The tree

What movement type should I give him? (Or do I have to make a script?)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I want to make a trainer run around a tree. Like this:

XXXX
XTTX
XTTX
XXXX

X = The path I want the trainer to run. T = The tree

What movement type should I give him? (Or do I have to make a script?)
you have to make a script to start something..lol
you should check out diegoisawesome scripting tut on applymovement,its actually easy..xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back