• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
I didn't pay attention to that. But honestly, what does the type matter? o.O

Anyways, from what I gather from CoM, Axel and Larx aren't really partners, Axel was just faking it to infiltrate Marluxia's little clique. Note how after Larxene tells him to "keep it under his hood" about the scheme, Axel remarks that she should have followed her own advice? That doesn't sound like partner talk to me. =O Well, I already poured what I considered to be larx's battle style into Elusive Phantom. (You can find that card a couple of pages back in this thread) Ahh...what the heck, I'll dig it up for ya':

Spoiler:

Larxene is more into the whole evading attacks while dealing a lot of small ones in return thing, imo. And incidentally...1700 in a direct attack is a pathetic yield for giving up two of your cards. Amphibious Bugroth + A Legendary Ocean gets you a 1700-point direct attacks with no cost and doesn't leave a defenseless 700 Atk monster on your field for your opponent to pick on. Let's try a Marluxia who at least sort of lives up to his ingame self. I mean, he was a final boss for pity's sake. >_<

The 13 - The Graceful Assassin
Warrior/Effect
7 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 1300 Def

If this card was Tribute Summoned by offering two differently named "The 13" monsters, it gains the following effect:

- This card can attack your opponent directly. If it does so using this effect, your opponent may discard a card from his/her Hand in order to reduce all Battle Damage from the attack by half. (This is treated as an Activation Cost)

As for the keyblades, I never said you couldn't run any, I'm just saying that you should actually make them at least sort of worth the bother. Like so:

Blade of Heart - Berserk Key
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Keybearer", or "The 13 - The Key of Destiny". Increase the Atk of the equipped monster by 800. When the equipped monster destroys a monster by Battle, it may attack once again in a row. A monster may only be equipped with one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card at any given time. During your Main Phase, you may return this face-up card on your Field to your Deck in order to select one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card from your Hand or Deck and equip it to the monster that was equipped with this card then shuffle your Deck. You may only return one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card to your Deck in this manner each turn.

Blade of Heart - Memory Key
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Keybearer", or "The 13 - The Key of Destiny". Whenever the equipped monster destroys a monster by Battle, draw a card. A monster may only be equipped with one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card at any given time. During your Main Phase, you may return this face-up card on your Field to your Deck in order to select one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card from your Hand or Deck and equip it to the monster that was equipped with this card then shuffle your Deck. You may only return one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card to your Deck in this manner each turn.

Blade of Heart - Ultima Key
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to "Keybearer", or "The 13 - The Key of Destiny". Increase the Atk of the equipped monster by 2000. When the monster equipped with this card destroys a monster by battle, you may add a Spell Card from your Graveyard to the top of your Deck. A monster may only be equipped with one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card at any given time. During your Main Phase, you may return this face-up card on your Field to your Deck in order to select one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card from your Hand or Deck and equip it to the monster that was equipped with this card then shuffle your Deck. You may only return one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card to your Deck in this manner each turn.

Yeah, the big clauses at the end are there to simulate equip change. Given all the hype, I think the keyblades should actually be useful as equips. And yes, Memory Key is indeed based on Sweet Memories, hence no power boost. :3

And just as a side-note: you can make villains powerful without making their cards broken. A deck can be crazily powerful and pull of some insane combos while still consisting of cards that are all at least fairly balanced on their own. Strategy over lame cards is usually preferred. The anime already has plenty of the latter but regrettably little of the former. D=

Aaaanyhow, not that anyone else seems to be actually rating *Cough* hint *Cough* buuuut...I'm going to build a little something around an old card of mine. >D And ACC, I want these for Haruko so you had better pay attention, m'kay?

Aether Fairy Filcher
Fairy/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1300 Atk / 800 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. When this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and discard it.

Aether Fairy Guardian
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Earth
800 Atk / 2000 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. When your opponent receives Battle Damage as the result of attacking this Defense Position card, your opponent's Battle Phase ends immediately.

Aether Fairy Lancer
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Wind
1600 Atk / 1300 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. Until your next End Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, all "Aether Fairy" monsters on your Field are considered to inflict piercing damage.

Aether Fairy Messenger
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Light
1400 Atk / 600 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. When this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, Special Summon one level four or lower "Aether Fairy" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.

Aether Fairy Skydancer
Fairy/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1000 Atk / 1200 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. Until your next End Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, all "Aether Fairy" monsters on your Field can attack your opponent directly. If a monster attacks directly using this effect, all Battle Damage from that attack is reduced by half.

Aether Fairy Swordsman
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Light
1800 Atk / 1200 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. When this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, the Atk of any "Aether" monster that you summon before your next End Phase (Including Flip Summon) is increased by 400.

Queen of the Aether
Fairy/Effect
10 Star/Light
? Atk / ? Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Descent of the Queen". If "Effemarity" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. When this card is Special Summoned successfully, Special Summon as many "Aether Fairy" monsters from your Graveyard as possible. The Atk and Def of this card becomes half the combined Atk and Def of all "Aether Fairy" monsters on your Field. When this card is removed from the Field, destroy all "Aether Fairy" monsters summoned by this card's effect.

Effemarity
Continuous Spell

During each Standby Phase, all cards other than "Effemarity" that have been on the Field for two turns or more are destroyed.

Gifts of the Fey
Normal Spell

Draw two cards. While these cards are in your Hand, they can not be set and you must show them to your opponent. During your next Standby Phase, if either of the cards you drew as the result of this card's effect is in your Hand, remove your Hand from play.

Aether Blade
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Aether Fairy" monster. When the equipped monster attacks a monster controlled by your opponent, you may switch the Atk and Def of the attacked monster until the end of the Damage Step. On the End Phase of a turn when this card is sent to the Graveyard as the result of the equipped monster being removed from the Field, return this card to your Hand. If this card and the equipped monster would be destroyed at the same time, the equipped monster is considered to be destroyed first.

Aethereal Link
Normal Trap

Destroy one "Aether Fairy" monster on your Field then Special Summon one differently named "Aether Fairy" monster of the same level from your Graveyard.

Descent of the Queen
Normal Trap

When this card on your Field is destroyed by the effect of "Effemarity", destroy all cards on your Field except "Effemarity" then Special Summon one "Queen of the Aether" from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

Final Charge

Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack against a monster on your Field. Destroy both the attacking monster and the attacked monster then inflict damage to your opponent equal to 100 x the combined level stars of the destroyed monsters.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
The Sora Drive forms that I'm making to go with this card do not say so.

But most fusion monsters do. Anyway, as I said before, contact-fusion (fusion without poly or other cards) suits drive form better, since Sora doesn't have to cast a spell or anything to use it.

I like this one better. I'll use the improved one if I find it lacking in an actual duel.

You will. Many monsters used in competitive play have powerful effects that continue activating as long as they remain on the field. (example is Il Blud's ability to bring back a zombie per turn.) My PoH not only blocks this, it also walls in defense mode. Cyber Dragon, Zombie Master, and Il Blud all cry when they get plunked down on the field and there's nothing they can run over. Monarch gets angry when it can't destroy its targets. Badda-bing, badda-boom.

Everyone brought this up. It is not listed on the cards because it is a generic rule for my set. Cards do not say "If you noraml summon this card, you cannot normal summon another monser in the same turn" do they? No, they do not.

Sets don't get generic rules in YGO. If it isn't present in their effect text, it isn't a part of the card's ruling. That's why gemini monsters need the whole effect about having to normal summon them again. Anyway, the reason monster's don't have the text you mentioned is because that's an official rule in the rulebook. There is nothing in the rules about Blade of Heart cards.

Thanks for not criticizing. I kinda took a leap of faith here on whether people would like it or hate it.

Fair enough means I don't consider it broken, but I'm not sure it's insanely useful either.

One of my favorites too. It's KHII Fenrir, which you obtain from defeating Sephiroth. Roxas was designed to be the ultimate user of this equip, adding another Keyblade's power to it.

Oh... but Fenrir has Negative Combo, so shouldn't it be reducing the number of attacks you make in exchange for burn damage and attack boost?

Yup. I needed a way to do so, and it was the logical choice.

Hmm... actually, Magician of Faith is now back to being limited, so you can use her to rez them.

Right on it.

I'd say Oathkeeper's effect fit Oblivion better, personally, 'cause of the whole "destruction" theme of it.

Revenge, pure and simple. You take out the Oathkeeper, it takes out you. I almost put this ability on Obivion, but I like it the way it is.

Nicest effect I think I've seen in your keys.

I forgot to put Roxas on there! He's supposed to be affected by it too, but I only now realized that I accidently left him off. Your wanting Roxas to attack twice was even the reason I made that card.

The problem with giving monsters specific support so that they can attack is that specific support is too easiliy destroyed. Besides, with Jinzo and Royal Decree running rampant in a lot of decks any continuous traps are gonna be negated or destroyed faster than you can say "Keyblade!"

I think it's just fine. I'd rather lose cards than LP. - Especially against those I play against.

Actually, in competitive YGO the exact opposite holds true. Players have run confiscation for a long time (pay 1000 LP to choose a card from someone's hand and toss it.) See, in YGO you want your opponent to have fewer cards on their field and in their hand then you do at all times. Your life points won't matter if your opponent can't counter your constant attacks on their life points, eh?

Yeah... but this is for a deck made to be used by one of my main villains, so being slightly overpowered is good.

As AE said, overpowered is not good. Generally, people will like your fake cards more if they have a strong unifying strategy rather than uber-powerfulness. The villain doesn't need overpowered cards, because if he has them then the only way the Hero can beat him is with an equally overpowered card. (Case in point, Waking the Dragons arc in YGO.)

Every "The 13" is searchable in it's own deck, and that's what it's made for.

I personally still think that Chilly-Man is a bit underpowered for the same reason as any Marshmallon take off: invulnerabe to battle but does nothing else.

That's why I have ways around it in it's "The 13" deck.

Post 'em.

They're partners, like Kisame and Itachi. I'd say that Itachi is Zexion and Kisame is Lexaeus. But on topic - This is one Zexion. There is a second in the deck - beware that one. He has the most effects out of any of the 13. Almost too strong - good! The main villains need strong decks.

The main villains just need to be good at card games.

It's a pretty good direct attack, sniping the opponent for 1700 per turn, that's five turn kill with just that damage. Plus, each one of the 13 has a support card. Marluxia was also designed with 4000LP battle in mind.

You can't activate the effect more then three times, though, and you can't use the cards you discard. 1700 damage is negligible if your opponent destroys Marluxia and you've already tossed every monster in your hand. All he has to do is run Marlux over.

Hmm... got a better effect, then? I'm always looking to improve. Axel's in there because Him, Marluxia, and Larxene were partners topside.

See AE's comments.

Already answered this.

Ben Kei at least gets extra attacks for every equip attached. Roxas just gets two keys.

It does. When was there a law you can't add fusion monster to a deck after the concept has been thought of? Cause I've been breaking it everytime I obtain a new E-hero fusion then.

No, there isn't, but generally if you don't have the monsters ready then you don't show us their support yet.

United we stand is great. If you're looking to have a deck full of those, don't comment on this one, though. This is based off of a game. There is no United we stand in Kingdom hearts, and if there was, it wouldn't matter much anyway. Keyblades are the signature of KH, so they will be used.

See AE's comment again. Anyway, United We Stand would fit because it could be used to symbolize the friendship between Sora, Kairi, etc.

Thanks for the wording. I wouldn't want some of my friends to take advantage of any loopholes I might accidently create. As for harsh negation - Have you played CoM? That's what it does in there, too.

Hmm... missed the last part of the effect or I might not have said anything about Solemn Judgement. I find it pretty balanced, I'd say, but only in this deck since it doesn't include Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell, Trap, or monster.

I've seen similar wording on a different card somewher, and that's what I based the wording off of. I'll change it if you're really so opposed to it, though.

Please do. If you can make wording simple, do so.

Sleight – Sonic Blade: I duno'. I'd say make it something like "If "Keybearer" destroys your opponent's monster by Battle during your Battle Phase, you may discard one card from your Hand. If you do, "Keybearer" can attack once again in a row." in lieu with the spamming of attacks in that sleight. Still not very trap-like, though, and I've never been too fond of monster specifics.

Eh, Roxas is suppoed to be on there too, and it also includes King Mickey, so that's fine with me. Most of my monsters can use it.
However, I will probably do the destroy to attack again so there's no double direct attacks with it.

Jinzo and Decree, once again, will murder this card. I don't think the discard requirement should be used. An LP cost would be much more prudent.

You're saying this to a guy who had Pot of Greed or Cyber jar, and many times both, in their starting hand of an 80 card deck. Plus, this is mainly to be used by a main character of a fic, thus topdecking incessantly is okay. I'll probably add some drawing cards in there, though.

This deck should be usable by anyone, even Charlie Brown (unluckiest kid in the world, that guy). Anyway, people get bored if all your character does is topdeck. It would be better to show him as someone who wins because he knows his deck backwards and forwards (i.e., knows how to play each card in it to its maximum efficiency).

Yeah - if the original pricess doesn't work for me, I'll use the better one, but I don't want to start with that - people will say I'm cheap, until I can prove that there are weak madeup cards. I'll probably put in another D&G instead of the polymers.

Weak cards and broken cards together in a deck doesn't really make it balanced, much less weak cards and balanced cards. PoH needs to be toughened up, because in a balanced deck no card is weak yet no card is overly powerful. PoH is weak.

I got laughed at when my friend told me I forgot Riku. HOW DO YOU FORGET RIKU!!! THAT WAS SO STUPID!!!

Good point. XD

I put that in there because I plan to thow in sakeretsu for that purpose alone, but then I realized that Zantetsuken already helps me with that, and I forgot to take tham out. The will become rikus, and riku will be added to the Keyblade cards.

EDIT: Also, did anyone notice that I made Mickey a God Card? I'm seriously surprised no one mentioned that.

Divine Beast on a card with a non-godly effect only means that Mickey doesn't have any type-specific supports that he can use. *sweatdrops*

As for AE's monsters....

Filcher: Cutesy monster that recurs itself under set conditions. Aside from the discard effect, what does it have to do with filching?

Guardian: Recurs itself and serves as a wall until Effemarity can do its dirty work, but what about the effect after it gets killed?

Lancer: A turn of piercing damage for monsters that get walled easily because of their low attack makes no sense. Lancer and Swordsman are the only two who get any real benefit, since their attacks are high enough already that with Swordsman's boost they can run over any wall with less then 2200 (which still means that Gear Golem and PoH LoL at them). Personally, I'll stick with swordsman's atk boost.

Messenger: Recruiter-type I suppose? A bit too recurrable I'd say.

Skydancer: Fair enough. The challenge is keeping it in play long enough for Effermarity to work its magic.

Queen: Rush for final kill plus the ability to spam the abilities of deceased Aether fairies. Bring in three Filchers and wipe the opponent's hand out.

Link: A way to speed up Effemarity's destructive effect.

Effemarity: You might want to change the wording slightly so that Effemarity doesn't nuke the field the moment it gets played.

Gifts of the Fey: Situational Pot of Greed with an effect that bites you if you happen to draw a trap card. Fair enough.

Aether Blade: Ouch. This basically transforms a good ninety percent of beatsticks into fairy chow. The recurring of it is icing on the cake.

Descent of the Queen: Maybe not the total destruction effect, since your opponent is effectively gonna be OTKed if this happens. In addition, all you have to do is kill two Filchers and recur three to leave your opponent handless in the unlikely event that they survive this card's summoning. You've already got a massive rush coming up.

Final Charge: What does this have to do with charging if you're defending, I wonder? 0_o Anyway, Sakuretsu armor has just been replaced. I hope you're happy, AE. >.<

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Keyblade Master of Light - Sora
LIGHT Warrior-Type/Gemini
Level 4 ATK 1900 DEF 1200

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with these effects. • This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase. • This card cannot be destroyed by battle while equipped with a "Keyblade" card. • If this card is removed from play by the effect of "Drive Gauge", when it returns to the field, it is treated as an Effect Monster with its effects.

First, I'm not sure if I spelled "Gauge" correctly. I most likely didn't. Second, I figured making him a Gemini Monster would make Sora more balanced.

Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku
DARK Warrior-Type
Level 6 ATK 2500 DEF 1000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "The Road to Dawn". When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, equip this card with a "Way to the Dawn" or "Soul-Eater" Equip Spell Card from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone. While this card is equipped with "Way to the Dawn" or "Soul-Eater", neither this card nor the equipped card can be removed from the field, except if this card is destroyed by battle. If this card and "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora" are face-up on the same side of the field, add 1 "Eternal Session" from your Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone to your hand.

Yes, he looks kind of overpowered, but note his Summon requirement. Then look at the next card.

The Road to Dawn
Normal Spell
This card cannot be activated unless your opponent controls an "Organization XIII" monster, and you do not control a "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora". Pay 2000 Life Points to Special Summon 1 "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku" from your Deck or Removed Zone.

That should balance things out. Now for their team attack Limit.

Eternal Session
Quick-Play Spell
This card can only be activated if it was added to your hand by the effect of "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku". When this card is activated, select 1 each of "Last Saber & Dark Cannon", "Master Hearts & XIII Blades", and "All's End" from your Deck, Graveyard, or Removed Zone and add them to your hand. When this card resolves, select 1 monster your opponent controls and destroy it. Your opponent cannot Chain to this card.

Last Saber & Dark Cannon
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only by Chaining this card to your "Eternal Session". Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each "Keyblade" Equip Spell Card in your Graveyard and Removed Zone, however that damage is decreased enough if necessary to leave your opponent with 1000 Life Points. Your opponent cannot Chain to this card.

Master Hearts & XIII Blades
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only by Chaining this card to your "Last Saber & Dark Cannon". Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls and remove them from play. Your opponent cannot Chain to this card.

All's End
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only by Chaining this card to your "Master Hearts & XIII Blades". The Chain this card is in resolves forwards instead of backwards. Your opponent takes enough damage to make his or her Life Points equal 1, and all cards in your opponent's hand are removed from play. Cards removed from play by this effect cannot leave the Removed Zone. Your opponent cannot Chain to this card.

Like I said, this isn't the whole set. I'll be posting some at a time, so this is just another part.

Way to the Dawn
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku". Negate the Flip Effects of monsters destroyed by the equipped monster by battle. If this card is equipped to "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku", the equipped monster cannot be equipped with "Soul-Eater".

Soul-Eater
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku". It gains 400 ATK. If this card is equipped to "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku", the equipped monster cannot be equipped with "Way to the Dawn". While this card is equipped to "Keyblade Master of Darkness - Riku", you can pay 1000 Life Points and send this card to the Graveyard to equip the formerly equipped monster with 1 "Way to the Dawn" from your Deck, Removed Zone, hand, or Graveyard. If you do this, this card cannot leave the Graveyard.

Keyblade - Kingdom Key
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora". It gains 50 ATK and DEF.

Keyblade - Star Seeker
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora". It gains 200 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can activate a Spell Card from your Deck. However, the Spell Card activated by this effect must have a cost, and you must pay that cost twice.

Keyblade - Oathkeeper
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora". It gains 500 ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster battles a DARK monster, the DARK monster loses 500 ATK and DEF during damage calculation only, and Battle Damage resulting from that battle becomes 0.

Now, I'd like to address something.

Anyway, as I said before, contact-fusion (fusion without poly or other cards) suits drive form better, since Sora doesn't have to cast a spell or anything to use it.

Contact Fusion is a bit more selective. It must be the Fusion Material Monsters going from the field back into the Deck, shuffle the Deck, and Special Summon the Fusion Monster. So far, only the "Elemental Hero ___ Neos" monsters can do this in the TCG.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mind you, ACC, the profit of Confiscation is not a matter of CA. (since it's a one-for-one trade in that respect) It's a matter of prevention. By Confiscation's effect, you not only get to see what moves your opponent will be able to pull off next turn, but you also get to disable the strongest card in their hand and thus cripple what could otherwise be a game-ending combo. Correctly evaluating risks is a central part of being a good player, so knowing what cards your opponent has at their disposal is a huge strategic advantage, and also part of what makes the virus cards so powerful. Hence why people are willing to pay pretty steep costs to obtain that information.

But yes, until you're down to your last hundreds, LP is way cheaper than cards. The immense popularity of Solemn Judgment (even in more battle-oriented decks like the ones built around Dimensional Fissure) should be enough proof of that. With competitive class decks, there's a high chance that every new card you see will be the game-breaking one, hence why competitive players devote a lot of effort into going through as much of their own deck as possible while keeping the opponent's draws at a standstill with cards like Raiza and Phoenix Wing Wind Blast.

Filcher: Cutesy monster that recurs itself under set conditions. Aside from the discard effect, what does it have to do with filching?

Does it need to have anything else to do with filching? o.O I don't see you requiring the Swordsman to brandish his sword either. x3

Guardian: Recurs itself and serves as a wall until Effemarity can do its dirty work, but what about the effect after it gets killed?

Good point, Guardian already struck me as the odd one out when making these. Hmm...I think I've come up with something that fits their theme better, actually.

Lancer: A turn of piercing damage for monsters that get walled easily because of their low attack makes no sense. Lancer and Swordsman are the only two who get any real benefit, since their attacks are high enough already that with Swordsman's boost they can run over any wall with less then 2200 (which still means that Gear Golem and PoH LoL at them). Personally, I'll stick with swordsman's atk boost.

Effemarity already laughs at the notion of hiding behind walls. Besides, piercers aren't run to tackle high defense monsters to begin with (because against those the damage would be diminutive anyway); their purpose is to punish low-defense blockers like Apprentice Magician, Treeborn Frog, Marshamallon, Spirit Reaper and - above all - the ever present Goat Tokens (Would you like to make a rush with the queen only to find that your opponent had a set Scapegoat card to soak up all but one of your attacks? Because I wouldn't. Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier has seen competitive play outside gravekeeper decks, you know, and that thing can't even pierce through Don Zaloog. =O

Messenger: Recruiter-type I suppose? A bit too recurrable I'd say.

Depends, unlike regular recruiters the messenger can't outlast your opponent's attackers by means of a recruiter chain (because you'd have to effect destroy each turn) so getting the recruiting done is harder than with the rest. And do remember that each recursion costs you a draw, so you're not generating any CA here.

Skydancer: Fair enough. The challenge is keeping it in play long enough for Effermarity to work its magic.

Unless we're feeling impatient and just blast it with Generation Shift or Aether Link. ;D

Queen: Rush for final kill plus the ability to spam the abilities of deceased Aether fairies. Bring in three Filchers and wipe the opponent's hand out.

You nailed that one on the button, though given the self-nuke you'll probably want to finish things altogether with this. :3

Link: A way to speed up Effemarity's destructive effect.

Well, it's technically not speeding it up; just a quick fix for those too impatient to wait for their continuous effects. x3

Effemarity: You might want to change the wording slightly so that Effemarity doesn't nuke the field the moment it gets played.

It doesn't. The destruction is only applied on each Standby Phase, and since you'd have to be at your Main Phase to play it you don't get squat on the first turn.

Aether Blade: Ouch. This basically transforms a good ninety percent of beatsticks into fairy chow. The recurring of it is icing on the cake.

And just what were you saying about my fairies not having the power to punch through walling monsters? ;D

Descent of the Queen: Maybe not the total destruction effect, since your opponent is effectively gonna be OTKed if this happens. In addition, all you have to do is kill two Filchers and recur three to leave your opponent handless in the unlikely event that they survive this card's summoning. You've already got a massive rush coming up.

Umm...it only destroys everything on your Field. I know how powerful the rush is, hence why I'm having the queen go chimeratech on your field. ^^

Final Charge: What does this have to do with charging if you're defending, I wonder? 0_o Anyway, Sakuretsu armor has just been replaced. I hope you're happy, AE. >.<

See, I visualize it like this: the opponent comes a charging against the monster, so in a desperate last-ditch attack, the attacked monster charges back and they both collide head on and go boom. ^0^ Hence, Final Charge. Besides, it's the attacking monster's final charge too. Since when did you get so picky about the names, anyway? xD

I don't really see how this is replacing Sakuretsu, though. Final Charge is a two-for-one trade since you have to blast a monster of your own to get the opponent's one and it does nothing if you don't have a monster to back it up with. Even with the burn compensation, I don't really see stuff other than Aether Fairy preferring this over the more flexible one-for-one that is Sakuretsu Armor.

And I just realized...I reached one of my goals without even realizing it; create a theme that actually makes Des Counterblow work for it. Woo-hoo! ^0^

Anyways, the revamped guardian:

Aether Fairy Guardian
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Earth
800 Atk / 2000 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. Until your next End Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, monsters on your Field can not be destroyed by Battle and all Battle Damage to you becomes zero.

And why not? A bit more support. :3

Aether Veil
Continuous Spell

When this face-up card on your Field is destroyed as the result of a card effect, all damage you would receive until your next End Phase becomes zero.

Lure of the Fey
Normal Spell

Special Summon one Fairy type monster from your Hand, then look at your opponent's Hand. If there are any monsters that can be Normal Summoned, select one of them and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field.

And since I notice a new post:

Contact Fusion is a bit more selective. It must be the Fusion Material Monsters going from the field back into the Deck, shuffle the Deck, and Special Summon the Fusion Monster. So far, only the "Elemental Hero ___ Neos" monsters can do this in the TCG.

Uhh...and what would these be then? You can send those monsters back if you feel like it? All activation costs need to be absolute, why else would anyone pay them? o.O I really don't get your point here, it's not like you can't imitate Neos' contact fusion with fake cards and it would suit the drive forms. -.-

Way to the Dawn: like I said, anything linked to something that's such a pain to summon that doesn't win you the game right there and then just isn't worth even considering.

Soul Eater: and why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would anyone even consider this when we have Way to the Dawn, not to mention equip spell cards that are actually helpful? Oh wait, that's not worth considering either. My bad.

Keyblade - Kingdom Key: Why not just run Broken Bamboo Sword while we're at it? -.-

Keyblade - Star Seeker: Uh-huh, just throw in Spell Economics and we get a free spell anyway. K thx. Besides, since when did Star Seeker have anything to do with spellcasting? xP

Keyblade - Oathkeeper: One-attribute-only effects already suck by their very nature, because basically every deck has attributes all over the board. Besides, even if this would be fighting a dark monster it would only amount to an effective 700 point increase in power. So remind me: we're not just running United We Stand (800 for each of your monsters against all attributes) because..?

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
As for the drive forms, my own takes...

Keybearer Drive-Valor
Monster/Fire/Warrior/Fusion/Effect/6*
Atk 1900/Def 1200
"Keybearer"+"Guardian of Heart"
This monster may only be fusion summoned by returning the listed fusion-material monsters from your field to your deck (you do not use "polymerization"). This monster may attack twice in one battle phase.

Keybearer Drive-Wisdom
Monster/Water/Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect/6*
Atk 1800/Def 1600
"Keybearer"+"Royal Magician of Heart"
This monster may only be fusion summoned by returning the listed fusion-material monsters from your field to your deck (you do not use "polymerization"). When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, add one spell card from your graveyard to your hand.

Get the gist?

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
And since I notice a new post:

Uhh...and what would these be then? You can send those monsters back if you feel like it? All activation costs need to be absolute, why else would anyone pay them? o.O I really don't get your point here, it's not like you can't imitate Neos' contact fusion with fake cards and it would suit the drive forms. -.-

Way to the Dawn: like I said, anything linked to something that's such a pain to summon that doesn't win you the game right there and then just isn't worth even considering.

Soul Eater: and why in the name of all that is sweet and sugary would anyone even consider this when we have Way to the Dawn, not to mention equip spell cards that are actually helpful? Oh wait, that's not worth considering either. My bad.

Keyblade - Kingdom Key: Why not just run Broken Bamboo Sword while we're at it? -.-

Keyblade - Star Seeker: Uh-huh, just throw in Spell Economics and we get a free spell anyway. K thx. Besides, since when did Star Seeker have anything to do with spellcasting? xP

Keyblade - Oathkeeper: One-attribute-only effects already suck by their very nature, because basically every deck has attributes all over the board. Besides, even if this would be fighting a dark monster it would only amount to an effective 700 point increase in power. So remind me: we're not just running United We Stand (800 for each of your monsters against all attributes) because..?

Clearly you aren't getting the idea. I'll ignore you until you do. "This sucks, that sucks", try thinking less like an elitist.

As for the drive forms, my own takes...

Keybearer Drive-Valor
Monster/Fire/Warrior/Fusion/Effect/6*
Atk 1900/Def 1200
"Keybearer"+"Guardian of Heart"
This monster may only be fusion summoned by returning the listed fusion-material monsters from your field to your deck (you do not use "polymerization"). This monster may attack twice in one battle phase.

Keybearer Drive-Wisdom
Monster/Water/Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect/6*
Atk 1800/Def 1600
"Keybearer"+"Royal Magician of Heart"
This monster may only be fusion summoned by returning the listed fusion-material monsters from your field to your deck (you do not use "polymerization"). When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, add one spell card from your graveyard to your hand.

Get the gist?

Yeah, that would qualify as a Contact Fusion.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Clearly you aren't getting the idea. I'll ignore you until you do. "This sucks, that sucks", try thinking less like an elitist.

There's something between elitism and just plain silliness, you know. I have all appreciation for competitively ignored cards that do stuff that other cards can't do or have some unique mix of abilities (Satellite Cannon, Cloudians, Final Countdown, Jupiter, Begone Knave!, Ectoplasmer etc.) but what's the point in making a fake card that does something that countless other cards are already doing except that it does it worse? I thought the point of this thread was to be creative and create new concepts; not recycle old ones. How does not getting all thrilled about seeing the same old things (atk up, atk down, def up, def down) getting used over and over again make me an elitist? I mean, at least make it thematic. <_<

And ACC: I really don't see why you need to call that fusion summon. Just say "this card can not be Special Summoned except by blah blah blah...". Not that it matters much, but I think that's the wording XYZ (also a nomi-fusion) uses. x3

Oh, and considering the nature of drive forms, shouldn't those be timed somehow? I could see wisdom's constant spell recursion being a bit of a balance issue otherwise. =O Maybe also add a way to carry over keyblades for thematic purposes.

Generic Swordsman
Warrior
4 Star/Earth
1200 Atk / 1200 Def

He is a mighty warrior and a point of pride for anti-elitists everywhere.

Generic Spellcaster
Spellcaster
4 Star/Dark
80 Atk / 20 Def

He is definitely something you should bow down to and worship. If you say that he sucks you are clearly an elitist.

Generic Nomi
Fiend/Effect
12 Star/Dark
2500 Atk / 1000 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by paying all of your Life Points. If you do not support the use of this card you are an elitist.

Generic Equip
Equip Spell

Increase the Atk of the equipped monster by 100. If you run this card in your Deck, you may pat yourself on the back for not being an elitist.

Honestly...who wants to see more cards like this? Even the card makers have had enough sense to start giving even vanillas some purpose (like Hunter Dragon being the strongest Cyberdark equipable, Volcanic Rat working with Blaze Accelerator etc.). -.-

Last edited:
Years
The Sora Drive forms that I'm making to go with this card do not say so.

But most fusion monsters do. Anyway, as I said before, contact-fusion (fusion without poly or other cards) suits drive form better, since Sora doesn't have to cast a spell or anything to use it.

Okay, I like that one. Contact fusing to DF. That'll be in there for sure. I'll take out those cards then. Add some Riku supports.

I like this one better. I'll use the improved one if I find it lacking in an actual duel.

You will. Many monsters used in competitive play have powerful effects that continue activating as long as they remain on the field. (example is Il Blud's ability to bring back a zombie per turn.) My PoH not only blocks this, it also walls in defense mode. Cyber Dragon, Zombie Master, and Il Blud all cry when they get plunked down on the field and there's nothing they can run over. Monarch gets angry when it can't destroy its targets. Badda-bing, badda-boom.

I don't really play cometitivly. My hardest opponents run Spellcaster and Dragon decks, both being centered around ...Blue Eyes White Dragon, and Dark Magician.

That's near laughable if they weren't so good with them.

Everyone brought this up. It is not listed on the cards because it is a generic rule for my set. Cards do not say "If you noraml summon this card, you cannot normal summon another monser in the same turn" do they? No, they do not.

Sets don't get generic rules in YGO. If it isn't present in their effect text, it isn't a part of the card's ruling. That's why gemini monsters need the whole effect about having to normal summon them again. Anyway, the reason monster's don't have the text you mentioned is because that's an official rule in the rulebook. There is nothing in the rules about Blade of Heart cards.

Well - I don't care about that too much. If you've ever played KH the fact that Sora can only use one weapon is self-explanitory.

One of my favorites too. It's KHII Fenrir, which you obtain from defeating Sephiroth. Roxas was designed to be the ultimate user of this equip, adding another Keyblade's power to it.

Oh... but Fenrir has Negative Combo, so shouldn't it be reducing the number of attacks you make in exchange for burn damage and attack boost?

Yeah, but when I tried making up effects for that - I hated
them all. Thus, this effect was born.

Yup. I needed a way to do so, and it was the logical choice.

Hmm... actually, Magician of Faith is now back to being limited, so you can use her to rez them.

Not in a KH only deck!

Right on it.

I'd say Oathkeeper's effect fit Oblivion better, personally, 'cause of the whole "destruction" theme of it.

Yeah, see below. It was originally Oblivion's effec, but I didn't feel right with it that way.

Revenge, pure and simple. You take out the Oathkeeper, it takes out you. I almost put this ability on Obivion, but I like it the way it is.

Nicest effect I think I've seen in your keys.

Thanks.

I forgot to put Roxas on there! He's supposed to be affected by it too, but I only now realized that I accidently left him off. Your wanting Roxas to attack twice was even the reason I made that card.

The problem with giving monsters specific support so that they can attack is that specific support is too easiliy destroyed. Besides, with Jinzo and Royal Decree running rampant in a lot of decks any continuous traps are gonna be negated or destroyed faster than you can say "Keyblade!"

I've seen three jinzo in my life. One was joey's.

I think it's just fine. I'd rather lose cards than LP. - Especially against those I play against.

Actually, in competitive YGO the exact opposite holds true. Players have run confiscation for a long time (pay 1000 LP to choose a card from someone's hand and toss it.) See, in YGO you want your opponent to have fewer cards on their field and in their hand then you do at all times. Your life points won't matter if your opponent can't counter your constant attacks on their life points, eh?

I've tried playing decks like that. It doesn't matter much when Blue-Eyes-Ultimae-Dragon pos out and OTKs you, though. Or worse, Shining.

Yeah... but this is for a deck made to be used by one of my main villains, so being slightly overpowered is good.

As AE said, overpowered is not good. Generally, people will like your fake cards more if they have a strong unifying strategy rather than uber-powerfulness. The villain doesn't need overpowered cards, because if he has them then the only way the Hero can beat him is with an equally overpowered card. (Case in point, Waking the Dragons arc in YGO.)

Slightly - Yes. Extremely - No.

Every "The 13" is searchable in it's own deck, and that's what it's made for.

I personally still think that Chilly-Man is a bit underpowered for the same reason as any Marshmallon take off: invulnerable to battle but does nothing else.

Vexen - yeah, he's the defender of "The 13" deck. So?

That's why I have ways around it in it's "The 13" deck.

Post 'em.

Not finished yet. If it were, Iwould have already posted it.

They're partners, like Kisame and Itachi. I'd say that Itachi is Zexion and Kisame is Lexaeus. But on topic - This is one Zexion. There is a second in the deck - beware that one. He has the most effects out of any of the 13. Almost too strong - good! The main villains need strong decks.

The main villains just need to be good at card games.

Pretty much all characters are good at card games. Giving the villan nothing special doesn't help lend to the image of being an 'unstoppable' evil.

It's a pretty good direct attack, sniping the opponent for 1700 per turn, that's five turn kill with just that damage. Plus, each one of the 13 has a support card. Marluxia was also designed with 4000LP battle in mind.

You can't activate the effect more then three times, though, and you can't use the cards you discard. 1700 damage is negligible if your opponent destroys Marluxia and you've already tossed every monster in your hand. All he has to do is run Marlux over.

Hm... I'll think about that.

Hmm... got a better effect, then? I'm always looking to improve. Axel's in there because Him, Marluxia, and Larxene were partners topside.

See AE's comments.

Already answered this.

Ben Kei at least gets extra attacks for every equip attached. Roxas just gets two keys.

I don't want him to be considered overpowerd by the people I play against. Once I make the deck, I'll already be on thin ice because it's fake cards.

It does. When was there a law you can't add fusion monster to a deck after the concept has been thought of? Cause I've been breaking it everytime I obtain a new E-hero fusion then.

No, there isn't, but generally if you don't have the monsters ready then you don't show us their support yet.

I put up all card that would be included in the deck count.

United we stand is great. If you're looking to have a deck full of those, don't comment on this one, though. This is based off of a game. There is no United we stand in Kingdom hearts, and if there was, it wouldn't matter much anyway. Keyblades are the signature of KH, so they will be used.

See AE's comment again. Anyway, United We Stand would fit because it could be used to symbolize the friendship between Sora, Kairi, etc.

That it would. However, i'm using my made-up cards only for this. I'll probably give it to Kiira though..

I've seen similar wording on a different card somewher, and that's what I based the wording off of. I'll change it if you're really so opposed to it, though.

Please do. If you can make wording simple, do so.

Sure.

Sleight – Sonic Blade: I duno'. I'd say make it something like "If "Keybearer" destroys your opponent's monster by Battle during your Battle Phase, you may discard one card from your Hand. If you do, "Keybearer" can attack once again in a row." in lieu with the spamming of attacks in that sleight. Still not very trap-like, though, and I've never been too fond of monster specifics.

Eh, Roxas is suppoed to be on there too, and it also includes King Mickey, so that's fine with me. Most of my monsters can use it.
However, I will probably do the destroy to attack again so there's no double direct attacks with it.

Jinzo and Decree, once again, will murder this card. I don't think the discard requirement should be used. An LP cost would be much more prudent.

You suggested the discard. Plus, where I duel, no one has Jinzo.

You're saying this to a guy who had Pot of Greed or Cyber jar, and many times both, in their starting hand of an 80 card deck. Plus, this is mainly to be used by a main character of a fic, thus topdecking incessantly is okay. I'll probably add some drawing cards in there, though.

This deck should be usable by anyone, even Charlie Brown (unluckiest kid in the world, that guy). Anyway, people get bored if all your character does is topdeck. It would be better to show him as someone who wins because he knows his deck backwards and forwards (i.e., knows how to play each card in it to its maximum efficiency).

I know. In the actual story, Kiira's deck will be a bit different, including cards that let him draw - thus, no need to topdeck. Nobody I know is as good as me at topdecking, thus it's fine for me to build a deck where I may need to now and then.

Yeah - if the original pricess doesn't work for me, I'll use the better one, but I don't want to start with that - people will say I'm cheap, until I can prove that there are weak madeup cards. I'll probably put in another D&G instead of the polymers.

Weak cards and broken cards together in a deck doesn't really make it balanced, much less weak cards and balanced cards. PoH needs to be toughened up, because in a balanced deck no card is weak yet no card is overly powerful. PoH is weak.

I'm going to wit on that one. Kiira will use your better version, though.

I got laughed at when my friend told me I forgot Riku. HOW DO YOU FORGET RIKU!!! THAT WAS SO STUPID!!!

Good point. XD

I KNOW!!! HE'S A FREAKING MAIN CHARACTER!!!

EDIT: Also, did anyone notice that I made Mickey a God Card? I'm seriously surprised no one mentioned that.

Divine Beast on a card with a non-godly effect only means that Mickey doesn't have any type-specific supports that he can use. *sweatdrops*

Do you see any type-specific cards in my deck? No? Okay!

Warrior/Effect
7 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 1300 Def

If this card was Tribute Summoned by offering two differently named "The 13" monsters, it gains the following effect:

- This card can attack your opponent directly. If it does so using this effect, your opponent may discard a card from his/her Hand in order to reduce all Battle Damage from the attack by half. (This is treated as an Activation Cost)

Pretty good. I think I'll use this in a bit weaker form (one tribute.) Two is a bit too much in that deck.

As for the keyblades, I never said you couldn't run any, I'm just saying that you should actually make them at least sort of worth the bother. Like so:

During your Main Phase, you may return this face-up card on your Field to your Deck in order to select one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card from your Hand or Deck and equip it to the monster that was equipped with this card then shuffle your Deck. You may only return one "Blade of Heart" Equip Spell Card to your Deck in this manner each turn.

I love that effect - That's going to be on Kiira's Keyblade cards.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years

Elitist is Marauding Master, who not only ridicules suggestions but insults you personally in the process. AE was just pointing out that there are real cards that get the job done better. Making fake cards is only fun for everyone involved when new concepts and ideas that haven't already been incorporated into YGO are experimented with. AE is extremely good with new concepts (Parasite Demons, which are summoned to the opponent's field but have effects that hurt their controller greatly) and as a general nutty deck-builder (He's got a deck built around Ebon Magician Curran+Spacial Collapse and another one for D-Hero Double Dude, both of which are completely ignored in the current metagame). As he's already stated without my help, how does this make him an elitist?

Yeah, that would qualify as a Contact Fusion.

So why did you bother explaining it to me if I already knew what contact fusion was, just off the top of my head? (I've known for a while, you know, I have a bunch of fake Neo-Spacians a couple pages back.) >.<

As for you, AE, you should be devoting this time to posting in CARD GAMES rather then commenting on Chaos's elitistophobia (I love coining new words). Anyway, as for timing if you have suggestions that won't make the drive forms completely useless then I'm open to them.

Keybearer Drive-Final
Monster/Light/Warrior/Fusion/Effect/7*
Atk 2100/Def 2000
"Keybearer"+"Royal Magician of Heart"+"Guardian of Heart"
This monster may only be fusion special summoned by returning the listed fusion-material monsters from your field to your deck (you do not use "polymerization"). When this monster is summoned successfully, you may equip as many "Blade of Heart" cards as possible from your hand and graveyard to this monster. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you may draw a card.

Keybearer Drive-Master
Monster/Light/Warrior/Fusion/Effect/7*
Atk 2000/ Def 2000
"Keybearer"+"Royal Magician of Heart"+"Guardian of Heart"
This monster may only be special summoned by returning the listed monsters from your field to your deck (you do not use "polymerization"). This monster may attack twice during one battle phase. When this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, add one spell card from your graveyard to your hand.

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
He is STILL missing the point.

Obviously, the Kingdom Key is the weakest Keyblade. Obviously, it's also going to be a weak card.

Oathkeeper is a light-based Keyblade, so obviously it's just going to weaken DARK monsters as a card. How would light weaken fire, water, wind, or earth? It wouldn't.

Then there's Way to the Dawn and Soul-Eater. Given how powerful Riku is already, I didn't want him to become invincible with the effect of his Keyblade. Since Riku opened his heart to darkness and gained Soul-Eater, I figured that it should be an ATK boost. However, since he lost his friends in the process, that would be all. Way to the Dawn I guess could have the same ATK boost, since Riku didn't become weaker after leaving Castle Oblivion, but the Flip Effect negation is just something I don't see as "broken". I could go full effect negation, like with Dark Ruler Ha Des or something, but that could be too much.

Star Seeker is a magic-based Keyblade, in case you haven't noticed. However, it's weak, which is why the double-cost thing. And not all costs are Life Points. Look at Lightning Vortex.

NOW do you get it?

Good. Stop ridiculing me before I start reporting. Geez.

Keyblade - Oblivion
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora". It gains 800 ATK. Negate the effects of monsters the equipped monster attacks.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
He is STILL missing the point.

Obviously, the Kingdom Key is the weakest Keyblade. Obviously, it's also going to be a weak card.

Kingdom Key is DEFAULT Keyblade, not weakest (that would be Sweet Memories, which still serves a purpose).

Oathkeeper is a light-based Keyblade, so obviously it's just going to weaken DARK monsters as a card. How would light weaken fire, water, wind, or earth? It wouldn't.

Oathkeeper slows rate of Drive Form dropping, but does nothing to boost power against Heartless. As for Light no weakening other elements, in YGO there isn't an elemental hierarchy like in Pokemon or other games. In Kingdom Hearts, those other elements are basically just catalysts for different spells. My point, however, is that it doesn't matter. Just because something is thematic doesn't mean it can't have a use as well. Given that attack and defense boosts and drops are overused already, couldn't you have though of a different concept for this card? Maybe the ability to substitute for a drive form monster?

Then there's Way to the Dawn and Soul-Eater. Given how powerful Riku is already, I didn't want him to become invincible with the effect of his Keyblade. Since Riku opened his heart to darkness and gained Soul-Eater, I figured that it should be an ATK boost. However, since he lost his friends in the process, that would be all. Way to the Dawn I guess could have the same ATK boost, since Riku didn't become weaker after leaving Castle Oblivion, but the Flip Effect negation is just something I don't see as "broken". I could go full effect negation, like with Dark Ruler Ha Des or something, but that could be too much.

You could also have given him multiple attacks or the ability to special summon heartless tokens, since that's what happened as well. Equip cards are generally weak, so if you play one it has to be amazingly strong.

Star Seeker is a magic-based Keyblade, in case you haven't noticed. However, it's weak, which is why the double-cost thing. And not all costs are Life Points. Look at Lightning Vortex.

You miss the point. Lightning Vortex is theoretically a two for two or even two for five trade (LV itself and the discarded card vs. every monster on your opponent's field.) You give up some CA, true, but you can nuke an entire field with it. A direct attack is not worth -2CA, and LP costs are generally > CA costs. There are a select few cards that disregard this rule when played correctly, but that's usually the case. Your made up card was not one of them. It seems to me less that we are being elitist and more that you refuse to accept any criticism. Anyway, Star Seeker isn't remotely magic based. It's a +1 combo Keyblade in game, and when you first receive it Sora can only wield it in Valor Form, which is the ONLY drive form in which you CANNOT cast spells. 0.o

NOW do you get it?

Yes. I understand your deep-seated inability to accept the fact that you were wrong.

Good. Stop ridiculing me before I start reporting. Geez.

Report us for what? Constructive criticism? 0.o

Keyblade - Oblivion
Equip Spell
Equip only to "Keyblade Master of Light - Sora". It gains 800 ATK. Negate the effects of monsters the equipped monster attacks.

Horrible topdeck since it equips only to one monster. Not worth it at all. At least make it equippable to Riku as well, and possibly a Roxas equivalent.

Please, sir, take your whinings elsewhere if you refuse to accept criticism. >.<

Kura Neko
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 600
This monster inflicts piercing damage. When this monster is removed from play, special summon it and equip it with "Ornate Black Pistol-Hades" from your deck, hand, or graveyard.

Ornate Black Pistol-Hades
Equip Spell
Increase the attack of the equipped monster by five hundred points. If the equipped monster is "Kura Neko", increase the equipped monster's attack points by seven hundred instead, and this card gains the following effect: Kura Neko may attack twice in one battle phase.

The beggining of a new card set? What is this madness?

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Name of Card Slifer the big cheesie chick magician
(Card Type: ie. trap, spell, continuous trap, etc.)continuous trap
(Level/Type/Attribute)--
(Effects) Each turn this is on the feild draw one card and search your deck for all fire monsters, If there are 5 or more summon 1 lvl. 8 monster from your deck,hand,or graveyard
(ATK/DEF)
(Rarity) Ultra Rare

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Aesther Fairy set:

Filcher- share the pain suddenly became awesome? You really only need to run 1 of this, since you can pull it from the deck. After one is out, you can always have one again. Depends on how many "destroy one of your monster to do something" card exist, which i can't think of any right now.

Guardian- meh ><;

Lancer- so piercing for all, but you need to swarm. These fairies suicide, not swarm x.x not to mention most of their attack generally sucks.

Messenger- and no idea why the opponent will destroy it with a card effect, again, unless you are the one who used it. I still can't think of enough card effects that destroy your own monster to do something... do we really need to use thunder crash?

Skydancer- we have either direct atk at half the atk (which is less than 1000) or piercing. Considering that these guys probably can't run over anything, this may be a better choice than lancer (add robbin goblin please?).

Swordsman- more beatstick than effect...

Queen- so this is how we do it: swarm the field in insane speed and basically remain invincible because these fairies are going to suicide nonstop. Foolish Burial for the win again.

Effemarity- old card comes back with new friends. You really like that thing.

Gifts of the Fey- potentially game breaking... for one, 3 of this is more chances at exodia at a relatively low cost. Just run low traps and you won't have any problem with the drawback. On the other hand, this is the greatest removal engine ever invented. Potentially game breaking... hm.

Aether Blade- we have a potential problem... what if i summon the fairy, then equip it to the fairy on the same turn, and effemarity tries to kill them both? then who dies first, the fairy or this? either way, actually useful on many occassion.

Aetheral Link- basically, activate an effect of a fairy and summon another one to replace it... this beats messenger anyday (unless we target messenger with this ability, then we just swarmed the field with 2 of these. Then again, the queen tends to do it enough.)

Descent of the Queen- meh ><;

Final Charge- more suicide! And of course fairies win again.

Deadly card set, because it just swarms insanely fast with 3 messengers and all these suiciding traps to go with it. Although I seem to praise the queen a lot, it's still limited... we never see decks relying on a continuous spell card do that well. The closest we got is maybe gem beast with rainbow ruins that they're just in tier 2 or 1.5 closest. Fairies got no attack power, and can't do anything about Light and Darkness Dragon except to sit and let the Dragon reclaim a LOT of CA before it's finally weak enough for these 1400-power-ish fairies can finally beat it down. By then, the opponent probably got a +3 or 4 with heavy momentum swing... =(

Kura Neko- so we raised 4 star to be able to pierce and recurse to certain degree now? err... I'll say that's quite broken >>;

Black Pistol Hades-
Increase the attack of the equipped monster by 500. If the equipped monster is "Kura Neko", increase the equipped monster's attack points by an additional 200, and the equipped monster can attack twice in the same battle phase.

Clarity purpose. The equip is fine (it's the stats of the original that's bleh) Not to mention, the original is a warrior x.x;

Going to ignore the giant KH mess. Messes make Nami cry.

Cursed Sword- Mysteltannin
Fiend / Effect
4 Star / Dark
0 Atk / 0 Def

When this face up Atk position monster battles, flip a coin. If heads, switch the Atk of this monster with the Atk of the monster this card battles with.

Cursed Sword- Tirfling
Beast Warrior / Effect
4 Star / Dark
2200 Atk / 1400 Def

When this card destroys a monster, increase your LP by the difference between the Atk of this card and the Def of the destroyed monster. When your LP is lower than the opponent's LP, destroy this card.

Cursed Sword- Executioner
Zombie / Effect
4 Star / Dark
? Atk / 0 Def

The Atk of this card is equal to the number of Dark attribute monster in your graveyard x 300. If there are only Dark attribute monsters in your graveyard, negate the effects of all monsters destroyed by this card as a result of battle.

(I think I used these names before... XD)

Last edited:

Usagi-Chan~

Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Dark Valkiria Knight
(Card Type: ie. trap, spell, continuous trap, etc.) Fusion Monster, Magician Valkiria + Dark Magician Girl + Queen's Knight
(Level/Type/Attribute) 8, Spellcaster,Dark
(Effects) Once per turn this card will gain 500 atk. for each Dark Magician, Dark Magician of Chaos, Dark Magician Girl in your graveyard or out of play.
(ATK/DEF)ATK: 3000 Defence:2500
(Rarity) Ultra Rare

Horizon Knight

Erm...Instead of actually typing out one's card, why don't we actually use the "Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker" already online? It's actually quite fun. For example:

2006101869434413953_rs.jpg

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Erm...because we hate that card maker that gets all the fonts wrong and is alluded to by virtually every newbie in this section? D=

Besides, then you'd have to get illustrations for everything. :x

Cursed Sword- Mysteltannin: Oooh...it's sort of like fairy Box on legs! ^0^ Okay, technically it's not on legs since it's a sword, but you know...at any rate, it's got that Sasuke Samurai style paralysis effect to it and it's tomato-searchable. Neat card, all things said. :3

Cursed Sword- Tirfling: 2200 point non-tribute. Do I see a future for this in SD Aggro? If you'd want to do that for some reason, you can also Creature Swap this to your opponent and watch it blow up unless you're both at equal LP. I suppose the requirement for higher LP is sort of balancing, but given the carefree way in which most decks toss away LP for activation costs that shouldn't be hard to establish. Fair enough.

Cursed Sword- Executioner: cool complement for that Dark attribute dump and draw spell whose name I can't remember. It's also very mean to Treeborn Frog since that effect wording means it won't be able to revive anymore. The requirement for dark attribute dump to get attack power balances it out, though.

Hm...I don't recall seeing these names before, but if you say so...o.o Anyways, I'll just refer to Frosty's comments on Kura Neko. Too much effect for a 1900-Atk 4-star.

Anyways, the big destroyers that I can think of are Generation Shift (Destroy a monster and search for a new copy of it to put in your hand), Des Counterblow (Continuous trap, similar to Begone, Knave! but it destroys the monster instead of bouncing it) and since they're fairies you can also run Celestial Transformation (special summon one fairy at half its normal atk and have it destroyed on your next end phase), oh and Torrential Tribute of course. Also, Gifts of the Fey is really a double-edged sword in Exodia decks. Yes, you see more cards, but what if it draws out part of Exodia but not all of it? Either summon the poor limb (and flag your whole strategy to your opponent immediately while you're at it) or have it removed from the game. Neither is a nice option. Regardless, I fixed the potential trouble with the blade. *Pokes edit* And yes, they do have a dragon weak. Against that, your best bet is probably nuking the field and filching the opponent's hand so frequently that your opponent won't manage to summon LaDD. As long as you have Effemarity in your backfield, it won't sit around long before nuking its own field, though, and Des Counterblow is just daring for the dragon to attack. Since both are just applying their effects rather than activating them the dragon can't do squat to negate them either. x3

Anyways, just to round this off:

Aether Fairy Torchbearer

Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 700 Def

During your next Draw Phase after this card was destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may return this card from your Graveyard to your Hand instead of drawing a card. When this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the Atk of this card.

Blessing of the Fey
Normal Spell

Select one monster on your Field and increases its Atk by half of its original Atk (an original Atk of ? results in an increase of zero). On the End Phase, destroy the selected monster.

And ACC, Chilly-man is one of the strongest they've got. Think about it: did Marshmallon spend its sweet time on the banlist because of the 1000 points of burn or because it's a no-battle-destruction monster? We're living a format with limited face-up monster removal, so battle invulnerability is all the more deadly, especially on a monster that can smack down weaker ones in its path and deal a fair bit of damage on a direct attack (and can be traded in for direct attacking Marluxia). He's most certainly not weak.

Anyways, Haseo: could you use quote tags, please? It's sort of difficult to separate what you're saying from what you're quoting at some points. o.o

Last edited:

Usagi-Chan~

Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
The Name Of The Pharaoh
(Card Type: ie. trap, spell, continuous trap, etc.) Spell
(Level/Type/Attribute)
(Effects)Activate this card only when you have all three Egyptian God Cards in the graveyard, deck, hand, or on the feild, then summon The Creator God of Light, Horakhty, this is counted as a speacil summon and a fusion.
(ATK/DEF)
(Rarity)Ultimate Rare

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Okay, I like that one. Contact fusing to DF. That'll be in there for sure. I'll take out those cards then. Add some Riku supports.

You know, thematic is all well and good but I'm starting to wonder about this fanfic.

I don't really play cometitivly. My hardest opponents run Spellcaster and Dragon decks, both being centered around ...Blue Eyes White Dragon, and Dark Magician.

That's near laughable if they weren't so good with them.

Don't take this the wrong way, but chances are that they aren't that good with them, it's just that you stink as badly as they do. There is a reason that competitive play is called that. Anyway, BEW Dragon wouldn't show up in your fanfic anyway since Kaiba owns the only copies of it in existence. If anything, your character would be worried about facing Hell Kaiser Ryo (or Zane if you like English names) and his Cyber Dragon deck. Plus, if your friends are running decks that never see competitive play then they aren't accurate playtesters. You need to duel against, say, someone running Perfect Circle or Zombie to get a good idea of how valuable these updates are. Half the fun of these made-up cards is making them usable against the strongest duelists.

Well - I don't care about that too much. If you've ever played KH the fact that Sora can only use one weapon is self-explanitory.

But what about those of us who haven't? Besides, this is a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic incorporating a deck based on Kingdom Hearts, so you should probably just insert a line. Anyway, most of Sora's drive forms use two keyblades, and it stands to reason that if Roxas is a part of Sora then Sora should be able to tap into his abilities. My take on the reason that Sora doesn't wield two keyblades is that Roxas represents a subconscious part of his mind, and that's where the knowledge of that ability's use is stored. It could also be because Riku was originally the Keybearer, and when the power passed to Sora he lost its abilities.

Yeah, but when I tried making up effects for that - I hated
them all. Thus, this effect was born.

Hm... maybe you should make it represent a different keyblade instead, like that one you get from the Underworld Coliseum that allows endless combos but disables combo finishers during MP charge.

Not in a KH only deck!

Just because a deck has one theme doesn't mean you can't include supports that are universal to strengthen it. Take Judai (Jaden) from GX for example. His deck is basically E-Hero fusion, but he includes quite a few other cards, including Card Trooper, Card Excluder, and Necro Gardna, that have nothing to do with E-Hero. Granted, they don't do that much for his deck either but this is only an example of how a character can have and use other cards in their decks.

Yeah, see below. It was originally Oblivion's effec, but I didn't feel right with it that way.

Oh well, you're the creator I suppose.

I've seen three jinzo in my life. One was joey's.

Once again, you've been dueling against people who play DARK MAGICIAN for crying out loud. Your experience with friends is not a good indication of what a competitive duelist would be facing (and expected to defeat).

I've tried playing decks like that. It doesn't matter much when Blue-Eyes-Ultimae-Dragon pos out and OTKs you, though. Or worse, Shining.

If you are letting BEW Ultimate get out, much less Shining, then you might either A)Not be playing by official rules or B)Playing a deck that does not take CA into account at all. Seriously, if your opponent has one Blue-Eyes, let alone three, then you have either met a card-playing god in combat or you have made about five misplays in one turn. *sweatdrops*

Slightly - Yes. Extremely - No.

Reverse that remark. A villain can be "unstoppable" if he plays amazingly well. But more on this later.

Vexen - yeah, he's the defender of "The 13" deck. So?

I guess I'll have to agree with AE here.

Not finished yet. If it were, Iwould have already posted it.

Then they don't exist, therefore there technically are no ways. *shot'ed*

Pretty much all characters are good at card games. Giving the villan nothing special doesn't help lend to the image of being an 'unstoppable' evil.

Correction: All characters THINK they are good at card games. In reality, you've got decks in YGO anime that won't stand up for three rounds in competitive play. The only reason Judai, Yugi, and all the rest win at all is because they have the miraculous ability to topdeck into whatever they need every time. Yugi is my favorite example. He plays a deck centered around Dark Magician, so he should be bringing spellcaster support, right? No. He plays Dark Magician specific cards, and instead of supporting monsters for spellcasters he packs (oh the horrors) Gazelle, King of Mythical Beasts and Berfomet (which serve to be fused into the useless Chimera, the Flying Mythical Beast) and the Magnet Warriors (who stink with a capital "S"). Judai runs an E-Hero deck and doesn't add King of the Swamp. At all. Asuka runs a deck full of rituals with a single ritual support card. Ten seconds against perfect circle would wipe any one of them out. If your character's deck can withstand perfect circle, think what it could do to any of them.

I don't want him to be considered overpowerd by the people I play against. Once I make the deck, I'll already be on thin ice because it's fake cards.

Ben Kei is very real and has an OTK based around him, but he never sees competitive play these days that I know of. If Roxas had a three hundred attack point drop, he'd be an amazingly weaker version.

That it would. However, i'm using my made-up cards only for this. I'll probably give it to Kiira though..

Consider it, please.

You suggested the discard. Plus, where I duel, no one has Jinzo.

You don't know if your deck is any good unless you can counter its weakness. Therefore, you must play against someone who runs your weakness.

I know. In the actual story, Kiira's deck will be a bit different, including cards that let him draw - thus, no need to topdeck. Nobody I know is as good as me at topdecking, thus it's fine for me to build a deck where I may need to now and then.

It'll work for you and no one else, hm? Made-up cards are usually only fun if anyone can use them, though.

I'm going to wit on that one. Kiira will use your better version, though.

Good move!

Do you see any type-specific cards in my deck? No? Okay!

Still, making him Divine Beast accomplished nothing except giving me a funny mental picture of Mickey with a halo. XD

Warrior/Effect
7 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 1300 Def

Well, as long as your fanfic deck is corrected, I'm good.

Back