• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books From the Page to the Screen!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
file_573779_books-2013-part-2-0122013-175906.jpg

Which book or book series would you like to see be adapted into a film someday? Are there any book-to-film movies coming out soon that you are looking forward to seeing?

Years
The Swarm by Frank Schatzing - although there's so much content that it'd probably be better to see as a TV series. The movie rights were actually brought years ago but nothing has ever come of them. There's a couple of upcoming Stephen King adaptations that I'm looking forward to, like the planned Firestarter remake, that deserve mention too.

If we're including comics, I think the webcomic Seed would make for a really good movie/tv series too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The Swarm by Frank Schatzing - although there's so much content that it'd probably be better to see as a TV series. The movie rights were actually brought years ago but nothing has ever come of them. There's a couple of upcoming Stephen King adaptations that I'm looking forward to, like the planned Firestarter remake, that deserve mention too.

If we're including comics, I think the webcomic Seed would make for a really good movie/tv series too.
What's Seed? :fufu:

I'd like to see a properly quality TV show made from the web book Worm. If done right, it would be absolutely amazing. And gritty af.

pkmin3033

Very, VERY wary of wishing for adaptations of printed media given how they usually turn out, but...

- Saga would make a fantastic adult TV series I think! Animated would be better, but live action could prove an interesting challenge that the right team would do an amazing job with.
- I'd like to see someone do Shannara properly. Shannara Chronicles was truly, truly awful, but the source material ranks amongst some of my favourite books.
- The Malazan Book of the Fallen would make a spectacular TV series...but to do it justice, it'd probably need 10 seasons (and this just for Erikson's main series, nevermind the spinoff novels he's writing and Esselmont's series) of probably at least 50 episodes because there is SO. MUCH. CONTENT.
- Speaking of good novels that deserve TV series: Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar saga. At the very least Magician would make a fantastic TV series and the Empire trilogy would make a great spinoff if that did well.
- Marvel really need to follow in DC's shoes and adapt their better comic book storylines into animated movies. I could make a VERY long list here, but if I had to choose just one...Jason Aaron's run of Thor. That is the best Thor has ever been and it'd make an amazing TV series.
- The Wicked + The Divine might make an interesting series. Maybe.
- Goddamnit Disney, do something right with Star Wars and adapt Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy into movies. Somehow. I suppose they'd have to replace Han/Luke/Leia with other characters, but they could do that. The sequels look like even more of a disaster next to these.
- Why on earth hasn't the Dragonriders of Pern series had an adaptation yet =/

Back