• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Learning to Roleplay

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I've been interested lately to learn more about tabletop roleplaying. Normally I roleplay in a private one on one roleplay where the two of us work together as if we were writing fanfiction together. But I'd like to learn how to tabletop roleplay, you know, with a board, dice and GM and such. This isn't a roleplay to take real serious, I just would like someone to teach me how to roleplay this way. I've tried reading books and information online about it, but I'm the type of person that learns better with someone teaching and explaining things to me along the way. So, anyone interested? I need someone I can trust who has good experience in writing. Maybe perhaps a Roleplaying Moderator on this forum could teach me?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Hey Koko! Glad to see you've taken interest in the RPT, but I'm afraid our section of the forum isn't exactly what you might be looking for. We focus mostly on text-based roleplaying rather than tabletop like D&D (which is what you're describing). Think of it as the same stuff you do one-on-one with a friend, but on a much larger scale and basically multiplayer novel-writing. While we do have GMs and characters, RPs here rarely have any mechanics like dice rolls or attributes, etc.

If you ever need help with a RP on PC though (that isn't tabletop), don't hesitate to ask!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think some people here are playing Dungeons & Dragons though, maybe some of them can help you out if you hit them up on Discord c:

Back