• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Whitney, esp if you have a male lead. She is hard! LOL That clefairy is annoying and that Miltank ... don't get me started about that pokemon. >_<

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
For me it was between Whitney and Claire. Claire is a bit understandable but who would have thought....miltank...........

Psycho Bugler

Jew Extrordinaire!
Years
Hmm... In the original Gold/Silver, I thought all the gyms were rather tough except for Price. That guy was so easy. In each of my run throughs and versions I had problems with each gym leader somewhere along the line. Heart Gold/Soul Silver just made all the gyms really easy for some reason.

Years
I may have voted for Clair but I agree with all the Whitney haters.

She was no fun to fight at all, even I learnt the hard way...

She actually inspired me to train my own Miltank, which I was satisfied with.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Whitney = the right kind of hard

Pyrce = Dewgong uses rest all 10 times every playthrough

Clair = 33% to crit and I never get a crit. Her Kingdra Struggled to death.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Whitney's Miltank is just painful, but I don't find too much trouble (I'm always overleveled) as it doesn't have to much fun fighting a Feraligatr.

Years
That Gengar (forgot the gym leader name) made my life very very very very very hard. I can handle the milk tank, but that ghost just killed my pokemon by just looking at them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
In my opinion, Morty. Some people say they powned him easily. But I had a hard time facing his Gengar. Woot. That Gengar packs a punch. Whitney was pretty hard, but she took only 3 mins of my time to beat her.

Years
It's usually between Whitney and Clair, I find. In GSC, Whitney was VERY difficult to beat because of her Miltank, but in HGSS something about her just seemed so much more managable. Clair on the other hand was harder than ever to beat; in each playthrough of HeartGold I find that I only ever beat her with the skin of my teeth, and I never had anything that could handle Kingdra too well- I the last time I fought her I basically had to wait til it could only use Hyper Beam. :/

Years
Whitney was a struggle for me until I remembered the almighty power of Heracross. Level that thing up 17 and you're rolling through that gym like a piece of cake.

Years
That Miltank was the most challenging pokemon to beat in the entire game for me.
But when I finally took it down, was the best IN YOUR FLYING FLIPPING FACE moment.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
I always had trouble with Bugsy's Scyther and Whitney's Miltank. Especially in GSC, that Scyther was awful. I think on my first playthrough of Gold, it took me at least 5 challenges to beat Bugsy just because of Scyther. And everyone knows that Whitney's Miltank doesn't take names. My most recent runthrough of HeartGold was the first time I didn't have to make multiple challenges against Whitney (got lucky with a burn from Quilava).

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I had problems with chuck; I was underleveled when I got there :( had to grind oh so long.... whitney as well, every time I think I got her, she uses the stupid recovery move! I took forever with her... and after that I seriously though I won't get the badge cuz she was a sore loser xD

blue

gucci
Years
I actually think Whitney is easier in HGSS than in GSC but still remains tough, Clair on the other hand is slightly more difficult so it's really a tie between them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
I guess you aren't counting the second eight??? lol. I was over-leveled till I reached Tabitha in Kanto... And now I am grinding so I can beat her.

Doa

Analyzer
Years
Though not as difficult for me as most, I would have to say Whitney was the most difficult to face in terms of relativity. (Miltank was only mildly annoying.) Claire took me the longest and had the highest levels.

Back