• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I wonder if a team has ever been twatted that badly on the opening day and then gone on to be champions before.

Guess I'll watch the England vs Scotland game. Not sure who I'm supporting.

Edit - Well, it was better than expected I guess.

>Danny Wellbeck MoM

RZtxGfC.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Danny Welbeck reacts to his Mom award:

Entertaining enough game, not very promising from England though - Kenny Miller skinned Gary Cahill with a piece of skill most of my school team don't fall for. Against Poland Lewandowski'll tear us a new one unless Phil Jones is marking him xD
Also, was that not just the best thing that could've happened to Lambert on his well-deserved debut? I was a bit concerned we wouldn't score when the creativity of Rooney and Cleverley was replaced with Lambert and *Shudders* Milner, but we still managed to win luckily.

Also, numerous United players coming out and saying they want Rooney to stay - good to hear, I personally hope he does stay as he's still the best English player of his generation.

Years
Pretty annoyed with Star Sports decision to telecast some of this week's matches on Star Cricket HD. Now I won't be able to watch Liverpool vs Stoke.
I'll have to go to a sports bar or stream it live.

By the way, does anyone here play in the official Fantasy Premier League?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I was a bit concerned we wouldn't score when the creativity of Rooney and Cleverley was replaced with Lambert and *Shudders* Milner, but we still managed to win luckily
I think you'll find Lambert was involved in more goals than either of those two players last year lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I think you'll find Lambert was involved in more goals than either of those two players last year lol.

Actually Rooney scored more goals and had more assists (22/14 versus 15/5). Generally Lambert finishes off chances - Cleverley creates them, Rooney does both (Even dribbles when he's on his game, sadly about as rare as Nani at the moment).

Also, was Rooney disallowed goal one of the most obvious offside decisions gotten wrong in the past year or is that just me?

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Some people don't realise how well Rooney played last season because everyone was focusing on Rvp but Wayne did well considering he was in and out of the team because of some injuries etc etc...

A little off topic but the great Ronaldinho is like a new man:

Spoiler:

Hope he doesn't lose any of his great skill.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Are you just saying that because he got his teeth fixed? :P

Yeah, Rooney's never really been bad for United. And in 2011/12 he scored 34 goals for us, just his output dips when a main man takes the weight of his shoulders (Shocker) such as Ronaldo or Van Persie. But if he genuinely does want to go just because Van Persie's too much competition for him, then he needs to grow a pair - in 2010 he complained "we aren't signing world class players, I'm leaving" (to be fair, other than Cantona and Van Persie, we've never really signed players who're already world class). Now it seems like he's been disappointed because we've bought another world class player and he's not the undisputed No.1. Secretly I think he was celebrating when we sold Ronaldo.
Whatever the truth is though, I really wish he'd actually speak out in person. The most annoying thing about the Rooney / Suarez / Bale sagas is that the main men involved aren't speaking out, we're left hanging on the every word of "close sources" - in other words, someone at the Daily Sport made it up and circulated it to other journalists :P

Years
Personally I don't understand Rooney. In 2010 he complained that the club didn't have ambition, and he didn't have enough good players or some **** like that. Fast forward 3 years he's contradicting himself by complaining that Robin Van persie is taking his place.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Exactly. What I really want is for him to come out and contradict the latter reports, even if it is just to say "I want even more money". If he did come out and say "I'll stay if I get more money" then Moyes has to sell him. If he comes out and says "I never wanted to leave, I want to stay" with no catch whatsoever, then Moyes should start playing him again. Kagawa may be brilliant, but he's never going to be a Rooney, sadly.

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
The only person who has actually said anything was Suarez and even after claiming he wants to leave days later the media came out and said he changed his mind. Bale has said nothing and to be honest all parties involved in that deal has been quiet.

Madrid have not made another bid for Bale and Ancelotti has been quiet, so the media are the only ones pushing the issue. Sir Alex said Rooney wanted to leave at the end of last season and that's the last somebody who is actually associated to the club has said he wanted to go.

All media speculation, the Suarez saga is the only one that actually is news worthy and has real evidence behind it.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'mk just effing tired of Bale. I can't turn the TV on to watch the news or look at a newspaper without seeing five different "definitive" offers and the latest gossip of "he looked happy when he was caught buying bread at Tesco which surely means everything is already signed!!". Even in pretendedly serious outlets! It's ridiculous. Please make it stop.

Also, in case you weren't aware of this, let me show you the kick-off times for this weekend's matches in Spain:

JORNADA1LIGABBVA.png

Who's up for a match at 11 PM? :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Rooney's first complaint seemed like a play for more money tbh. The more recent one could well be the same, or he might simply be throwing his toys out of his pram like the spoilt chav he he.

11pm kick off sounds good. Any reasons behind that?

Years
I'll make a league for PokéCommunity on the official site.

To join you'll have to register on http://fantasy.premierleague.com and then select a team.

PS. I made a classic league. The league code is 885334-439544
If there's enough entries, I might make a head-to-head league as well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Hmm...may join up later. 11pm kick-off? Should the be the most exciting game to watch - less heat. Remember, it is Spain after all.

Gabri

m8
Years
I'm guessing that Spain has the same situation my country has - the kick-off times are controlled mainly by the television channels.
Come on, who will ever go to a stadium at 11pm on a Sunday?

Portuguese league kicks off this weekend as well - but with Sporting's disastrous economical situation, my hopes aren't really high. If we can qualify for the CL playoffs next year I'll be good.

Back