• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga One Change

Years
Pick an anime or manga you didn't like. What is one thing you'd change about it if you could that would drastically elevate the series in your eyes?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd take out all the sexual assault in Sword Art Online. All of it. If it weren't there, Sword Art Online would actually be good.
I can guarantee if you didn't like SAO before those incidents you definitely still wouldn't if they were removed.

That series has a mountain of problems and pretty much anything sexual certainly isn't at the top of the list.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I can guarantee if you didn't like SAO before those incidents you definitely still wouldn't if they were removed.

That series has a mountain of problems and pretty much anything sexual certainly isn't at the top of the list.

I actually did like a few arcs of Sword Art Online such as Gun Gale Online until that scene happened towards the end of it, and a little but of Alicization. But, I agree, Sword Art Online has a lot of problems, but the thread is titled "one change", so.

Years
For SAO, I think you could remove most of its problems, including the frequency of sexual assault, by removing Reki Kawahara as the author.

As for an example of a series where one change would make a ton of difference for me: Charlotte. Give Jun Maeda a full 2 cours to work with instead of a single cour so significant amounts of unexplored plot isn't brushed over in the last like 3 episodes.

Quite frankly there are so many series that could've benefited from giving the writers and additional cour to work with.

Years
As for an example of a series where one change would make a ton of difference for me: Charlotte. Give Jun Maeda a full 2 cours to work with instead of a single cour so significant amounts of unexplored plot isn't brushed over in the last like 3 episodes.

Quite frankly there are so many series that could've benefited from giving the writers and additional cour to work with.

I have never agreed with you more than at this moment.

Back