• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC: Atlantis Arising [M]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Skymin, why don't you just say who is who in the pic and where their characters are?
Looks amazing so far....I am doing my best to post!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'LL TELL YOU GUYS LATER... When I get closer done. ):

but yeah, thank you guys!

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I am going to take a guess and say Christian is second from the right with smoke coming from the hand. I could be wrong though XP. Looks fantastic by the way. Wish I had art talent like that :D

And nice Skyrim theme signature and avatar (thingie). I am running an Imperial barbarian-ish guy right now haha.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@Deep Impact.........hmmmmmmm the SU is good, the ability is borderline OP, so you are going to have to watch that. No, he won't be able to have true super strength, but enhancement to his level of strength depending on his Molecular State would be okay. If he can make himself strong enough to stop bullets, why would he need a bullet proof vest? I would guess that would come down to the amount of control he had over his ability; a safety fall back. Like you said, the history/personality fits someone in their later 20', early thirties, so you will need to change the history to better suit his age please. And in a week I doubted he would have enough control over his ability to scare the mafia (not that there is one in this version of London).

Overall, Pending for your review and editting. :)
Your thoughts Skymin?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I... Don't really like the power that much as that's what Natalia can do. Walk through walls. How does somebody find out they can do that in a week? An yeah, the history is too much for a 24 year old. You can't go from a high profile businessman to a private detective in like, 3-4 years.

One thing that irks me is the perceptive trait you gave him. That's all well and good, but it often gives roleplayers an excuse to see through purposely hidden emotions and motives and stuff. Oh, and he committed suicide, learned to go with the flow yet continously aims for the top? Doesn't... Make sense. It's almost as if you put it in there to invoke drama d:

So yeah, fix yo power, fix yo history. Remember, it's only been a week since the atlanteans revealed themselves.

And lol the mafia. Oh god please don't play that card. How does one even involve themselves or even find out about the mafia?!

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
@ DeepImpact Lol, the Mafia. The one problem with that is that the only people who really know what its like in the mafia are in the mafia. So how would you know how to write with your character being in the mafia? Unless you were in the mafia...... *SR pulls out a phone and calls 911*

Lol, anyways, got a new post up, nothing great, didn't have a whole lot to work with. Just a filler for now. Oh! And I added snow in Russia. Mostly cuz it snowed last night up here in Minnesota. Horay for snow!!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Sorry man, I've been trying to get some stuff on you but at the moment, Natalia's basically dragging you around lol

I'll see if you can get some more interaction next post!

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Lol, yeah. Thats fine. I like the new post as well. Very nice. I'll see if I can get a response to that up tonight, but have a paper I have kinda been putting off for a while thats due tomorrow, so......maybe.

Sorry about being innactive for a while, school just kicked me in the butt recently. The teachers are piling on homework before winter break, and I am struggling to keep up with papers and projects, much less an RP. Things should calm down pretty soon though, as in Friday. So I should be able to post then, although I am going to try to post earlier if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'll post as well on Thursday, once the rest of my Finals are over.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
IM JUST HERE... READY TO POST WHENEVER LOL

I think we need to find some more players again!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Wow, long post was long. So yeah, sorry for the late post guys, I have been working like 9-10 hour days this week, and got a lot more next week. So a lot has happened so far. Conjurer seems to have gone afk, so her character will be left open if she wishes to come back.

I guess that after this little hurdle of working hours, I should be posting more regularly, which means that the RP will probably progress slightly faster. I kinda want to get this RP finished so that I can bring out the sequel, there are so many plot twists and references between the two that I cannot wait until this has finished.

My next post once people have replied should bring more light to the AUP and Atlantean Royal Family as well as expanding more on the Syndicate. So are you really sure you are working for the 'good guys'!?!?!?!?

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Alright then, reserve me pleez. This RP's very popular, couldn't pass up the chance to be a part of it.

Name: Jason 'Wym' Weaver
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 150 lbs

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo:
free-tattoo-patterns-17.jpg
An assortment of spirals with spikes emerging from them. (See picture) Located on the back of Wym's hand.

Appearance:
Picture for reference:
Spoiler:

-Physical Appearance-

I'm basically your average grease monkey. I'm black, that much should be obvious, and I have grey, greasy hair that I keep in a messy state. I have green, piercing eyes, a gift from my mom, and thick, parted, gray eyebrows. I was born with grey hair, I didn't dye it. That would be emo. My mom always told me it was because I was 'born asleep' but of course there's a scientific explanation for it. Anyway, in addition to this, I always, I repeat, always, keep a nice little stubble shave under my chin, which strangely enough, grows black instead of grey. Although I think I prefer it that way. My build is fairly muscled, just right for the mechanic line of work. I can lift anything that needs liftin', my hands are just the right size to squeeze through those annoying gaps in cars, and it makes me pretty sturdy. Now, sure, I can withstand hits from almost anybody, but that doesn't mean I like to fight, man. I prefer to keep it cool. Anyway, I work out every day, to keep myself in shape, of course. If I lost my muscle, it would mean that I loose my cool. And if I lose my cool, I can't do nothin'. Although the one problem is, I should be doing my studies while I'm workin' out, yeah, that sucks. But I'd choose brawn over brains any day. I weigh about 150 lbs, give or take a pound, and I'm 6 foot high. Which is impressive considering my ancestry. Sure, I'm not very fast, and I tire very easily when I run, but I'm pretty sure my awesome sturdiness covers that.

-Clothing-

I wear two outfits, depending on where I am. I wear my work uniform, which is covered in grease, at work (duh) and my casual outfit just about anywhere else. At work, I wear an orange baseball cap with a my work's logo 'Donaldson Repairs' marked all over it. I wear a matching T-Shirt with that, which is covered in my sweat, and oil markings. It truly stinks. Like the cap, it's also orange and has the same logo on it. It sucks, but our boss Donald Donaldson (I know, so cliche) is very strict. I know what you're thinking, no, I do not wear a matching pair of pants. I just wear regular jeans, they're mine, and not work's. We can bring whatever legwear we like. These jeans I usually keep for work, because like the shirt, they're sweaty and covered in oil marks. That's all from working on cars. Yup. Oh yeah, I almost forgot my trusty tool belt, which has any and all tools I need on it. It's actually pretty high quality, since we're required to bring our own tool belts, I got mine from my dad, who also works at Donaldson's.

As for my regular outfit, I wear a black-and-green jacket. The top half is black, and the bottom half is green, a close match to my eyes. The jacket has a zipper, and two pockets along the bottom half, which are lined with black. Apparently it was a designer jacket, last on sale. My friend Marty got it for my birthday, very nice. Under my jacket, I wear my prized family necklace. An heirloom passed from generation to generation of Weavers. Given to each one when they turn eighteen. Frankly, I don't buy that a single necklace could have survived that long, probably been replaced with lookalikes many times, but I still love it, it reminds me of home. It's shaped like...actually, I'm not sure what it is. A lightning bolt or a leaf like the Canadian flag (Uh oh) but I do know that it's grey, like me. Anyways, under my jacket is just a plain white T-Shirt with a green neck collar. When I go to class, I usually bring my backpack too, which matches with my jacket and my gloves, which are fingerless with a green tightener.
For legwear, I finally wear something that doesn't match with the rest of my clothes: Just plain, old jeans, and sneakers. I don't really care much what I wear on the bottom half, since you gotta get real lucky to have someone look at it. Hahaha.

Personality:

-Good Qualities-

While I'd say just about every awesome thing you can think of on this, I'll be truthful about myself. I'm unorthodox by nature. That is, I like to add my own little changes to everything, to make it my own. For example, you show me a fighting move, I might change it slightly so it better suits me. Also, you might find me make funny faces a lot. I know my picture doesn't show it, but I wasn't allowed to smile then because it was a picture for my passport. And I frowned because, well, there's another thing about me, I'm a black-or-white kinda guy by heart. If I'm not smiling, I'm frowning. I just can't get anything in between. Even though it's not very apparent, you'll usually find me with the slightest of grins on my face when I'm feeling casual. Anyway, about the funny faces, yeah, for example, someone stares at me, I might either give a nice hearty smile at them if it's a regular stare, but if I see they're staring at me in any sort of negative way, I just pull a gross face (I love those). Sure, I'm unorthodox, but that's actually gotten me a pretty nice rep. Yeah, that's right, the people adore me. They call me 'something else' instead of weird. Although those who do call me weird usually add 'but in a good way' to their sentence. I think it's mostly because of my positive attitude towards people I don't know. If you're a stranger and you come up to me, I'll act nice at first. But I can adapt to any situation, and if you start going nasty, I'll follow. So careful. Like I said before, I'm a black and white kinda guy. You gotta respect me to be respected.

-Bad Qualities-

If it was up to me, I wouldn't write anything in this section, but again, I'm being truthful here. First things first, as mentioned earlier, I'm a black or white guy. That means also that when you're nasty towards me, I'll go nasty towards you. And I don't hold back. I still stick by my standards of no violence, what I'm talking about is emotional pain. When I get angry, I'm usually so harsh the person I hurt and his brother don't wanna ever see me again. That kinda sucks. I can't help it. Another thing, anger issues. Just like when I'm happy, when I'm angry, it's hard to let go. I just don't feel right unless I make the other person hurt. emotionally, not physically, that's against my standards. And I respect my standards as much as anything else.

-Likes-

I like to be respected, and I like peace. Respect is the main building block of peace. And Peace is a must-have in every friendship. If people don't respect me, I don't respect them, I already said that. But if people respect me, automatically do the same. See, I adapt. When there's respect, peace usually follows. Since if people respect each other (and me) then they wouldn't have a reason to squabble.

On a completely unrelated subject, I LOVE Chorba, a kind of soup that my mom made for me when I was little. I quickly caught up on the recipe, and I eat it every breakfast. I have no idea if it's healthy, and seriously, I don't care. It's awesome!

-Dislikes-

Disrespect and violence, the opposites of things I do like, are a no-no in my book. From violence, I stay far away. Disrespect I only lean to if the other person seems to disrespect me also. I call it the boomerang effect. With me, whatever you give me you get in return. And I don't mean materials, I mean attitude.

History:

-Birth & Childhood-

My childhood was a wiley one indeed. I was born in Queens, New York on December 11th. I was raised in a small neighborhood called Geyser for the first five years of my life. I don't remember much about Geyser, but from what my parents told me, it wasn't so great. The streets were littered with junk everywhere, the neighbors weren't exactly neighborly, and wild, vicious dogs ran around. So, it wasn't long before we moved to San Diego. San Diego was a paradise. My dad soon found a steady job at Donaldson's Repairs, and I was always wanting to join him. See, when I was little, I always had this crazy urge to make and fix things. And I was damn good at it too. My father was proud of me. Something not many six year olds could have said back then. I always admired dad, always. I wanted to be a mechanic just like him when I grew up. I went to a school called Park Village Elementary, and I know that's when my popularity with the public started to rise. All the way through elementary to middle, my classmates loved me. It was the good life.

-Teenager years-

High school was hard to get used to at first. People had to accept my unorthodox ways. My first year as a freshman was unorthodox in itself. The only guys who really liked me were, of course, the other freshmen who knew me from Park Village. In fact, I almost got in trouble with the school bully from grade eleven. And damn was he scary. He had crooked teeth, like he was a cannibal, a weirdo smell, like fish, and he was huge. Abnormally huge. (Again, cliche) I managed to avoid him, but some of my classmates were picked on, especially the weaker ones. Anyway, after that year, people started to appreciate my unorthodox ways. They even liked it. And my high school popularity began. My second year was bumpy, to say the least. What with the new gang of bullies, but I managed to avoid fights and attract popularity anyway, soon enough even the bullies came flocking. They wanted to make me part of their group, but I respectfully declined, and I was lucky to get away with my life, but they didn't bother me after that. Lucky. My third and fourth years went just plain awesome. My popularity grew and my enemies declined. Again, it was the easy life. Until my senior years, and prom. When that came up, my life started to get bumpy again. Why? The Atlanteans. And it happened all too soon.

-My Atlantean Tattoo-

My atlantean tattoo came to me at the WORST possible moment: Prom. Then and there, I was dancing with the girl of my dreams, Isabella Johnson, when all of a sudden: A pain on the back of my hand. I decided to ignore it at first, but then it got so bad I couldn't take it without saying something. I excused myself to the bathroom to check it out, and my hand started glowing. I cried out in pain, as a strange shape started forming on my hand. A swirly pattern. It took my a few moments to understand what was happening: An Atlantean Tattoo. I'd heard about the Atlanteans from the countless news reports. That people all over the world were getting these strange tattoos signifying that they are of a royal Atlantean heritage. How could I be of a heritage?! When the pain finally stopped, I opened my eyes to find two things: First, the mark on my hand. Second: Isabella. "How long have you bee standing there?" I remember asking. She just ran off. Probably going to tell the head master, I thought. I knew I had to get out of here, there was a window I could et through in the bathroom, it was rectangle shaped and high up. I jumped up to it, and tried to open it: It wouldn't budge. That's when I found out about my power: Ferrokinesis. I'll explain later, basically, it's the ability to control any kind of metal. The handle that wouldn't budge was made of metal, and my power opened it up, allowing my to escape.

Ability:

-Ferrokinesis-

Also called Transmutation or Alchemy. It is effecting Metal using the power of the mind. This ability is not to be confused with Magnetokinesis; Magnetokinesis allows manipulation of magnetic fields and magnetic metals; Ferrokinesis allows manipulation of all metals. It's quite a handy ability to have, but I feel like Magneto from X-Men because of it. Even though I'm assured it's not the same thing. Hah.
Time for a scientific background. Ferrokinesis can effect any and all metals, whether that metal is in your body or in the rock you're holding in your hand. I can bend and manipulate metal to do whatever I want. I can also subtract in from any other thing, while I can't control that thing, I can control the metal within it. Of course, I use the power of my mind to do this, since bending some aluminium foil with my hands isn't very special. But don't think all this is it. No, I can do much more. I can change metal's structure to make it more resistant to rust, I can fuse two metals, I can change one metal into another, I can even make them more resistant to magnetism. Finally, I also have the ability to stretch metal, and envelop myself in it, creating a sort of armor.

Note, without any metal my ability is useless. I always keep a bar of metal in my pocket. I can make any weapon out of this one little bar of Steel, in case I need it.

Writing Sample:

From Percy Jackson: War of the Gods.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Okay, so watch out, I seem to be in the mood of writing extremely long and somewhat important posts, Jeremy's is up, as well as a short look at the inner workings of The Syndicate. Michael's/Rivers shall be up tomorrow sometime.

Also, it seems that Conjurer has gone afk, so I will leave her character's line open incase she wishes to continue with us. Otherwise, Silver Rogue we should have something coming up for you soon.

Whymsical, that seems like and interesting tattoo, can't wait to see the rest of your SU.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Thanks. Since I won't be RPing on anything for the day, I decided to take time for this SU. I should have it finished today, sorry that I haven't done so yet.

Edit: Finished My SU. I attempted to make a whole SU in first person. Something original. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ichiro forgot to stick this in the first post; it's only been a week since the Atlanteans revealed themselves. DAMN ICHIRO!!

Silver rogue, natalias post is done!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Hey.

Yeah sorry about that, I thought I had mentioned it but turned out I hadn't. Oh well. So pretty much your SU was amazing, if you minus the college part of his history, you will be accepted into the Roleplay.

Welcome.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, I'm situated here in (fill in the blank) now, so I'll be hopefully making a posting sometime today.

I'll be gone from about the 31st to the 7th of January without internet, though, for your information.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Not a problem Supervegeta.

Well guys, things just went from bad to plain ****. Looks like there has been ANOTHER 3 earthquakes in my hometown today, a 5.9 then 5.5 and finally a 6.0 within 2-3 hours of each other. It's just as bad as the February 2011/September 2010 quakes earlier. So due to this, my work hours and the coming Christmas and New Years, I will quite possibly not be able to post until around mid January when I get back.

So for the time being, and so Skymin does not get overcome by the RP, it will be going on Hiatus until such a time as I can return and begin posting, again hopefully around mid January, although plans might change. This does not mean that the thread needs to be locked or is dead, just that it is, I guess, frozen in time? So yeah, hiatus.

I'm very sorry guys, but enjoy your holidays.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
No problem, dude. Stay safe, happy holidays. When you'll start it up again, I'll be here. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Take as long as you need guy. Yo' family needs you.

In the meantime guys, I'm ok with taking the roles of Ichiro's characters at the snail pace this RP moves at until he gets back. I know Veggie is travelling as well so we can't expect it to move too fast, not until Winter Break is over. But it's ok! Never fear, your mod is here!

Back