• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Blondeshipping? Can't think of many...

I was thinking Blondeshipping as well but I was also thinking of their status. Cynthia is the champion and Palmer is a battle frontier. So what would be a good shipping name with those two?

Cynthia x Palmer is HOT! (it's called EyeCandyShipping, by the way...fitting, right?) I fully support Barry being their son...it would explain is obvious epicness and raw talent as a trainer ;D

The only problem with that is don't we see Barry's mom in the games? In their house? I mean...unless Palmer switched out the babies when they were conveniently born on the same day...too much of a mind screw imo XD

I have always supported this but the game part he had a mother but could she really be Barry's mother? Palmer probably had went out with Cynthia but had left Cynthia because maybe she was too busy to be a parent so Palmer married another female? Although the game is different from the anime it could be possible.

Ohhh, and did anyone see this nice comic yet?

Spoiler:

It's so accurate, I may cry.

Oh wow that made me laugh a bit.

Also does anyone think that Bel is Barry's sister?

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
It's still cute. :3 Anyway, people ship Dawn with Cyrus. How old do you think he is?

Well people from One Piece ship Luffy with Hancock and she's way older than him, than again she has a creepy fan girl crush on him. Any who I must be thinking of some one else than that they ship N with, I see all kinds of fan art on this ship I'm thinking of, the name oh the name I can't think of it >>

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
AshPikastar said:

Surprised that no one has picked up on that yet. They both have similar traits, when I saw the B/W episode with her in it, she's as clumsy and quick-tempered as Barry is. Plus they wear matching colors.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Surprised that no one has picked up on that yet. They both have similar traits, when I saw the B/W episode with her in it, she's as clumsy and quick-tempered as Barry is. Plus they wear matching colors.

A lot of people I know on Youtube noticed it as well. I'm surprised that Bel doesn't remind Satoshi of Barry. It would be interesting to find out that they are twins.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I thought she seemed a lot like Barry when I first saw her (actually, I mistook the thumbnail of her as Barry, and was excited to see him...then disappointed when I realised it wasn't). It's much weirder that Bel even has a similar personality to him. I wonder if it was intentional. :S Did they like Barry that much? :S

I *love* Barry in this pic XD

Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I thought she seemed a lot like Barry when I first saw her (actually, I mistook the thumbnail of her as Barry, and was excited to see him...then disappointed when I realised it wasn't). It's much weirder that Bel even has a similar personality to him. I wonder if it was intentional. :S Did they like Barry that much? :S

I know how you feel. I felt the same way too when I at first thought it was Barry. Hopefully we'll see Barry in BW so that he can meet Bel. I would love to see Satoshi reaction when Barry tells them that they are related if he shows(If they are related that is) We all love Barry that much! Ok maybe some of us.

Spoiler:

-saves image- I found one image of Barry looking like Palmer when he was older. I can't get it right now since I'm using the school laptop and the site I found is blocked so that wouldn't help at all but that's a nice pic. I swear sometimes I think his hair look like cat ears >.>.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Suprisingly, I never really noticed it before, but wow. They do look a lot a like.

Spoiler:
I love that image, I just saved it. Lucas looks kawaii too. :3

Also, although I like the idea of Bel and Barry being siblings, I don't think matching personalities could count as a biological match. xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I know how you feel. I felt the same way too when I at first thought it was Barry. Hopefully we'll see Barry in BW so that he can meet Bel. I would love to see Satoshi reaction when Barry tells them that they are related if he shows(If they are related that is) We all love Barry that much! Ok maybe some of us.

I feel like hoping Barry and Bel will be brother and sister in the anime will only bring as much disappointment as Brandon being Paul's father D:

Don't worry, I feel that way, too 8D Barry has to be one of my favourite characters in the anime, and Paul x Barry has to just about be my favourite ship. That he never got his moment to crash into Paul makes me sad. I thought the whole thing with Barry fanboying Paul was just setting up the moment when they have their first encounter; Barry would go crashing into Paul making Paul go crazy and hate him instantly. It would've been hilarious. I'm disappointed.

-saves image- I found one image of Barry looking like Palmer when he was older. I can't get it right now since I'm using the school laptop and the site I found is blocked so that wouldn't help at all but that's a nice pic. I swear sometimes I think his hair look like cat ears >.>

Oh wow, I wanna see that pic XD

Oooh, I do actually have fanart of Jun and Bel together. They really do look like brother and sister o.O

Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

Suprisingly, I never really noticed it before, but wow. They do look a lot a like.

I love that image, I just saved it. Lucas looks kawaii too. :3

Also, although I like the idea of Bel and Barry being siblings, I don't think matching personalities could count as a biological match. xD

Lucas is adorable. Although the personality might not count but the way they look might count.

I feel like hoping Barry and Bel will be brother and sister in the anime will only bring as much disappointment as Brandon being Paul's father D:

Oh yeah I remember that thing about Brandon being Paul's father. It would have actually be pretty interesting if he was. Hopefully they'll put Barry in BW so that we can figure out the truth or maybe have Palmer come in and say something about it.

Don't worry, I feel that way, too 8D Barry has to be one of my favourite characters in the anime, and Paul x Barry has to just about be my favourite ship. That he never got his moment to crash into Paul makes me sad. I thought the whole thing with Barry fanboying Paul was just setting up the moment when they have their first encounter; Barry would go crashing into Paul making Paul go crazy and hate him instantly. It would've been hilarious. I'm disappointed.

I was hopping for Barry and Paul to have a nice long battle but Barry got knocked pretty easily which got me and my mother disappointed. Paul was being cheap there. Barry fanboying over Paul did make me laugh a bit. I think he was making Ash jealous.

Hopefully I can some how sneak on there and try to find that pic or maybe get away to trick the block site thing. I was able to get on the chatbox on another site when it's blocked. It works sometimes but other times it doesn't.

Oooh, I do actually have fanart of Jun and Bel together. They really do look like brother and sister o.O

Spoiler:

I found so many pic of these two. I swear I think they are brothers and sisters.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
You watch pokémon with your mum? She must be really cool...

Anyway, I really doubt they are brother and sister, even though it would be cool. Unovas supposed to be really far away too, the odds are pretty low.

How about some Jessie or James ships? How about Jessie x Butch and James x Cassidy.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Team Rocket ships? Meh. I always saw onesided Meowth/Giovanni... and I've been put off of Rocketshipping by Pokemonpolis.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

I've been home but I totally forgotten that you wanted to see that pic so here.

Spoiler:

To me it looks like Barry is Palmer as an adult. It's probably because he is wearing a similar jacket like him.

Now going back on topic. Rocketshipping isn't that bad. Cassidy and Butch is not as bad either and I agree for Meowth and Giovanni.

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
Years
I suppose this might count as a Shipping. I absolutely adore pairing Azelf(m) and Mew(f) together. X3 Anyone else?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I suppose this might count as a Shipping. I absolutely adore pairing Azelf(m) and Mew(f) together. X3 Anyone else?

Agh, but legendary Pokemon are genderless >__> </square>

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Shipping legendary Pokemon is pretty Odd to me. I guess it's because I'm so use to shipping with the trainers.

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
Years
Agh, but legendary Pokemon are genderless >__> </square>

I know, I used to hate it when people paired legends too. I suppose I just like that pairing because one of my friends forced me to write it all the time. ^^;

Shipping legendary Pokemon is pretty Odd to me. I guess it's because I'm so use to shipping with the trainers.

Not many other people ship legends. Maybe it's because I write fanfiction about the legendaries a lot. And I do ship humans, too. A lot of them. xD; Mosty PokeShipping and ContestShipping, but my favorites now are Keith/Kate (Ranger: Almia), and a triangle between Lucas/Dawn/Barry.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Ash won't be reminded by Bel that Barry acts just like her. Because the writers didn't want the main characters to remember their past. Gen V means a fresh new slate. Who was Dawn? Who was Paul? Who's Barry?

Instead, they're giving us "fresh" copies like Bel and Shooti (killtacular). Bel succeeds where Shooti (triple kill) is a failure.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Does AshxBel have a name yet? Not that I like it, just asking. xD

& So yeah.. Ash doesn't remember Gary. What the hell, writing staff. What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back