• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Watch out for Ghosts...

What's that noise... oh, sorry, hi. Let's chat. Say anything you want, anything at all, I like to talk about Pokémon... at least I think I do...? Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time there was a thread. This thread was a simple thread to chat about Pokémon in, just to chill back and have fun with friends, and we kept a counter going as we posted just to see how far we could get. Then they came... The more we spoke, the more things began to feel strange. People... changed, in that thread. One minute my friends would be acting completely normal, the next minute they'd change, they'd attack us, they'd scare us half to death. We began using the counter as a method of tracking their progress, trying to find the patterns they played by... We worked out that every time the counter hit 100, another of our friends would change into one of them. But when we reached 200... everything seemed ok again. Everything seemed cleansed. Other than the one unfortunate soul to still be counting... We only reached higher than that once, before the attacks came again - we thought we were in the clear, until I began to change myself. I'd hit 300. I started to twist, change... I never returned to how I used to be. I'm different, I'm changed. I scare myself sometimes, but I prefer to scare them instead... Sometimes I'll just shout "BOO!", and they all just have to start over again...

Now that you know my story, come count with me...

Becoming a Ghost

• If the counter reaches 100 on your post, you will turn into a Regular Ghost!
  • If the counter reaches 200 on your post, you will turn into a Super Ghost, and every other Ghost is cleansed and returns to being human.
  • If the counter reaches 300 on your post... good luck. You are now a Permanent Ghost, and you are immune to the cleansing at 200!
  • As a Ghost, you can post "BOO!" to scare the thread at any time, resetting the counter to 0.
  • Each type of Ghost has a limit to the number of times they can "BOO," and once they reach that limit, they will revert to being human! See the section below for more details.
  • Feel free to post which Pokémon you want to be when you become a Ghost, otherwise I'll randomly assign you one!

Ghosts & Their Powers

Each Ghost will have a "status" under their name. Every time they "BOO," a heart (♥) will appear next to their status. A status of "..." means that they have not BOO-ed yet! Also, the number of times that each Ghost can still "BOO" will be individually listed with their status.
  • Regular Ghosts (100) — can only "BOO" twice. They can only have up to one heart in their status. If they "BOO" while they have a heart (♥) in their status, they will revert to being a human again.
  • Super Ghosts (200) — can "BOO" three times. They can have up to two hearts in their status. If they "BOO" while they have two hearts (♥♥) in their status, they will revert to being a human again.
  • Permanent Ghosts (300) — can "BOO" up to four times. They can have up to three hearts in their status. If they "BOO" while they have three hearts (♥♥♥) in their status, they will revert to being a human again. In addition, they are unaffected by the "ghost cleansing" when the counter reaches 200!
(If you are already a ghost, and the counter reaches 100, 200, or 300 on your post, then the effect will stack! In other words, the appropriate number of "BOOs" will be added to the amount you have left. Even so, please be considerate and try to give other people a chance to become a Ghost as well!)

As the only Manipulator Ghost, I will be able to "BOO" whenever I see fit. However, I will only "BOO" strategically to keep the number of Ghosts under control.

Rules

• All Pokémon Trivia rules apply.
  • With every new post, increase the counter in the corner by 1.
  • If a Ghost says "BOO," the counter is reset to 0.
  • Upon reaching 300, the counter is automatically reset to 0.
  • This is a chit-chat thread, so feel free to be creative with conversation topics! You don't have to stick to a certain topic as long as the conversation flows normally.
  • Even though this is a chatting thread, all posts must be about Pokémon or Pokémon Trivia. Do NOT make number-only posts!
  • Try not to reset the count too much at first, we want a few ghosts to build up before the counts get more intense!
  • Have fun, or else!

Current Ghosts

"Epilogue"
541.png

"DyingWillFlareon"
710.png

BOOs Remaining: 1

"Guardian"
384.png

BOOs Remaining: 4

"Mewtwolover"
491.png

BOOs Remaining: 7

"LegendChu"
025.png

BOOs Remaining: 6

"Meyneth"
648.png

BOOs Remaining: 3

The Count Begins...

Alright, now let us begin the conversation!

So... has anyone here ever completed the PokéDex? What is your opinion on completing the Dex?

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
2 Pokedex completion {XD} thats funny i never get around to that not even for the shiny charm in BW

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

Yes I did complete the Pokedex in X. It took a lot of work (and trading) but it was a great feeling to receive the Diploma in X.

Now 'Stephanie' (My X Character) has a completed Dex and the Shiny Charm. However completing the Dex was a lot of effort and I will almost certainly never do it again. :)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
5 - I'm working on my living dex challenge now! I am at least 80% done; I can't wait to finish it and show it off!

Meadow

Years

Yes I did complete the Pokedex in X. It took a lot of work (and trading) but it was a great feeling to receive the Diploma in X.

Now 'Stephanie' (My X Character) has a completed Dex and the Shiny Charm. However completing the Dex was a lot of effort and I will almost certainly never do it again. :)

Nice job with that! Does the Shiny Charm make a "noticeable" difference when hunting for shinies? I've only heard its name once or twice, so I have no clue if it's worth the trouble haha.

I'm working on my living dex challenge now! I am at least 80% done; I can't wait to finish it and show it off!

Wow, for real? Cool! I could never do something like that, haha. It already takes enough dedication to complete the PokéDex the "easy" way (which I still haven't done yet), but it definitely sounds a lot more impressive to actually own every single species at the same time!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Wow, for real? Cool! I could never do something like that, haha. It already takes enough dedication to complete the PokéDex the "easy" way (which I still haven't done yet), but it definitely sounds a lot more impressive to actually own every single species at the same time!

Yea! Wait till you hear that every single Pokemon was caught in the region they were introduced in. It's going to be epic! :D

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
7.[/B

Nice job with that! Does the Shiny Charm make a "noticeable" difference when hunting for shinies? I've only heard its name once or twice, so I have no clue if it's worth the trouble haha.

Thank you. :) The Shiny Charm does not seem to have any real difference on Shiny encounters. I have only two 'random' shinies (Flabebe, Gulpin) since I got it. It is said to be good for Horde Shiny Hunting however.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Thank you. :) The Shiny Charm does not seem to have any real difference on Shiny encounters. I have only two 'random' shinies (Flabebe, Gulpin) since I got it. It is said to be good for Horde Shiny Hunting however.

That's two more random shinies than me! :D

Meadow

Years

The only random shiny I've ever caught was a Sunkern in HeartGold, which I evolved to a Sunflora! Other than that, all of my shinies are either traded or non-random (including a certain Gyarados). xD

Years
11 the thread just started and ninjad already, tradition I guess lol

Never completed it.
1. A bit lazy.
2. I am doing a marathon so I keep moving on to another Pokemon games since I had them ready for 2 years now.
3. I cant get legends, especially the event ones :/

Will try completing it in Soul Silver/Platinum/White. Later even the earlier versions.
I was actually considering completing the Yellow one, since you can get any Pokemon including Mew, who I got already :D

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
14 I agree! The introduction of WiFi to main series Pokemon games was tremendous in bringing people together around the globe. I'm glad they contribute to improve it with each iteration.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
14 15
I got all the legendaries and a good sum of shinies but for some reason it feels like it takes so loooooooooooooooooong to finish! Of coarse it might be simpler to finish the dex before the dex number gets above 800

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
14 15
I got all the legendaries and a good sum of shinies but for some reason it feels like it takes so loooooooooooooooooong to finish! Of coarse it might be simpler to finish the dex before the dex number gets above 800

I'm hoping to have mine done by then, or at the very least before Gen 7 comes around. 720 is tough enough!

Killua

19 shiny living dex? Goddamit how can one do that? It is harder than finding the one piece!!! If you do it you are oficially god

d

I can't even remember the last time I used wireless connection in the games

Meadow

Years
20. (Fixed, I think!)

I've got a complete living Dex so am working on a shiny living Dex. It's cool to have a project on the go!

Holy cow, completing a shiny living Dex is probably like the ultimate accomplishment for any Pokémon player, haha. I'll be blown out the window (read: impressed) if you manage to reach your goal! Good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back