• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I was fairly certain I hadn't. I used the free space finder to make sure. The main one was written to E3CF64

Well everything should be working fine if you did, in fact, compile your script to that address. Are you sure that it's the script that's causing the problem? Have you made any other changes to your ROM since it was last working fine?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2010
Well everything should be working fine if you did, in fact, compile your script to that address. Are you sure that it's the script that's causing the problem? Have you made any other changes to your ROM since it was last working fine?

No, the script is the only change.

I did add a person to a map, and gave it the script, but after adding the person, I tested the ROM before adding the script. As soon as it was compiled, I got the white screen.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
OK, so I have all I need but the raw file for groudon, if anyone knows or can help me find out what it is on unLZ.GBA then I think I can finish it off. Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: Finally after at least 12 hours of looking, researching, and even more paitience then I ever knew I had, I have found it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2010
Could you post the entire script here please?

Here it is, with dynamics deleted.

Spoiler:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Here it is, with dynamics deleted.

Spoiler:

The problem, as I see it, is that when you use "#org 0xXXXXXX", it tells XSE to compile that portion of the script to that address. So when you put "#org 0x000000", it places that part of the script at the address 0x000000 which, as you might imagine, overwrites some pretty crucial data seeing how it's the first address in the ROM. Instead of "#org 0xXXXXXX" and "goto 0xXXXXXX", I would recommend using something like "#org @script" and "goto @script". Also, the address 0x800000 is free space in Fire Red & Leaf Green but not in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald.

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Do you know how to turn an image (.gif or .jpg or .png) like this
View attachment 54206
into hexcode like this
(hexcode of compressed image of "bulbasaur")
Spoiler:

I found a program written in C that decompress front&back pics from pokemon red
Spoiler:
but i need to know the reverse process (i.e. compressing).

Anyone can help me? Thanks

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
I don't know if the graphics are compressed or uncompressed, but if they're uncompressed, you could use the same method as what this tutorial does.
I really appreciate that you're helping me, but that didn't work either. D: I feel kinda doomed right now.. Any ways I can transfer all my data from this rom to another? It would be best to fix my current problem, but that seems too hard.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Question about HG/SS...

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place but I'm still asking, because the search function didn't really help to solve my problem.

I want to change the items the Pokemarts in Celadon City and/or Goldenrod City are selling. I couldn't find any tool working with HG/SS, and that's why I wanted to ask:

Is there any other way to change the Items they're selling in these stores?

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2010
The problem, as I see it, is that when you use "#org 0xXXXXXX", it tells XSE to compile that portion of the script to that address. So when you put "#org 0x000000", it places that part of the script at the address 0x000000 which, as you might imagine, overwrites some pretty crucial data seeing how it's the first address in the ROM. Instead of "#org 0xXXXXXX" and "goto 0xXXXXXX", I would recommend using something like "#org @script" and "goto @script". Also, the address 0x800000 is free space in Fire Red & Leaf Green but not in Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald.

Thanks, I didn't know that 800000 wasn't blanks space in Emerald. I haven't been using that though. I look up free space in the free space finder and change it to that. Same with the "000000" I look up what's free, then I change it to the proper address in the code.

I'm truly stumped.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Does anyone know a way to have a palette that is inserted to free space used by just one pokemon?
picture.php

The palette is in the upper left corner, I didnt't know if it was needed or not but I put it there incase someone needed to see it.
If it is possible I want just one Sneasel in the whole game to use that palette, but if it isn't possible it will be fine too. Thanks ahead of time.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Does anybody know a script or a command to continue a script after losing a wild battle? I know that trainerbattle 0x3 will work for a trainer battle, but is there a similiar command for wild pokemon? It's very important XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back