• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legitimacy of Pokemon Obtained With...

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I am curious, because I had a discussion with my roommate, what is the legitimacy of using Powersaves to make a save backup and use the restore feature to obtain all the starters? Are these starters considered legitimate? Or is the process of going through the intro scene necessary? I am looking to start creating a Living Dex without trading for Pokemon that have been obtained by other people.

pkmin3033

It really does depend on what you consider "legitimate" honestly. Some people will shrug and tell you it's fine as long as the Pokemon could be obtained in the game - i.e. they don't have impossible stats or movesets - and you're only doing it on your own personal save. Other people will want to string you up by your ankles and light a bonfire under your head. If you're OK with using Powersaves, there's absolutely nothing to say that you can't do this or that what you're doing is morally objectionable: your game, your rules, your standards.

Personally, I think it's fine - there's nothing wrong with it, because Game Freak have orchestrated this so that it's impossible to do by yourself unless you were lucky enough to catch the event-only Legendaries the first time around and are prepared to buy multiple consoles and multiple games. As long as you keep the Pokemon within the realms of possibility (i.e. don't give a Bulbasaur Flamethrower) there's no reason why you shouldn't fill in the gaps you can't fill in otherwise, or as many as you would like to. Play as your conscience dictates and how you will gain the most enjoyment, and not how other people tell you the game should be played.

Back