• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When was the last time you played a Pokémon game?

Years
Some of us haven't played for a while as we await the release of SwSh, while others are more active. Spinoffs included, when was the last time you played a game?

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
Like... 2 days ago. I'm pretty much always doing something Pokemon related, and as such I usually find myself playing one of the main series games, spinoffs, or Pokemon GO at least every few days. I'm ah... kinda addicted to the franchise, methinks.

Years
I played Masters for a bit a few days ago... but main series-wise, not for a few months. =( I stopped breeding for a shiny Cutiefly before it was revealed to be in Galar since I was worried it wouldn't make it. Super happy now that I know it's in but been distracted with other games to keep the breed going lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I played Pokemon Black2 the other day, trying to get all the TMs that I was missing, but the World Tournament is extremely difficult, so I've taken a break for the weekend. But I play Pokemon regularly, I play Pokemon Go every day on its own, so yeah.

Years
two months ago, if we're not counting mobile titles. i log into masters daily to get login bonuses but that's about it, so i don't count it much, anymore. i rarely play USUM these days... only when im really in the mood here and there. .___.

can't wait until swsh tbh lol

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
I haven't played a Pokemon game for three or four months, the last game I played in the main series was Pokemon Ruby. I remember beating Winona (and being really surprised that her Altaria had Earthquake, it was a challenge to beat) I've been doing Pokemon related things, such as editing my ROM Hack in various areas, but other than that, I haven't really played any Pokemon, which is odd, since I'm usually always playing it. Other than that, I've been waiting for Sword and Shield to get back into competitive. Whilst I wait for that, I've been playing other games, like Dragon Quest 11 S and EarthBound.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I stopped when I very frustratingly couldn't find a DAMN SHINY AUDINO WHY WHY CAN'T I JUST GET ONE WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I stopped halfway replaying UM with starter as a rowlet.. I guess I bored easily?

Years
Downloaded Silver cause i'm OBSESSED with Johto now. Basically, I just wanted Silver to get Lugia though. It's basically a "joke" file compared to Crystal so I named my Totodile "Oscar" idk why. That was last night. Got to Violet City (the town with the 1st gym leader I forgot the name lol). That was last night/this morning.

Funny how the tide turns. I was turned off from the original 2nd gen originally because of the music, and now, I can't get enough of gen 2.

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Yesterday. Going through a nuzlocke of Omega Ruby without healing in Pokemon centers. Lalalala, that's all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Playing through White for the 2nd time, but it's with a younger family member so it's fun.

Years
The last time I was seriously into a game was maybe March when I was going through Ultra Moon again? I said I was going to finish up Let's Go Eevee at some point before SwSh came out, but it's looking less and less likely as November gets closer.

Unless we're counting mobile games, in which case I still play GO pretty much every other day.

Years
Been a few months for me. I usually play quite regularly but I decided to deliberately take a break until SwSh, so it's more "new" when I play it. xD

SirDeoxys

Deoxys in a suit
Years
I actually haven't played one in about a month or so, the last one I played being Alpha Sapphire, actually.
I like to pop in there now and again and train my oversaturated amount of Deoxyses and check out secret bases.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I'm doing a randomised Emerald nuzlocke alongside a regular UM playthrough at the moment to keep myself occupied until release day.

Years
A few days ago I decided to continue with my first play through of gen 3 remakes (Omega Ruby in my case, I just prefer team Magma).
Have a shiny Gardevoir and Milotic on my team which I'm very happy about! c:

I do play PMD red rescue team regularly, and I also play GO every day on my way to school. Don't know if it counts, but I guess I also play my own ROM whenever I'm testing it for bugs ^^; either way, I never go too long without playing any pokemon games. Even tried getting a little into competitive on pokemon showdown recently.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I played a bit of Moon when I woke up today, as well as before bed last night. I've played White 2 before bed a bunch over the past week or so, as I realized that I never finished my file and thought it would be fun to dive back into it.

For whatever reason, I've found that playing certain franchises before bed helps me fall asleep. Otherwise, my mind wanders for ages. The main series that fall into those categories are turn-based RPGs (mostly Pokémon) and Animal Crossing. I've been playing a lot of ACNL since I started a new town in May, but I've still been trying to fit in some Pokémon fairly regularly. So I rarely go more than a week without playing a Pokémon game.

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
Years
Oooh... last time I played was when I finished Let's Go Eevee, which was a few months ago now I'm pretty sure. Haven't been in a Pokemon mood in a bit, outside of watching competitive stuff. Though I'll be back into it once I get my hands on Sword/Shield for sure. ^^

Back