• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Should Korrina of been more than what she was portrayed?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Korrina is a gym leader who act's more rival like than past gym leaders, and just seem's so promising as a character overall. She battle's you several times early on and then after the gym and her giving the mega ring it just....ends.

Do you feel they could of done more with her? Maybe even made her a champion? Or more of a lasting rival through the game, even after her battle? Or just gave her more lines overall?

She's a big favorite character of mine so it's kind of hard on me that they didn't do more than they did.

Also, she even seemed pretty hyped in the anime, and a promising rival for Ash. And it ended all so....fast to me.

blue

gucci
Years
She has more of a prominent role in the storyline than Diantha so I would've preferred her as a Champion tbh. Korrina even got her own unique gym leader music so I'd definitely say she is more relevant to the storyline than most characters.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
She has a great personality too. She seems so cheerful, even though it seems so much is expected of her. It would of been interesting to see where they could of went with that.

Its possable, though, she could of ended up with an overly dark back story, too, though, with hints of how Gurkken raised her in the anime (...like making her train in short sleeves in the freezing cold of winter o_o;;; ).

I agree she would of made the best kalos champion. That really feels like how her character was more set up.

She's not like other gym leaders :) She's like a real character in the game, not just someone you 'win a badge' from.

EDIT: I suppose, though, the way they did her character give's off cuteness and simplicity, rather than another deep character like N. That in itself is refreshing and good dream fuel. Well, in the games, anyways. The anime....yeah, her arc does get a little darker and scarier. But theres still that cuteness that I admit may of gotten destroyed if they more 'over worked' her character xD ....plus the mysteriousness just makes her more kawaii to a fan girl like me :D

Still, I can't help but wonder anyways. She's quite the prodigy.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ohhh absolutely. She definitely deserved the champion status (she gave me a kind of Iris vibe). With that said though if we are having a third game (someday lol) she will be the champ... hopefully.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
As a Champion No. Her character was annoying and I did not enjoy being forced to use a Mega Lucario in the 'successor' battle. It's not like Lucario needed any more spotlight. A Fighting type Champion could have been a good idea in Gen 5 with Marshal with his links to Alder but it felt that the developers really wanted to force people to notice Korrina which was ridiculous for a third Gym Leader when every other Gym Leader got next to no development.

As a rival maybe but XY had too many rivals as it was.

Korrina could have worked as a last Gym Leader instead of Wulfric if her character was less annoying. Her team could have been Machamp, Lucario, Pangoro and her main Pokemon Hawlucha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Didn't like how Korrina handed us her free Lucario with its mega stone like candy. Other than that sure if she was written well I wouldn't mind her playing a bigger role. Can't see her as a champ though, as a rival probably, she's pretty young compared to other gym leaders.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh yeah the free Lucario was cool but kind of sucked at the same time? It made Mega Stones seem cheap & made her "bond" with her Pokemon mean less. :/

Last edited:
Years
When the anime did a better job portraying her than the games did, you know something's up.

I wouldn't have minded her — or the other gym leaders — being more involved in the story, though.

Back