• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] BEYOND ooc

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
aw thank you!! & haha yeah thats fair i was going to have DeAndre and Galen putting together a proper training arena and doing that but i abandoned that cause it didn't flow as well

im also thinking of sorley developing aura into astral projection way down the line? i think that fits especially well if i make them a ghost trainer

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
In terms of aura, I haven't really had Martin think about it, like I didn't even have them mention it in the intro post. What I'm thinking is having him develop the ability to mentally speak with a couple of Pokemon that I think will develop the best relationship with him as the journey continues, help finally fill that void of not many friends

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
so

Elise: sixth sense/intuition
Sorley: astral projection
Paige: pokemorph or using pokemon moves at least maybe
Martin: communicate with pokemon

pretty cool uses and interpretations of aura to develop eventually in the RP!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
im thinking sorley's will come pretty late though. idk at this point; i might have them learn about a bunch of different types of aura connections and such along the way before they figure out their power is astral projection?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
For aura, I'm thinking Serene can heal pokemon with powers? Kind of like:

latest

Won't interfere with battling though - its more for before and after battles.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
For Paige and Serene- are they going to have a hard time developing these powers? They could become very powerful, but those are super potent to have. I know Sorley's going to have significant trouble with their projection as they start off.

Years
I don't have a plan for Elise's powers, as far as when they develop. She doesn't think about it, because her current abilities aren't very strong, and she thinks like "I thought everybody could do that.", so she doesn't even know she has powers to develop.

Since her powers are basically "see how they're feeling" and "understand what they're saying", I'm thinking she has some kind of Empathy abilities? We'll see what comes out of that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
For Paige and Serene- are they going to have a hard time developing these powers? They could become very powerful, but those are super potent to have. I know Sorley's going to have significant trouble with their projection as they start off.
Paige isn't going to be channeling pok?mon moves any time soon. I'm thinking, when she's got a team she's really bonded with, she might start being able to use one move from each of them herself. Haven't quite figured out how or what yet, but we'll get there. Not yet for a few towns, at the very minimum haha.

Curious, exactly what do you mean by astral projection?

For aura, I'm thinking Serene can heal pokemon with powers? Kind of like:

latest

Won't interfere with battling though - its more for before and after battles.
That is practically a canon way of using aura! It sure works for us at least haha. But yeah, perhaps she could only do it by touch, and by focusing hard, so she certainly can't do it in the heat of battle.

I don't have a plan for Elise's powers, as far as when they develop. She doesn't think about it, because her current abilities aren't very strong, and she thinks like "I thought everybody could do that.", so she doesn't even know she has powers to develop.

Since her powers are basically "see how they're feeling" and "understand what they're saying", I'm thinking she has some kind of Empathy abilities? We'll see what comes out of that.
Will be interesting to develop, indeed. Aura can probably in general let humans and pok?mon understand and sense each other better. The way I'm thinking about it is that pok?mon are beings of matter that are more easily converted into energy than humans and other things in the world around us are. That's how they can be "programmed" by pok?dexes to learn new moves and keep in memory how to use moves they don't practice often, as well as fit inside of pok?balls as energy or even digitally on a computer server. Game canon says that pok?mon and humans were once one and the same. In our story here, humans grew less in tune with their energy side (their soul/aura) while pok?mon grew even more so, fully embracing the aura.

So, humans are beings of matter, with difficulties accessing their hidden soul, while pok?mon basically are matter and energy, body and soul, merged. Humans who learn to reach over to the spiritual side, can use the aura and connect with pok?mon or learn things similar to what pok?mon can achieve in terms of powers and skills. Martin learns to channel the energy freely between himself and his pok?mon in a way that lets them understand each other, Elise learns to sense or affect emotions, Serene channels the energy to re-build their matter, Paige wants to be a pok?mon herself so gets inspired by them and channels her aura to use their very moves... etc.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah I think Sorley's projection is like... learning to take their aura/energy/soul and displace it a ways from their body. It's a very spirit-y, ghost-like thing, I think, since most ghosts are basically souls inhabiting other things. Kind of uhh, Pok?mon Tower in the anime? But Sorley learns to use it in order to almost step back, take a look at the big picture, observe instead of rush into things. It's almost opposite of where they are now in personality, but it's naturally how their aura wants to develop. Endgame would probably be inhabiting inanimate objects/other bodies, "Borrowing" to use Discworld terms, but that's like. YEARS away.

but yeah it's basically just taking the energy that is their soul and moving it somewhere

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Honestly, I couldn't think of a way for Damien to use his aura other than being able to communicate with his Pok?mon. Also, I was thinking he could use some moves, but no damage dealing moves?

Maybe Ghost type moves, due to his ties to Lavender Town? Something available WAY later in the rp.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
the IC area Route 14/13 still says March 15 lol but we extended it to 2 weeks so let's say I put up the new area tomorrow (Route 12, with Lavender town coming in yet another couple of weeks then) if anybody is interested in moving on?

AlphaLuxray has dropped the RP, sadly (bawww, I was looking forward to interacting with Chris).

And Dragon has some troubles so I assume he will not post this week. Possibly, Serene will start from Fuchsia City on April 29 IC, while the rest of us are around Rose Village. Perhaps we can work something out regarding levels/wild pok?mon, if Dragon badly wants to start in Rose Village on the 29th instead. But anna's Sorley isn't far ahead haha so perhaps the two of them can catch up quick enough.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i'll be posting apr 27 part 2 shortly oops im on vacation lolol im almost ready to move on

but yeah sorley and serene can catch up real quick if need be, especially since we have up to seven actions now? easy peasy. unless serene actually wants pokemon. i think levels would be easy enough to alter if shawn wants to say that serene has been in rose village for a while or smthn. i mean thats what i was gonna propose until you said i could start at fuschia.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
March 19: I'll put Route 12 up tomorrow!
March 20: *tumbleweed*
March 22: I'll put Route 12 up tomorrow!
March 23...

Haha I will! I will. Some people are only recently entering Route 14 though. IC, I suppose we'll interpret that as them taking their time and going a bit slower than others. Nothing wrong with that at all - IC days are there just to denote that. So when April 28 dawns IC, Paige and a few others will wake up on Route 13, while others wake up in other routes.

For now, anna's updates have been noted and implemented, Sorley's such a nice person haha. Elise's actions are noted too! Such a cute team they are c:

How did you guys feel about the leveling suggestions made in the chat? Let me dig... ah yes. Something like this?

- training / wild mon battle: +1 lv for each of your training or battling pokemon (basically write anything about practicing or battling wild mons and all your mons involved will get a level. easy writing, easy levels)

- if the wild pokémon in your current area are more than 10 levels below, your pokémon will not gain levels from battling them, nor can they earn levels from training in that area. Bring your strong mons to dangerous areas to train!

- npc battle: +2 levels for each mon (can be done briefly or detailed, whichever you prefer)

- player battle / gym battle: +4 levels for each mon (I'm probably not going to let you do these battles uber briefly ;D I love reading player vs player battles (and gyms should be an effort to write)!) <- or should this be 3 levels? 4? 3? 8934?

We could just keep going with the system we've used so far until we feel like it's starting to seem imbalanced though haha.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
aww <3 yeah sorley is nice but i hope im not writing them TOO nice? they have good intentions but are a little chaotic. that will probably come out more when interacting w people they don't know l8r

the revised leveling system seems legit! it's not retroactive tho is it? that would be pretty complicated to go back into.

also rika i love that guy creepin on paige like. its not a fun situation to be in but it was so funny the way you wrote it!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I'm cool with the level changes and I'd say +4 for the player/gym battles, to reward the extra work for the post in comparison to what the other posts demand

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The deal with giving out a set number of levels per battle rather than a set number per pok?mon participating was so that'd it be easier to grow few pok?mon than many, just like in the games. +4 levels per pok?mon for a battle is quite a lot, after all. But it might be more enjoyable for us if it's easy to grow mons regardless if you like having many or few? And our main mission here is to have fun (:

Back