• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] In Early Stages: Complete Pokemon Proto Gold/Silver

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Hey all, Bowlstir here!

With the recent Pokemon Prototype Gold/Silver News, here, I have created an idea and I wanted to see how you guys felt about it.

So I have been working on a Pokemon Gold/Silver style game in a custom Essentials version that is described by the legendary author, COMBOY, as, a "highly modified version of Pokémon Essentials v13 offers possibilities of making a Pokémon fangame based on the Generation 2 main games (Gold, Silver and Crystal), post Gen 2 features are also included like the Pokémon abilities and natures."

Go check out this cool project, here!

So! The plan is to incorporate every prototype sprite + unreleased Pokemon into the game. I don't want to follow how the Prototype demo plays out though. I want it to be a whole new region with the Proto Pokemon, if that makes sense.

Now, the progress of the game right now is consisted of all new maps, I wanted to have 1 new region, and one mini-Kanto Region: 4 Quests via a cool questing system, 7 Trainers, 4 Areas, 1 Location event, and, finally, 1 Gym leader.

I am planning to release a 2 Gym Beta Version of the game next month! Ahhh, I know. I haven't been this excited since I release Cosmos, what, 4 YEARS AGO?! I'm old. Shut up me.

ANYWHO,,

YES! - I completed cosmos! 6 badges, weird creepy ending, all that jazz.

NO! - I don't want to release it.

WHY? - tdlr; it sucked. It was my first game, my first child. And i didn't know how to take care of it. Well, I loved scripting the events and storyline. But man, the maps were bad, and the overall pace of the game suuuuckddd.

Conclusion!
In the end, I'm wondering your opinion about this new style of Proto Gold/Silver. What do you expect? What do you like about GSC? Do you have some free time to help with graphical things? ;) Nah im kidding. BUT if you'd like to get involved in anyway send me a private message. I respond to every message I get.

Also, tell my why Dunsparce is your favorite Pokemon.

Thanks for the read, peace - Jeff

Last edited:
Back