• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV shows that you dropped.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Any tv show you stopped watching for whatever reason?

I dropped TWD and CW Flash because both were declining in quality. CW shows in general are full of filler and drama.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Bar Rescue.

Taffer is always entertaining and admirable, but you always start noticing a pattern each time before long and before long each weekly episode just becomes a chore to get through. I was done.

Bay

Years
I sorta dropped Agents of Shield because I was mixed over the fourth season's second arc and then fifth season's plot I sorta don't care much.

(I say sorta as I would have the TV on the background when the show is on, but I would miss out what happens and I didn't bother to go back rewatching the episodes).

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Survivor: Too repetitive

America's Got Talent: When Piers Morgan left, I went with him. The addition of Simon Cowell didn't bring me back. The damn show needs a god damn age limit. Anyone under the age of 18 is not deserving of $1 million. I got sick of it not having an age limit so I quit.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: FUCKING DUMPSTER FIRE AND TOXIC FANDOM. TOO MUCH UNNECESSARY, HALF-ASSED, HALF-THOUGHT OUT AND HORRID REDEMPTIONS THAT AREN'T REDEMPTIONS AT ALL.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hannibal, although this one wasn't dumpster fire; I didn't have time to keep up.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I rarely drop television shows, and usually when I do, it's either because of terrible scheduling or because I'm just too lazy to finish it (which is especially true with anime). Here's a few I have dropped though:

- Naruto: Too much filler episodes, which led me to following the manga instead
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Lost interest after Season 5 ended, now consider myself a former Brony.
- Agents of Shield: Didn't find the series too great in the first season, though I heard it gets better afterwards
- Steven Universe and Rick and Morty: Terrible fanbases made the shows harder to watch. The former was also due to my parents not liking the show because it had LGBT characters and they didn't get the appeal, while the latter I felt dropped in quality in it's third season, save for a few episodes here and there I found enjoyable.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I was watching some older shows from the 1950's and 60's, and after finishing a couple different series, I tried the Andy Griffith Show. It was really boring, and I dropped it after about 4 episodes. The humor wasn't funny to me, and none of the characters were that interesting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Walking Dead and Agents of Shield. They have been so boring and unwatchable. Especially.....ehhhhhhh I won't spoil it for those that haven't watched TWD...because they killed off my favorite character, and I was NOT HAPPY.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Gotta join TWD group, a show with such high potential just became so repetitive and the drama was just not as interesting as time went on.

I couldn't finish Naruto, Shippuden just didn't do it for me in the beginning and I couldn't get past Sai's intro arc.

I made it through like 2 seasons of Breaking Bad, and maybe 5 of Game of Thrones, I want to finish both but I just haven't been motivated to turn either on.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I dropped Game of Thrones after 4 seasons, as well as Brooklyn Nine-Nine and many others back in 2016. It was a case of lacking motivation to watch more than anything.

and also, naruto.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
13 Reasons Why. I was expecting it to be one of those bingeworthy Netflix originals the way people were going on about it, but it ended up being so underwhelming.

Last edited:

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
Do cartoons count? I've forgotten to keep watching quite many cartoon shows but especially Steven Universe. At some point I just kind of lost interest but recently I've been thinking about continuing it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
This reminds me--Riverdale is another one. I was expecting a little more judging from its cartoon counterpart.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Do cartoons count? I've forgotten to keep watching quite many cartoon shows but especially Steven Universe. At some point I just kind of lost interest but recently I've been thinking about continuing it.

Yeah cartoons count, they're tv shows by definition.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I had stopped watching Star vs. the Forces of Evil due to the show losing it's appeal by becoming darker than it should be.

It didn't help that it wasted potential of some great characters (or potentially good ones) like Jackie Lynn Thomas, Rasticore, Marco's parents, and most egrigously; Toffee.

While I commend the risk to discuss racism; it falls flat by focusing only on the monsters, as opposed to focusing on Marco and his family, who are Hispanics.

The show also loves to prolong the "Will they, won't they?" trope regarding Star and Marco's relationship, like many Disney shows in the past.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I dropped Arrow. It?s become too dragged out with 7 seasons. I think the story has gone as far as it could.

Back