• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I finally saw Incredibles 2! I was a bit worried when I read about the plot but it was great.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I came across Coco while browsing Netflix and gave it a watch. It was beautifully done - everything from the scenery to the characters. Loved it!

Years

The Prophecy starring Elias Koteas, co-starring Virginia Madsen and with Christopher Walken. The concept is rather intruiging, mysterious murders occur arround town, and a missing twenty-third chapter of Revelations is uncovered foretelling of a second war in heaven, a war incited by jealous angels who will not humble themselves and serve humans.

However, as interesting as it is I think the plot and character motivations could have used continued development. Christopher Walken is the arc angel Gabriel who has come to earth looking for a dark human soul to recruit in his army to turn the battle. Gabriel endearingly doesn't know how to drive a car upon his arrival because he has lived most of his life in heaven, yet he knows enough about the human world to dress himself like a giggolo and sport a thick Bronx accent, its just delicious really! Leaps of logic like that :)

Its witty and entertaining, but does require some suspension of disbelief here and there. An angel of death who savagely rips out hearts and commands legions with his divine powers, capable of destroying buildings by simply playing his trumpet, can be knocked to the the floor by a human school teacher hurling a lampshade at him? So, its crazy, but if you can overlook a plothole or two than its a pretty fun movie too. I love the dialogue.
I will leave you with a conversation between the corononer and detective when an angel's dead body is found.

Coroner: Our pal here is a hermaphodite. Ohh! He's got both male and female sex organs.

Officer: Think of the possibilities!

Coroner: Yeah! He could be impotent and frigid at the same time-- they don't normally work XD

What makes it worthwhile are the several strong stage presences gathered together for thid film, including a young Viggo Mortensen who steals the show playing the devil himself. My favorite performance has got to be Eric Stoltz though as the wise, forlorn angel Simon.

My final judgment? Meh, something entertaining to watch on a Friday night! Viggo put it best, "Leave the light on, Thomas."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The Meg

It was good. Not great, but good. My biggest problem with it is that it dragged on. There were a few times I felt the movie was about to end but kept going.

pkmin3033

DC should stick to making animated movies. They make better superhero movies than the MCU and significantly better than the godawful DCU. This was basically twenty minutes or so of setup and then forty minutes of Doomsday beating the crap out of the Justice League. This felt like a very late 90s/early 00s extended episode of a DC cartoon. Looking forward to Part 2 next year and I really hope they can keep this up...

...also, that they adapt Superman: Red Son into a movie.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Beginning of 'Finding Dory'.

And I didn't like it D: Felt like poor dory's condition was being poked fun of and stuff.....so I stopped watching like after 10 minutes or so. Mostly the intro was cute with baby Dory and all though.

And they didn't make her seem 'dumb' or 'funny' yet for having short term memory loss as a little kid. *sigh* Poor Dory...T____T I did hear from my brother the film had a good ending though. Still didn't like what I ended up seeing though.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

What do I say about this...I expected more/better, honestly. Dimension duelling was just...horribly, horribly stupid. It reminded me of Duelist Kingdom, and that's not an experience I really cared to remember. Kaiba's duel against Yugi was fantastic and I really wish they'd let it play out - I wanna know if Yugi was going to win or if Kaiba's face down card was going to turn it around, damnit! - but that was honestly the only part of it I can say I unequivocally enjoyed.

It had a pretty damned flimsy premise, and I swear that they'd been watching the Abridged Series for character references, because Kaiba's ego was significantly larger than previous (hilariously so, in fact) and CGI is always bad, but...eh. I've seen worse movies...like the other two YGO movies.

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
Lost in translation of Sofia Coppola.

If you have never seen that movie, well DON'T WATCH IT!

I have lost almost two hours of my life, the scenario is ...well there is no script so ^^. It could have been ended in 20 minutes. That's one of the worst movie i've ever seen, and i still don't know why i watched it completely!

Just before i've watched "Your name" by Makoto Shinkai, and that's a pure jewel i recommend you to see it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The Lego Batman Movie

I saw The Lego Movie when it came out, but never the batman one. I just caught it on one of the movie channels on TV. I gotta say, I liked it a lot more than the normal Lego Movie!

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Naruto: The Last

Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. I shipped Naruto and Hinata from the start, so it's not hard to figure out why this is my favorite movie. I also love how Kishimoto was able to tell a fantastic love story with his cast of ninja. It always gets me in my feelings as well when I think about how proud Jiriya-sensei would have been to see his student becoming a man. The theme of Naruto becoming a man is also another reason why I love this movie. Overall a great production.

Years
The Wizard of Oz from 1939.

I have seen it many, many times, but a hundred times is not enough. That is why it is called a classic. I have heard Judy Garland sing retakes of Somewhere Over the Rainbow on set, viewed promotion stills, artwork and storyboards, checked out behind-the-scenes documentaries, watched deleted scenes and scrapped concepts like the Scarecrow's extended dance scene, the Over the Rainbow reprise and the Jitterbug. I have playlists and albums of Judy Garland singing, have watched the cast appear on What's My Line and even have the entire collection of Groove's Wizard of Oz dolls, not to mention several illustrated copies of Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

One of the reasons this movie is so special for me is because my grandfather used to watch this with my mom when she was a little girl. I never knew my grandfather, he died when I was just a baby and I wish that he and I had more time together. But I know that he was a sweet, funny man from all of the stories that everybody that loved him told me about him.

My grandpa was a scrawny fellow not unlike the scarecrow. He was an American veteran with a green thumb that could take a dry stick and make a rose garden out of it. He had flat feet and a large forehead, and affectionately earned the nickname "Head" around the family. Despite his shrimpy size he was a big fan of macho westerns, especially John Wayne. My grandpa was described as a Buster Keaton lookalike. He loved to play (and cheat at) card games, loved baseball and the Dodgers, ate raw onion sandwiches and took in every stray dog he could find. He also had a gift for drawing on a professional level and would entertain my mom and her sisters growing up by sketching out comic strips and flip books for them to play with. I am always reminded of Head when I watch this beautiful, beautiful movie The Wizard of Oz and the Saturday mornings he would spend watching this with my mom.

The Cowardly Lion was his favorite character. According to my mom after the wizard shouted for Dorothy and her friends to leave and sent the lion fleeing in terror, my grandpa would rock with laughter for ten minutes straight. No matter how many times he saw the movie he had so much fun that you would think that he had never seen it before.

I am so nostalgic about this movie and I will often think of my grandfather whenever I see it. It is like he is watching it with us now. He is an example of the wisdom that Oz gives to the tinman, "A heart is judged by how much you are loved by others."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Black Panther

Missed out on it when it was in the theaters - finally on Netflix now so I watched it last night. It was pretty good. Soundtrack is awesome and good acting by everyone involved. Kind of felt like it ended abruptly though.

pkmin3033

I rarely have anything nice to say about superhero movies, but this was pure gold. Easily the best live action superhero movie I've seen since the first one, and substantially better than anything the MCU has put out...like, ever. It's nice to have a superhero film that doesn't just shamelessly plagiarise bits and pieces of comic book storylines and does its own thing. Reynolds is such a character.

Listening back to the Juggernaut's theme song and I'm just laughing all the harder. I KNEW it wasn't just another pretentious generic ominous Latin track...xD

Last edited:
Years
I think it was Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.

It was...okay? Was mostly watching it as a result of being at my uncle's house and someone had one of the movie channels on. Wasn't bad, but also wasn't anything I would rave about at all.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I watched The Manchurian Candidate (1962) last night via Amazon Prime Streaming.

I haven't watched a black & white film in a while, so it was a bit refreshing (especially watching this in the evening onto nighttime).

Considering the time it was released, I would say the film is significant of the political climate of the time---and still is, one could argue. It also be worthy of note that this film is in the US National Film Registry. I would have to say I love the irony in the end (not going into to spoilers.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Baby Driver

I caught this on one of the movie channels last night. Was a movie I missed out on seeing in the theater. I loved it. Had a killer soundtrack and the action shots were filmed in a great way. Great acting all around too. Definitely was surprised by how much I liked it, as action car movies aren't usually my thing ha.

Years
The Walt Disney' 1950 masterpiece Cinderella. I watched it not once, not twice, but three nights in a row and might do it again when I get home :)

So beautiful, and fun and enchanting. I really don't think it has aged a day. I wish Disney still produced hand-drawn animation like this. 5 5 stars, 10 stars! I recommend to anyone.

Some of the most celebrated animators in history are the "Nine old men" from Disney Studios. My favorite of the nine is Ward Kimball who draws Lucifer "Rucifee" the cat! I love Rucifee!! Ward's work is so madcap and delicious! If it is whacky then the odds are that it was made by Ward. Mickey Mouse, the Siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp, the mice from Cinderella, Dumbo's Crows, many Alice and Wonderland characters from Tweedle Dee and Dum down to the Cheshire Cat... all of that is ol Ward's hand! This man was so awesome that he not only made Casey Jr. but installed his own train in his house to rise around in and helped design Disney rides.

pkmin3033

This movie is basically Avengers Assemble with DC characters...only with significantly less prequel movie buildup. In a way that makes it better, because Avengers Assemble was an absolutely terrible film precluded by several fairly good ones and a few bad ones. Justice League is an absolutely terrible film precluded by a few equally bad ones and one good one (Wonder Woman) so, whilst it isn't a disappointing anticlimax the way AA was and is about what I expected from DC, that it met my expectations is definitely not a good thing, because I was expecting to be bored out of my skull and I was.

I think Aquaman is well cast, though...well, to a point. I honestly prefer the blonde idiot Aquaman who sings rousing songs of heroism and gets himself into all sorts of silly situations, but since DC movies have to be gritty and miserable (please change this, Shazam) casting Jason Momoa was a pretty good choice.

But seriously. DC have no business making live action superhero movies. They should just stick to the animated ones. Those are almost always great, or at least entertaining, and they don't drag out for what feels like two and a half years rather than two and a half hours.

Last edited:
Back