• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
Not at the moment, even though I know how to implement it. At this point, it would take a lot of work to get all the areas with all the Pokémon, and plus, AdvanceMap would no longer be able to read my wild Pokémon.
So does this mean you're going to add the night exclusives into the encounters for each route and make their appearances really rare until you get to the final release where you can insert this feature, or are you perhaps going to wait until the very end to implement the night time exclusives in any way at all?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I'm sorry, I was confused because in the Seven Island the Psychic looked different. ^^'
It's fine, I was confused by their sprites too.
So does this mean you're going to add the night exclusives into the encounters for each route and make their appearances really rare until you get to the final release where you can insert this feature, or are you perhaps going to wait until the very end to implement the night time exclusives in any way at all?
It all depends on when AdvanceMap can support the wild Pokémon changes and not throw tons of errors when maps are loaded due to "corrupted" wild Pokémon data.

Years
I found another issue. Furret cannot learn the TM (why didn't you leave as a HM BTW?) "ROCK SMASH" (and normaly, Furret is able to learn it).

The National Park contest doesn't appear. The Guard always says "We hold Contests regularly in the Park. You should give it a shot". Or the day system isn't in this beta?

Sometimes, when I save through the game (not the emulator) and open the game, my save file is erased and this message appears "the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage". And that scares me... what if after the league my save is erased? :'C

Keep going! You have my support! ^^

P.S: I wonder if I can use my save in the next beta.

Last edited:
Years
hi! diego just a small suggestion, wouldnt it be great if you rename bag into PACK in menu like in original Pkmn Crystal... i always thought it was cool & different from all other pkmn game... BTW ur hack is awesome & im looking forward for beta 2 release...
Have u thought of apricorn balls... its really an unique feature of crystal... What about ruins of alph puzzle... hav u figured out how to implement it successfully without any glitch... you know its really a fun part of the game... i hope u will find a way to fix it... Anyway Best of Luck on ur great hack diego...

Years
hi! diego, hav u thought of the decorating the room feature for ur pkm crystaldust as it waz in the original pkm crystal vanilla & its also in emerald but in advance form... u can make big wailmer doll into snorlax doll & so on... i think that would be great if will be actually able to decorate ur room...
i think its a pretty good choice to make emerald as a base for crystal remake cuz i think they both hav somehow pretty much similar features like phone call, decorating room, animated pkm sprites & so on... u hav been able to implement day night system which is awesome...
Any way all the best in ur great hack... All that this hack needs is continuity, dedication, polishing, finishing & complition sooner or later... i hope this hack will be complete unlike others many... i'll be putting my eyes on this hack & its latest release... Again BEST WISHES!

Sierraffinity

Years
I found another issue. Furret cannot learn the TM (why didn't you leave as a HM BTW?) "ROCK SMASH" (and normaly, Furret is able to learn it).

The National Park contest doesn't appear. The Guard always says "We hold Contests regularly in the Park. You should give it a shot". Or the day system isn't in this beta?

Sometimes, when I save through the game (not the emulator) and open the game, my save file is erased and this message appears "the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage". And that scares me... what if after the league my save is erased? :'C

Keep going! You have my support! ^^

P.S: I wonder if I can use my save in the next beta.
Nope, you can't use your save in Beta 2. Sorry, but I keep adding things to the game start script...
hi! diego just a small suggestion, wouldnt it be great if you rename bag into PACK in menu like in original Pkmn Crystal... i always thought it was cool & different from all other pkmn game... BTW ur hack is awesome & im looking forward for beta 2 release...
Have u thought of apricorn balls... its really an unique feature of crystal... What about ruins of alph puzzle... hav u figured out how to implement it successfully without any glitch... you know its really a fun part of the game... i hope u will find a way to fix it... Anyway Best of Luck on ur great hack diego...
I'm not going to rename the bag. It would actually be a lot more work than you realize. And the Apricorn Balls... well, let's just say I tried and failed to add them in.
Looks good ! Can't wait to start playing it:D
Great! Make sure that you download the updated version though... ;)
hi! diego, hav u thought of the decorating the room feature for ur pkm crystaldust as it waz in the original pkm crystal vanilla & its also in emerald but in advance form... u can make big wailmer doll into snorlax doll & so on... i think that would be great if will be actually able to decorate ur room...
i think its a pretty good choice to make emerald as a base for crystal remake cuz i think they both hav somehow pretty much similar features like phone call, decorating room, animated pkm sprites & so on... u hav been able to implement day night system which is awesome...
Any way all the best in ur great hack... All that this hack needs is continuity, dedication, polishing, finishing & complition sooner or later... i hope this hack will be complete unlike others many... i'll be putting my eyes on this hack & its latest release... Again BEST WISHES!
I could probably make decorations available in my game, but not for Beta 2. Which brings me to...

POKéMON CRYSTALDUST BETA 2 IS RELEASED!!!!!

Yes, that's right, the release nobody expected! (well, maybe a few people) You can download the shiny new copy in the first post, and as always, report any and all bugs you find to me ASAP!

Thanks and have fun! :D

Years
WoW! never expected the release of beta 2 this month... I loved the screenshots & im downloading the latest patch... can't wait 2 start playing it... This hack looks professiona as if GAME FREAK had released it... THANX! =]

its a great hack... ive played it & reached to the cianwood city... but the interior of cianwood pharmacy looks like a normal house of a person... shouldnt it be like a small mart with pack of medicines in shelves...
it would be awesome if u give a new tower or building for olvine light house cuz bcuz current tall building doesnt seem like a light house though it was like that in gbc crystal... & too sad that ruin of alph puzzle is gone...
im impressed with the johto dex... wow! havnt seen much from other hacks... & pokegear is cool...
This hack is like a rebirth of crystal vanilla in GBA... its a perfect remake which is almost accurate to the original... i enjoy playing it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Oh, I hope this doesn't die like ShinyGold did. This and Liquid Crystal are my favorite hacks.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
I've tried out the new demo, and I have to say that I am very very impressed. It blows shiny gold, crystal shards and liquid crystal out of the water. By far the best GSC remake out there, and it isn't even finished yet. Please diego, keep up the amazing work.

Also, will the ruin puzzles be implemented in a future beta?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hey this hack looks GREAT man! I have a few questions.
1.Is this hack flash cart compatible?
2. Will there be Apricorns?
3. Will Celebi be obtainable?
This hack looks great keep up the good work and dont give up! :D

Years
hey! diego, once again great hack... but i've found some issue...
1. i've defeated clair & completed the dragon den, received the badge... Prof. Elm called said he had something special to give... but went back to prof.elm & talked to him, he said his normal lines & acted as if he didnt even call... shouldnt he give you a masterball or something like that... or am i wrong here?
2. there's a little glitch with the day in the pokegear... i.e. instead of showing which day it is, it shows a different something 'ü' like symbol... is it only in my case or someone else has a same glitch?
thats it...
BTW this hack really gives you a nostalgic feeling & loved the day night system especially how the colour pallete changes even in battle... i see you've made johto dex as well & even the respective areas for the pokemons in the pokedex... are you the first person to do this? its simply awesome & cool...
Anyways, keep up the good work... we are all here to cheer you up all the time. i hope i dont bore you with a long posts all the time.
Best Regards!

Sierraffinity

Years
Looking really good, diegoisawesome! When I get some free time around work/school I will play it. :)
All right, thanks!
WoW! never expected the release of beta 2 this month... I loved the screenshots & im downloading the latest patch... can't wait 2 start playing it... This hack looks professiona as if GAME FREAK had released it... THANX! =]

its a great hack... ive played it & reached to the cianwood city... but the interior of cianwood pharmacy looks like a normal house of a person... shouldnt it be like a small mart with pack of medicines in shelves...
it would be awesome if u give a new tower or building for olvine light house cuz bcuz current tall building doesnt seem like a light house though it was like that in gbc crystal... & too sad that ruin of alph puzzle is gone...
im impressed with the johto dex... wow! havnt seen much from other hacks... & pokegear is cool...
This hack is like a rebirth of crystal vanilla in GBA... its a perfect remake which is almost accurate to the original... i enjoy playing it...
Thanks for your comments! The reason for the Pharmacy looking like that is because he was in a regular house in Crystal and so i thought he was operating out of his house or something. And I don't have any special tiles for the lighthouse so I decided to make it like that.
Awwww, I caught so much pokémon, but it doesn't matter.

YAAY! New beta! :D :D :D
Thanks!
nice job diego i like your remake :) keep up the good work man!
Thanks!
Oh, I hope this doesn't die like ShinyGold did. This and Liquid Crystal are my favorite hacks.
A new beta was just released and you're already talking about its death? :P
I've tried out the new demo, and I have to say that I am very very impressed. It blows shiny gold, crystal shards and liquid crystal out of the water. By far the best GSC remake out there, and it isn't even finished yet. Please diego, keep up the amazing work.

Also, will the ruin puzzles be implemented in a future beta?
Thanks a lot! The ruin puzzles may or may not be implemented in the future, depending on if I can find a way to port it over to Emerald correctly...
Hey this hack looks GREAT man! I have a few questions.
1.Is this hack flash cart compatible?
2. Will there be Apricorns?
3. Will Celebi be obtainable?
This hack looks great keep up the good work and dont give up! :D
1. I don't think so, but I haven't tested it.
2. There already are. ;)
3. In the future, yes, but not yet.
Thanks!
hey! diego, once again great hack... but i've found some issue...
1. i've defeated clair & completed the dragon den, received the badge... Prof. Elm called said he had something special to give... but went back to prof.elm & talked to him, he said his normal lines & acted as if he didnt even call... shouldnt he give you a masterball or something like that... or am i wrong here?
2. there's a little glitch with the day in the pokegear... i.e. instead of showing which day it is, it shows a different something 'ü' like symbol... is it only in my case or someone else has a same glitch?
thats it...
BTW this hack really gives you a nostalgic feeling & loved the day night system especially how the colour pallete changes even in battle... i see you've made johto dex as well & even the respective areas for the pokemons in the pokedex... are you the first person to do this? its simply awesome & cool...
Anyways, keep up the good work... we are all here to cheer you up all the time. i hope i dont bore you with a long posts all the time.
Best Regards!
Issue 1: Whoops, it was a scripting mistake on my part. I fixed it already, you can get the new beta patch now from the same link.
Issue 2: Hm, I don't know what's causing that, although I have had someone else report it... Can you tell me the emulator you're using and hopefully send me a save file so I can test it?
Thanks for the comments, too! I worked hard to get it looking really nice and accurate to Crystal.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'll probably test this hack later but I'd like to know something though:

1) Did you make it so that Entei and Raikou can be randomly encountered as wild pokemon after the event in done ?
2) Does mom save your money ?

I can't think of anything other special about crystal to ask but just wanted to know :D

The game looks impressive by the way.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Hi Diego, just wanted to say that the Hack is awesome, I only have 2 things to report.
1) I can only register the Phone number of the first trainer, mom and elm.
2) I think the Odd Egg is not randomized. In Crystal it had a 50% Chance of being a shiny, could be Any Baby Pokemon (I want my Pichu :D ). Furthermore they always knew Dizzy Punch.
And again, AWESOME Hack.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Bugs I've noticed so far:
-Trainer phone numbers don't register. I've asked several Trainers for the number and only Joey's number got registered.
-Abe, a Trainer in Violet Gym has a Hiker Trainer Class (instead of Bird Keeper)

Back