• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Keeps You into Pokemon?

Years
The various monsters and collecting aspect. I love the many cool designs each generation comes up with, there is something for everyone..and the story/characters are so fun and immersive, even if it can be a little predictable for fans who have been into Pokémon a long time. I also adore the style of art/graphics. Not a fan of mega 3D graphics that lean on the more realistic side (think games like Monster Hunter) since it's a little much for me. Thank you pkmn for being in my life for so long. <3

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
The memes.
The Pokemon designs. Whenever a new generation is announced, I always look forward to seeing what Gamefreak created for the new region. What animals were used for inspiration this time? Are there any new mons based on myths? What do the starters and legendaries look like? And so on.

Last edited:

Cup0Joe

Watashi no adana wa Satoshi desu
Years
I am still into Pokémon because I can really relate to Ash Ketchum. I act like him, giving people and ideas away to make people happy or successful.
When I get a new idea, I start from scratch much like a new journey, starting with nothing but using my previous experience to help me along the way before giving the new idea away.
Also when I went to Japan, I was called Satoshi by people when they noticed I was backpacking in Japan like Satoshi aka Ash. (execpt I stayed in Pensions and hotels as it was winter)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 29, 2018
a lot of nostalgia. Plus the PMD series is one of my alltime favourite game series.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
Fan games for sure. I haven't stuck to the console games because there have been too many updates and i can't justify a purchase of a new handheld console just for the pokemon series.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mmmm, nothing other than nostalgia and the fact that I've been into it most of my life, and at this point even if it's completely out of my life (during points where I'm not playing or watching it at all), I still think of it. I should play US/UM, but I've been holding off, because after those games I won't be able to play Pokemon anymore once it starts releasing for the switch. If anything keeps me into it past that, it'll have to be the anime, or fangames.

Sometimes I rewatch old series eps or movies too, or replay old games.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
It's hard to come up with a definitive answer, but honestly it's just something that I still enjoy doing. Using different teams and strategies gives Pokémon a lot of replayability.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
At this point, it's the nostalgia of it all. And it seems like a waste to stop after 20 years of being a fan. Everytime a new generation is announce my hype and love goes up until the games are released and I get to play them for a while. Then it dies back down and I forget about the whole thing for a while. I'm getting a Switch with my tax refund so when the new generation is announced , I'll be ready to start the cycle again.

Sirfetch’d

I really just like new adventures and while I don't always love every Pokemon game, the adventure is always fun and exciting to me. At least it is the first time through. I fully enjoy seeing the new Pokemon and finding out which species are in each area. I really don't see myself ever stopping enjoying Pokemon.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Exploring new places, seeing new Pokemon. What's not to love? Some of them have even great plots, PMD Sky and PMD Blue/Red are the most outstanding in particular!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
For me, the anime and movies will always hold a special place in my heart—especially Advanced Generation, Best Wishes, and XY. Even when I'm not watching Pokémon, I routinely immerse myself in the beautiful ending songs and background music that the franchise has produced. I'm not sure why, but listening to Pokémon music fills me up with so much happiness and makes me feel at peace. <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
The main thing for me is cross-gen evolutions. I really love how they manage to give life to old Pokemon that are generally forgotten about, and probably why I fell off the Pokemon train during Gen V. Since then we've only got Sylveon which was just a way to advertise the Fairy type, and Mega Evolution, which I loved but it doesn't seem like GF want to continue down that path anymore.

Years
I think more than anything else, I'm in love with the world of Pokemon, rather than just specific games or parts of the franchise. I love learning about the history of different regions, and the backstories of characters and species of Pokemon. Even if there's a game or something that I'm not really a fan of, it's still fun to learn about the new stories that are being told, and how they tie in to things that we already knew (and maybe others we thought we knew).

Reactions: noa

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
The games themselves are entertaining and catching new Pokémon and discovering their different quirks is very funny, but other than that, the feeling of exploration. I've also made a lot of friends thanks to it, so it'll always be there as one of my favorite games.

Reactions: noa

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Right now? Probably Korrina. I'm so in love with her its crazy!

Though, I think i'd still be playing even if not for her, but......she kinda keeps me at a high interest point overall xD;

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
probably the new explorations and adventures and chances to play through different stories, but if that were the only reason then i wouldn't buy the remakes. it could also be that it was such a paramount part of my childhood that i always accepted i'd be into it and so the interest never died out as a result. either way i still find the games as exciting as i did when i was younger even if i may not watch the anime or play the tcg anymore! :'>

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
The replayability, hands down. I can replay every Pokemon game in a hundred different ways, and I think that's awesome. Single Pokemon run, monotype run, special challenges I make for myself, it's hard to play a Pokemon game the same way every time. Because of that, I think I'll be playing Pokemon for a VERY long time, even if the series ends.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
You have so many possibilities in each game.. U can make a different team.

But I cant replay gen 7 games again cuz they have SO MANY cut scenes, too tedious. But I replayed the other game bunch of times <3

Back