• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slight dent in Shining Genesect - grade retraction?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 30, 2019
My shining Genesect has a small crater/dent/pimple, would that hurt the PSA grde? It's hardly visible unless seen at the right angle. It also has small lines on the back edge, but again hardly visible.

Firstq uestion: would the crater/dent/pimple on the front hurt the PSA grade? Second question: Does PSA only grade the back for edge wear?

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    53 KB · Views: 5
Years
My shining Genesect has a small crater/dent/pimple, would that hurt the PSA grde? It's hardly visible unless seen at the right angle. It also has small lines on the back edge, but again hardly visible.

Firstq uestion: would the crater/dent/pimple on the front hurt the PSA grade? Second question: Does PSA only grade the back for edge wear?

Never had a card PSA graded, myself, but it's highly possible they'll notice it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 30, 2019
What grade would you expect from this card that's perfect except for the dent?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 30, 2019
unknown.png

Based on their grading standards, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6 or lower.

@donavannj please give this a PSA grade. It's perfect except for what's been highlighted. The "F**K" is where the very shallow, hardly noticeable (only in proper light) dent. The dent can only be seen in the right light.

Last edited:
Years
unknown.png

@donavannj please give this a PSA grade. It's perfect except for what's been highlighted. The "F**K" is where the very shallow, hardly noticeable (only in proper light) dent. The dent can only be seen in the right light.

I wouldn't know what grade PSA would actually give your card, I was just guessing based on criteria.

That card is only worth $7 ungraded, though, even in full unblemished near mint, so is there a reason you're so keen on grading it?

Back