• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dating apps/websites?

Years
Wow another one of these threads!

Have you ever used a Dating website (e.g. OKCupid, PlentyOfFish, Match.com, etc.), or a 'Dating' App (e.g. Tinder, Grindr, etc.)?

Perhaps you met someone on something a little less conventional? (e.g. a forum, Discord chat, etc.)

What sort of experiences did you have on said websites/apps? Any horror stories?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I've tried a lot of places. Tinder, OkCupid, POF, Bumble... I think that's all of them? To be honest, I didn't like using them, as they made interactions with people feel forced and there were too many expectations that I didn't want to have when using these.
I met my girlfriend on Discord, haha. Started off as a friendship and then things took off from there. I like it when things happen naturally like that. I really don't like having expectations of things

blue

gucci
Years
I currently have a POF account but I deleted the app bc my phone was full so haven?t checked it in a while. Tinder I?ve got but I haven?t got around to properly resetting my account up. I had the most awkward car ?date? with someone I met on Tinder and the amount of awkward silences was painful ugh. Not even gonna comment on Grindr lmao.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Nah, it'd never work out anyways. Plus I also want to get to know someone preferably in real life before I start dating them.

Last edited:
Years
I tried POF mainly. 0 dates.

The first time I messaged around 50-100 woman. No replies other than 1 woman, and all I got in return was a phone number, then she ghosted me after a day.
The second time I kept track of what happened. I messaged 114 woman and only 1 replied, and turned out to be a lier and immature.

It made me feel awful so I'll never do it again.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I had the most awkward car ?date? with someone I met on Tinder and the amount of awkward silences was painful ugh.

Wot what's a car date??

Yeah I've used Tinder/Grindr to varying degrees of success. I think it makes dating in the gay community easier because at least you know that everyone you speak to is into guys. So much racism on Grindr though, it's pretty gross.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Dating apps are a good way to break your self esteem. It can be brutal honestly. And the only thing you and the other person have on each other is a dating profile with words and a picture. Not the best way to find love for me at least.

Last edited:

TY

I get bombarded so much by them it's become frustrating to even see one pop up for me.

Years
I've met two of my long-term boyfriends on Grindr - one relationship was nearly 2 years, and another is going on 3.5 years. Both times when I met these guys on Grindr I was not actively looking for someone or 'something', we just started talking and went from there. It seems that every time I was seeking a relationship on some app, it just never really went well haha.

I won't deny that there are some pretty awful/racist/terrible people on those dating apps, though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I honestly don't have any interest in dating apps, lmfao. It's cool that it works for other people but I'm a very wary person. My paranoid ass isn't going anywhere near dating apps/sites.

Years
I don't like the idea of "dating apps" really, they seem like a really forced and unpleasant way to meet people for anything more than casual encounters. That being said, I have no problem with online dating. I'm dating another PC user currently and it's great.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I don't mean any offence when I say this, but I just think dating sites/apps are kinda... sad. The main reason you'd never catch me using one is because I'd be too afraid of meeting up with a psychopath or something. There have been stories!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Also this probably isn't advisable but I use Grindr to find people to hang out with when I'm travelling. I went on an adventure with a guy I saw on Grindr when I was in Thailand to like this waterfall, only because it would make transport half as expensive and so I could have someone take my photo/to also watch my stuff. Maybe not advisable but I'm alive and got good photos and had a fun day soooo

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I've never used a dating app or site - in the same boat as others here who find it a bit forced. I know it works great for some people, but the idea of meeting someone on a site/app where the implication is you are looking for a date is kinda uncomfortable to me.

All my relationships started as friendships and I prefer it that way, if I go into any interaction where either I or the other person is expecting romance to come of it, it would just feel strange to me.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i've used them before but everyone just wanted nudes from me. so it didn't really pan out that well haha. i met my boyfriend through facebook though funnily enough. we had mutual friends on facebook and he seemed friendly enough.

Back