• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

thanks.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
So if your enemy scores a crit and your pokemon dies, it costs you 50.000.. doesn't that seem a bit much?

Atomic Reactor

No, there's a 5% chance that anytime a pokemon faints, it will actually die. That way it makes you more cautious to actually not let them die. So if your any good at the games, it really souldn't be to much of a problem.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I think it's a really innovative and interesting idea. It adds another depth to the battles and as you say, makes you more cautious to let your Pokémon faint. (The paying to revive part really doesn't make sense to me though, but that's just I'm used to free healthcare in my country. XD)

I've got another question though. Will there be places around the region, where you can, for example, battle indefinetely, in order to earn money?

It'd be a pain in the ass if you're stuck at a gym leader, all but one Pokémon are dead, and there are no trainers to find.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm... You raise a pretty good point dude. Currently there is no spot, but I will definitly implement a spot like that haha. Not sure if there will be one in this demo though!

Atomic Reactor

Haha I think I've fixed that since the last demo XD
Thanks for letting me know though :)

Atomic Reactor

So, I don't usually care about things like these... But I was nominated as developer of the year for the "Member of the Year" thread. If you guys think I deserve it, you should go vote for me! My competitors are WorldSlayer and Starmyyt. So I'm going up against 2 people with astounding games. Like I said, if you think I deserve it, go vote for me. It would really mean a lot. If not it's not a big deal, I"m honored just to be nominated.

Go vote here!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268166

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Ok, so a bunch of ideas have popped into my head in the last few days as far as the plot goes for the game. I had a general idea of what would happen, and now I'm thinking of specifics for the future.

These ideas I'm having, will turn the well known Pokemon plot into a much more in depth, mature plot. Now, I know some people don't like when Pokemon gets to serious. So I'm asking you guys what you think I should do.

Should I keep the plot simple and understandable?

Or should I include my ideas? If I do, the story will become much darker as you progress. And much more... in depth I would like to think.

I won't be showing blood and violence. But there may be a few scenes with knives and guns. I'm not sure yet if you will see anyone die. But I know it will be mentioned.
I can't give much away right now.

So what do you guys think? Basic Plot? Or in depth, awesome plot??

I know It's my game... But I'm making it for other people to play, not myself.

Post and let me know what you think!

Years
In-depth awesome. I think most of us are tired of the same ol' Pokemon games, we want some new and interesting.

Atomic Reactor

Judging by that, and the answeres I got on DeviantArt, I will be going for a more mature in depth storyline. I'm excited. Unfortunately it won't show up much until the 3rd demo.

Speaking of demos. I'm just implementing battle animations and then I will be testing the game, along with another person or 2 testing. When everything is fixed and ready, i will be releasing the 2nd installment of Pokemon obsidian.

Should be ready within the next week or 2!

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2020
this looks amazing. i like the changed styles for battle scene for different times of day. the sprites look very clean and the tiles look great. im gonna get the demo work (if cross over on my mac will cooperate with me) if not ill just play it on my windows PC at home. oh, and do you have any support banners?

edit: ok got it work on cross over. no music? is that a glitch im having or do you just not have any yet?

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

@InsanityLives: I would wait a few more days for the 2nd demo, there will be much more to do, and over 100 new battle animations. But the music should be working... It might be a problem with your crossover thing.

@The Author: Good thing only the starters are fakemon haha. Thanks for the nice comment :)

Stephen260

Pokemon Lost & Obsidian Fanboy
Years
Hey, just made an account, so sorry ahead of time if I do anything wrong (I'll edit it out if needed) but I just wanted to say, that I played the demo, and LOVED it, but found a small bug. In the protagonist's house, when you take money from either dresser, you can still take money from it again. Just wanted to point it out because it seemed like nobody pointed it out yet. Looking forward to this projection completion. :3 Also, I was wondering if you could put the coding for the signature images on the first post. That way I won't have to re-search 8 pages for the siggy image. Thanks.

Atomic Reactor

Wow really? You can? I am surprised I never stumbled upon that... or anyone for that matter. I'm sure someone did, they just liked having infinite money haha. Yeah if there are any sig pics scattered throughout the thread ill put them in the 1st page for ya :) (i dont remember there being any though?)

Thanks for the kind words :)

EDT: Added some support banners to the first page :D

Demo 2 should be ready to release this week!

Last edited:

Stephen260

Pokemon Lost & Obsidian Fanboy
Years
EDT: Added some support banners to the first page :D
Sorry, that's what I meant by siggy pictures xD I just wanted to be able to show my support for this game on any forums I use that might have people potentially interested in pokemon games xD
Demo 2 should be ready to release this week!

YAY~! *excited*

Edit: I also agree with the idea of an in-depth story, I think it'll really make this game unique; everything you've done to this game so far has been great, so I'm sure the story will be great even in-depth :3

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Here is the second installment of Pokemon Obsidian

It goes up to Oakgrove City, which includes about 5 or 6 optional Missions you can do. Over 100 battle animations. And a few new tweaks and features.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2367205980/Pokemon_Obsidian.exe

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any problems!
Have fun, and good luck!

EDIT: Also, if you are continuing from a previous version, copy over the "game.rxdata" file from the older version to this one!

EDIT2: Here is the first 10 minutes of the game as a walkthrough from me! Watch it if you need help, or just wanna hear me talk about it lol.
http://youtu.be/f2V8-JN_0sw

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Just in time for the holidays! :D

I'm in no position to play the demo from where I am, but I know it's going to be awesome! Your game is the only demo I played and actually enjoyed/wanted more of! So, I'm excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back