• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Flydro

doobz
Years
Hey all, just felt like giving an update. My current hunts:

Dratini - 2525 SRs (Soul Silver)
Piplup - 350 SRs (Platinum)

Haven't posted here in a while because I haven't had any luck finding shinies. Been playing through Heart Gold since finding Diplo, my shiny Chikorita. It has since evolved into Bayleef and right now I'm looking to beat Whitney so I can head to Ecruteak and talk to Bill. After that I'll be starting a new hunt for shiny Eevee. No rush though since I still have two other hunts going on as well, hopefully Dratini or Piplup shine for me soon! Dratini resets go by extremely quickly, but I want shiny Piplup most. Is there anyone hunting for a shiny Dragon type or shiny Gen IV starter? I'm interested in racing if anyone else is up for it, trying to get some motivation.

Also, welcome to all new members and congrats on all the new shinies caught! Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
A race; it's been a long time since there was a race. Sounds like fun. I wonder who will get his first.
We should do more races in the club , like, who can get X number of pokemon of the same color or type, or who can complete a pokemon set first, like the starters or legendary sets, also getting pokemon that learn X type move that is not of it's own type or maybe a surfing/fishing contest. Maybe pokeradar contests too on weekends, only if there are enough people who have DPPt and access to pokeradar.

Now my update, and again in a premier ball, at first try and full hp after I put it to sleep:

View attachment 67503

with this the regi set is complete in white2.

Cya next time and happy hunting.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Congrats to everyone who's gotten shinies and joined the club over the past month! Also, congrats to the three winners of the February Monthly Quest: Arceus Whisper with Pikachu and Rattatta, nizare18 with Gastly and Ho-oh, and Chr. Draco with Poochyena and Elekid!

Now it's time for...*drumroll*...

The March Monthly Quest!!

Happy March! To celebrate, let's get march-ing Pokemon...ha...ha... :pink_laugh:

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies with two feet! Only bipedal Pokemon count for the Quest!

The contest lasts until midnight EST on April 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

Hmm, sure! I'm just searching around Pokémon Emerald currently, mostly hatching eggs, some searching around.

Be careful hunting in Emerald! It's set up so that shinies are based on how long your game has been on, so if you're unlucky and don't get a shiny until, say, 10 hours into playing, that 10 hours will reset every time you turn off your game.

Fortunately this is only a problem in Emerald, so you might have more luck hunting in another game. FireRed and LeafGreen have something similar when soft resetting, but it shouldn't be a problem when walking around. Saving resets the way shinies appear every time, so if you ever decide to SR in FR/LG, all you need to do is resave every 25-35 SRs and you should be fine. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Fortunately this is only a problem in Emerald, so you might have more luck hunting in another game. FireRed and LeafGreen have something similar when soft resetting, but it shouldn't be a problem when walking around. Saving resets the way shinies appear every time, so if you ever decide to SR in FR/LG, all you need to do is resave every 25-35 SRs and you should be fine. :)

Maybe this is why i STILL HAVENT OBTAINED THAT FREAKING SHINY CHARMANDER..... i should listen to the Money more often

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
So... the lurker returns yet again!

I'd been very fickle on my shiny hunts in the past... Changing the moment one got too tedious... But I finally got one to pan out... About two weeks ago I decided to start soft resetting again. The target? White 2 Latias. After the first hour it became mechanical in process... and today? Had been going bad. Already I had been pushed to tears from other influences... And then, as if to cheer me up....

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello!

I saw your forum thread about the shiny hunters, and I thought it would be cool if I became a shiny hunter. I've only ever seen and caught one shiny, and it was a Paras from Mt. Moon. I'm not sure if I still have him or not.

I will try to hunt for shinies as much as I can. I guess my hunt will start with the three swordsmen, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion, wish me luck!

Peace!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Hey guys I'm off to bed, but so far this weekend got a decent amount of hunting done i will post below my numbers. I am hoping to get Diglett next because then I am going BACK to the special trees north of Cerulean and try for Combee after the disagreement we had about how cute charm effects shininess I gave up and went to Diglett, but after seeing several hunters on YT get shiny female Combee I figured cute charm does in fact not effect shininess so I will return to that. Good luck to everyone and their respective hunts.
Fossils - 2800 Revived
Diglett - 737 REs
Uxie - 702 SRs
Victory Road Grove ~ 3000 REs

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I have a question, though it may already be answered: can I use RNG abuse to find shinies?

If I remember right, those don't count here. But yes. You can RNG shininess... But take it from someone who RNG'd in the past... It's just not as satisfying as finally finding your shiny after X amount of REs/SRs

In other news, SRing lens has been turned on Cress now that Latias sparkled. Wish me luck~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
i should listen to the Money more often

"lol" :cer_laugh:

Spoiler:

Congrats!! I'm sorry about whatever else happened, but finding a shiny (especially a really awesome one like that) is always a great way to shine up your day. :)

Wish me luck~

Good luck!

I have a question, though it may already be answered: can I use RNG abuse to find shinies?

Welcome to the club! You can RNG if you want to and we're not going to stop you from posting in the club, but as Kirozane said, it's not really fun. I know for sure that I don't enjoy it, and I'd highly recommend hunting shinies through one of the tougher methods, like SRing or MMing.

the disagreement we had about how cute charm effects shininess I gave up and went to Diglett, but after seeing several hunters on YT get shiny female Combee I figured cute charm does in fact not effect shininess so I will return to that.

This is really interesting. I hadn't heard anything about this before you posted this, so I looked it up and read some threads where other people debated it. It's always fun to read new stuff about shiny chances - thanks for posting about it, Arceus!

It appears that Cute Charm might have an effect [EDIT 12/16/2017: "lol" I had mixed up affect and effect! It's four years later, but I've fixed it now! :laugh: ] on shininess, but only if your lead Pokemon has it. It's sort of like how having your lead have Synchronize can influence the nature of the Pokemon you find, but a wild Pokemon having Synchronize won't do anything to influence the already-set natures of your party's Pokemon.

Then again, the stuff I read on Cute Charm was mostly from this thread which is in the context of RNGing, so Cute Charm might work differently there than it does in normal settings. This post seems to say that if your hidden ID has a certain connection to your Trainer ID, then Cute Charm would improve your chances. But since we have absolutely no idea what our hidden IDs are, this shouldn't be relevant. The only possible implication is that if our two IDs don't have a certain relation, then finding shinies would be harder, but if our IDs do have the necessary relation, then finding shinies would be easier. Again, I think this has to do with having the lead Pokemon in your party have Cute Charm, but it doesn't sound like wild Pokemon with Cute Charm would have their probabilities changed.

So it seems like:

1) having a Cute Charm Pokemon as your lead may affect shiny chances in 4th gen, and
2) it will either raise or lower your chances of finding a shiny based upon some difference between your Trainer ID and your hidden ID. Therefore,
3) because we don't know what our hidden IDs are, much less how they relate to our Trainer IDs, this doesn't really change things. However, having a Cute Charm Pokemon might increase some of the risk of shiny hunting, as you might have a higher chance of finding shinies and you might have a much lower chance of finding shinies.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Regigigas, Chr. Draco!

Congrats on the shiny Latias, Kirozane! Welcome back! Good luck!

Welcome to the club, Samurott01!

This week's random hunt is... Porygon!

I finished my journey on Black 2 a month ago, and since then I've been working on the Pokédex. I'm only about 1/3 done.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Welcome to the club! You can RNG if you want to and we're not going to stop you from posting in the club, but as Kirozane said, it's not really fun. I know for sure that I don't enjoy it, and I'd highly recommend hunting shinies through one of the tougher methods, like SRing or MMing.

Thanks G-Money! I'm glad I was accepted and I hope to find lots of shinies in the future. I know SRing is soft resetting, but what is MMing?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Thanks G-Money! I'm glad I was accepted and I hope to find lots of shinies in the future. I know SRing is soft resetting, but what is MMing?

MM means Masuda Method, meaning that you breed a Non-English Poke thats NOT from your game with a Poke that IS from your game, giving you better chances of hatching a shiny

Years
Woo haven't been here in a while! Congrats to all those who have gotten shinies since I've last been here, and good luck to everyone! The reason I'm back is because shiny hunting has piqued my interest. (for now at least, we'll see how long it holds!)

I'm about to try for my first MM target! It'll be secret, because who doesn't love secrets? I hope this works out!

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Hello! I've played Pokemon for seven years, but the only shiny I've ever caught was lost when my DS battery died. I'd love to get into shiny-hunting. Might I join?

Back