• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: First Open World Pokemon - The Clay's Calamity Trilogy - CC3 Updated! Almost out of BETA! TESTERS NEEDED!

Open world concept. What do you think?

• Yes! Pokemon needs this!

Votes: 165 67.6%
  • Open world is neet.

Votes: 63 25.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • No way!

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
As the titles says, CC3 is almost out of beta. If there are no more bugs found within the next few weeks I would say this game trilogy is completed. Changes are listed below in the CC3 spoiler section. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!​

A few years back I made an open world Pokemon game patch for a friend of mine. He requested a Pokemon game that was completely open world, with the Gym Leaders being the most powerful trainers around. And that is exactly what this game is.
At the time of its creation (in 2016) it was the only open world Pokemon game available. Since its release it has received two sequels, finishing off the trilogy.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. These games can be played in any order, however the story progression is a thing. That being said, the later games are much more polished.

Clays' Calamity I
Original Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Patch Number: v10
COMPLETED

Spoiler:

-------------------------------​

Clays' Calamity II
UPDATED Patch Number: v5.1
Screen shots updated
COMPLETED

Spoiler:

Clays' Calamity III
v3.9.3
Updated 7/11/18
Screen shots updated - Bugs fixed
CURRENTLY IN BETA!

Spoiler:

Attachments

• Pokemon - Clay's Clamity v10.ips
    15.6 KB · Views: 471
  • Pokemon - Clay's Calamity II v5.1.ips
    42.2 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Man I love this concept! The overworld looks a bit rough round the edges, but I'm glad to see this type of game coming together, I've been waiting for an open roaming hack for a while!

Best of luck with this! With a little cleaning up I think this idea could really go places.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Pretty cool! Look forward to trying it out soon.

Also, I've never heard of the first game, Clay's Calamity I.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Man I love this concept! The overworld looks a bit rough round the edges, but I'm glad to see this type of game coming together, I've been waiting for an open roaming hack for a while!

Best of luck with this! With a little cleaning up I think this idea could really go places.

Thank you! It was a little rushed (because I was working on it during down time) but for the most part the structure is there. I do need to tweak alot of the overworld though xD

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Pretty cool! Look forward to trying it out soon.

Also, I've never heard of the first game, Clay's Calamity I.

The first game was strictly made for my friend, Clay, who promptly beat the game quite easily and hounded me for not making it more difficult. So then came round two, lol.

If you do start it please let me know what you think :)!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 23, 2020
Loving the game so far! I was wondering if there was any way to evolve my Kadabra?

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I havent tried the game yet but does this have PSS Split, New Moves, Abilities, and etc.? I really like the concept of this game tho, Kudos to you!~

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Loving the game so far! I was wondering if there was any way to evolve my Kadabra?

Currently you must trade the Pokemon. There are several videos on YouTube on how to do this via emulation-application, see if one of them works for you.

The other option is to capture an Alakazam. If I am not mistaken I believe I added them into the route to the left of Lavender Town.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
I havent tried the game yet but does this have PSS Split, New Moves, Abilities, and etc.? I really like the concept of this game tho, Kudos to you!~

The game has the standard Gen 3 abilities, sprites, moves and items. Nothing additional was added to the original game content.

And thank you very much! I hope that if you do end up playing it you enjoy it :)!

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
So I am quite surprised about the publicity this patch is getting (youtube videos, cover art, etc.). I was thinking I should probably make a third one, similar to this game but more polished that continues the story to a conclusion.

Any suggestions for improvements in the next game? Ones that would still keep this game Gen 3 based?

I have already decided to make some map tweaks (bigger cities when needed) and Pokemon evolutions via level up instead of trade. Anything else needed changed?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
So I am quite surprised about the publicity this patch is getting (youtube videos, cover art, etc.). I was thinking I should probably make a third one, similar to this game but more polished that continues the story to a conclusion.

Any suggestions for improvements in the next game? Ones that would still keep this game Gen 3 based?

I have already decided to make some map tweaks (bigger cities when needed) and Pokemon evolutions via level up instead of trade. Anything else needed changed?

When you say Gen 3 based, what do you mean? Would there be any way to convince you to add some of the more logical features of future generations such as PSS? Not to mention adding in the evolution lines of pokemon from generation 3 who get additional evolutions in later games?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 12, 2018
Frabulator,i found all 8 clues but i have no idea where to find clay... i am going to show you the final clue so that you know i beat the game
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
When you say Gen 3 based, what do you mean? Would there be any way to convince you to add some of the more logical features of future generations such as PSS? Not to mention adding in the evolution lines of pokemon from generation 3 who get additional evolutions in later games?

When I say Gen 3 I mean that I do not want it to alter much from the original Fire Red game. I do agree though, the PSS would be nice to add in. The evo's I'm not took keen on, but I can defiantly look into it.

Thanks for the tips :)!

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Frabulator,i found all 8 clues but i have no idea where to find clay... i am going to show you the final clue so that you know i beat the game
I just sent you a message.

Also, you might want to spoiler that image :).

Last edited:

AMB

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 5, 2018
I loved the idea.Made the game a hell lot interesting.
If only you could nudge me in the right direction in finding clay *wink* *wink*
I searched a lot lol
I've given up

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
I loved the idea.Made the game a hell lot interesting.
If only you could nudge me in the right direction in finding clay *wink* *wink*
I searched a lot lol
I've given up

I just sent you a private message with his location. Good luck fighting him :)

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
the secret is,those badges are crap.. best truth ever

lol what do you mean? Hints were bad or getting the badges was awful?
EDIT
LOL! I forgot my own ending! I guess that is what happens when you make a game for giggles and dont touch it for several years

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Just letting everyone know, I am currently working on Clay's Calamity III. I have updated the first post with what can be expected in the game.

Due to increased popularity and demand, I have released Clay's Calamity I in the first post as well.

I have also included a Psychical/Special split for Clay's Calamity II (updated v5.1).

Please let me know what you all think. Thanks for the support!

Back