• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you choose the same starter in Black/White 2?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Uj8OZ43.gif

I haven't got around to playing the sequels, but only just found out they didn't change the starters.

When you played Black/White 2, did you choose something new or use the same starter?

I'm usually adamant about always picking the water starter, but I imagine it'll be boring choosing Oshawott again, so I'm probably going to use one of the others when I play the sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I chose Oshawott in both because he's simply the best starter. Best design/personality-wise and probably the best gameplay wise. That's just my opinion of course. I could never bring myself to chose either of the other two, never cared for them.

Years
I went with the same starter which is Snivy. I very seldom change my starter out of sentimental attachment, and Snivy just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite starters. Even if it wasn't very strong in BW he had so much personality that I could not imagine anyone but the vain grass snake as my traveling companion in-game for BW2.

Vragon

But as for the one I choose in game, it was the same one. Oshawott

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yep! Used Tepig again. Exploring Unova is a lot harder when Tepig isn't your starter lol.

Great question, btw.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Nope - I like as much variety as possible. Chose Oshawott in Black and Snivy in Black 2.

Years
I always pick Oshawott, because you know... my mascot and all.

Tepig and Snivy are cool too, but Oshawott's the winner in both usability and the cuteness department. I also love the unique theme going for the evolution line with the samurai motif and using their shells (scalchops) as weapons.

Years
Went with Oshawott in BW and then Snivy in BW2, since I love both of them....but my love for Serperior is especially strong.

@Hika I can't imagine you picking anything other than Oshawott lmao

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I chose Oshawott for all of the gen 5 games. I really didn't like Serperior or Emboar, though (Snivy I'm meh about, Tepig I like, but I hate how it looks when it evolves). I tend to get very attached to my starter, so I figured I would be better off just trading in/breeding the other starters and sticking with the one I liked.

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
I picked different starters, as I consider that repeating the journey with the same Pokémon can be boring. I chose Tepig in Black and Oshawott in Black 2 (yes, no love for Snivy; I'm just not really fond of it).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I haven't played BW2 yet but I think I might choose a different starter just because the protagonists and story is different and it would feel strange to play the game the exact same way ^^

Years
Bumping this up.

I chose Tepig in Black as it was my favourite from the trio at the time (and pretty much still is), but I felt in love with Dewott through the game, so I went with Oshawott in White 2.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Yes, I chose Tepig in both. Ah, those were nice playthroughs... I remember using a Vaporeon in B2 and a Sawk in Black. I really like testing new Pok?mon sometimes :x

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I choose Snivy both times, the others don't really appeal to me, but swapped him out for something else in Black 2. Don't think I ever completed that game tbh.

Years
I've replayed Black two times because for me unova's the best region, but I'm gonna play through black 2 again and try to see every Pokemon in the unova dex so i can get to the nature preserve and catch myself that shiny haxorus, also cause he's one of my favourite Pokemon. If anyone can help me see every Pokemon in unova in Black 2 it would be great!

Back