The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Monotype Challenge Returns

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:24 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by KingSwing.

Nature: Impish
    The Monotype Challenge

This is a repost of the Monotype Challenge posted by Volga but now with colors

The Challenge:
    The Monotype Challenge is a challenge where you use only Pokemon of a single type throughout your game.

Rules:
    1. No Pokémon may be used in Trainer Battles outside of the type specified in your sign-up post. Monotypes may not be stacked into a single run. (ie, using Vileplume and Victreebel and calling it both Poison and Grass monotypes)

2. Your final team must consist of at least 2 Elite Four-viable Pokémon who share the type you specified in your sign up.

3. A Pokémon of your type must be obtained before you earn your second badge or before Lana's Trial (S/M). If this is impossible in your game, you may hack or trade a single Non-Legendary Pokémon of your type within your region's Pokédex. See below for a list of qualifying challenges. No hacking is permitted otherwise. Hacking or trading items into your game is never permitted. Before you obtain the first Pokémon of your type, you may only use your starter Pokémon.

4. Pokémon outside your type may be used as long as they evolve into your type by the end of the challenge.

5. All Pokémon on this list plus Mega Latias/os are banned from use in this challenge: Banned Pokémon in Battle Maison
    Any other legendaries (i.e. Legendary Birds) are allowed, but only 1.

6. Trading is permitted for evolution, and obtaining version exclusive Pokémon in your region's Pokédex that cannot be obtained otherwise, as long as its level does not exceed the highest level on your team. No HA/Egg Moves/Perfect IVs for this trade in. You may hack Pokemon to evolve if they evolve by trading if you are incapable of doing so. If the Pokemon requires an item, you must wait until you have the item before hacking the evolution. Using a trade evolution patch on a ROM is also acceptable.
    Trading to another game and evolving is allowed at level 30 or above, but only for Leafeon/Glaceon in B2W2, and Glaceon/Crabominable in SM.

*Note: Trading in Nectars for Oricorio is allowed, as it's a simple form change that doesn't change base stats, this also allows anyone using a specific Oricorio to be used from the first island.
    **Note2: Island Scan Pokemon are allowed as well, because although they are not in the Pokedex, they are obtainable within the limits of the game/challenge.

7. HM Slaves are permitted. They do not need to match your type.

8. Hacked ROMs are permitted. Any hacks are only viable for single challenges.
    *This was added 8/4/17, any ultimate challenges that includes hacks started before this will not count against you.

9. Pokéwalker and Pokémon Dream Radar may be used to obtain Pokémon of your type for the challenge, as long as they are imported directly into the game you are playing and not traded in from a separate game.

10. Dark and Steel are exempt from needing Kanto for Ultimate Challenges, since the types were introduced in Generation 2, with only Magnemite being available in FireRed and LeafGreen with one of these types.

11. Affection is not allowed (Sylveon is the only exception, but a max of two for Sylveon, no hearts at all for everything else). Mega Stones are not allowed.
    Z-Moves are allowed as of 8/5/17.

12. An Ultimate Challenge is accomplished by reaching the end game of one game from all seven official regions using the same type. They do not need to be completed in chronological order. Fairy type only needs Kalos, Hoenn, and Alola to complete.

13. Should you want to play outside the standard rules, You may opt out of championship by setting your Challenge Mode to Free Mode. Free Mode allows you to play the Monotype challenge how you want to while still being able to post updates.

End Game Points
    These points are considered the end of the game.
    R/B/Y/FR/LG - Defeat Blue/Rival as Champion
    G/S/C/HG/SS - Defeat Lance
    R/S/E/OR/AS - Defeat Steven (R/S/OR/AS) or Wallace (E)
    D/P/Pt - Defeat Cynthia
    B/W - Defeat Ghetsis
    B2/W2 - Defeat Iris (B2/W2)
    X/Y - Defeat Diantha
    S/M - Defeat Kukui
    US/UM - Defeat Hau
    Hacks - Determined by player (usually the Champion or Final Boss of the hack)

Optional End Game Points *Anyone that completes these will get an icon of the game's mascot next to their name in the champion's list, to indicate that they have put more effort into their challenge.
    FR/LG - Complete the Sevii Islands side-quests and rematch the Elite Four
    G/S/C/HG/SS - Collect the Kanto Badges, rematch the Elite Four, and Defeat Red (Rematching the Elite Four is only HG/SS)
    E/OR/AS - Defeat Steven (E), Complete the Delta Episode and rematch the Elite Four (OR/AS)
    Pt - Complete the Stark Mountain side-quest and rematch the Elite Four
    B/W - Rematch the Elite Four and defeat Alder
    B2/W2 - Rematch the Elite Four
    X/Y - Finish the Looker Bureau side-quest
    S/M - Finish the Ultra Beast side-quest, get to the Battle Tree, and defeat Red/Blue
    US/UM - Finish the RR side-quest, get to the Battle Tree, and defeat Red/Blue

Rule #3 applies to any Pokemon only available in the post-game or not at all, but are still in the Regional Dex, which are: (also incluing all of evo line)
    - G/S/C: Anything only available in Kanto/Mt. Silver (i.e. Houndour, Misdreavus, etc.) Same applies to HG/SS, but much more limited due to Safari Zone. More detailed list is coming at some point
    - R/S/E/OR/AS: Beldum
    - B2/W2: Archen, Tirtouga, Tympole, Munna, Durant, Heatmor, Cyrogonal, Stunfisk, Larvitar, Croagunk, Carnivine, Tropius, Yanma, Lickitung, Igglybuff, Slakoth, Corphish
    - S/M: Porygon, Scyther, Emolga, Riolu, Sewaddle, Togepi, Timburr, Tynamo
    USUM: Porygon, Scyther, Heracross, Litleo, Druddigon, Lickitung, Dratini, Emolga, Riolu, Sewaddle, Aron, Rotom, Tynamo

Sign-Up
    Make sure you read the rules carefully before signing up. Include the following form in a post. Feel free to group it into a single sign-up, as I did below.

Forum User Name:
    Game(s): *If this is a hack, please say both the hack name and the base game.
    Pokémon Type:
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: *Single is one game, Ultimate is going through all six regions.

Example
    Forum User Name: KingSwing
    Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, X, Ultra Sun
    Pokémon Type: Poison
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON A CHALLENGE FROM THE PREVIOUS THREAD OR HAVE COMPLETED RUNS AND WOULD LIKE TO LET ME KNOW, FEEL FREE TO DO SO. LINKS ARE APPRECIATED.
    Note: I will be updating these lists to represent all achievements posted on the last thread. This may take a while so please be patient. Thank you!

Single Challengers:
    Spoiler:
    Suon
    - - HeartGold, Diamond, Black

Hirokimura
    - - Black

Single Champions:
    Spoiler:
    Decidueye
    - - Sun

Volga
    - - Sun

Cymry
    - - Sun

calenlily
    - - Red

keishajay
    - - X

L'Belle
    - - Ruby
    - - Y
    - - Moon

Lunacrest
    - - Sapphire
    - - Gold

MiKyu22
    - - Emerald

MrOli711
    - - White 2

Griffinbane
    - - SoulSilver, Black 2
    - - SoulSilver, Black 2

Radboy
    - - Omega Ruby

Ronintoad
    - - Emerald

SonicZ16
    - - Emerald
    - - White 2
    - - Crystal

Suon
    - - LeafGreen
    - - Ruby

Strike the Blood
    - - Emerald
    - - Emerald
    - - Emerald
    - - Emerald
    - - Emerald
    - - Emerald
    - - Emerald

Skarper
    - - AlphaSapphire

Swagroar
    - - AlphaSapphire

Ultimate Challengers:
    Spoiler:
    KingSwing
    - FireRed(8/8), HeartGold, Ruby(0/8), Pearl, White 2, X, Ultra Sun

Zemanahrad
    - FireRed, HeartGold, AS, Diamond, Black, Y and Ultra Moon

Whallan
    - Yellow (1/8), Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y and Ultra Moon

Ultimate Champions:
    Spoiler:
    Decidueye -
    Pekin -

Freemode Challengers:

Freemode Champions:

Relevant Advertising!

Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:32 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Strike the Blood.
    I am the best in the world.

Nature: Adamant
    Water, Fire and Grass Monotype I had already done on Emerald.

Here is a Ground Monotype on Emerald I just completed from the other thread:
    Album Here: https://imgur.com/a/3c6cdAR

Final Team:

Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:34 PM).

Updated! Thank you for the thoroughness.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:07 AM).
      Audino Master

Nature: Relaxed
      I'm glad it all worked out in the end (after all the troubles with creating the thread)

This part

should say rule 3 (it was rule 5 in the original challenge)

Anyway, I've been postponing this for a long time, but with new thread, I think it's finally time:

Forum User Name: Zemanahrad
      Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, AS, Diamond, Black, Y and Ultra Moon (any of these games can change when I start planinng my teams)
      Pokémon Type: Dragon
      ^Which reminds me, last line of the sign-up should say seven regions instead of six

I'll be starting with Y soon.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:28 AM).
      Miltank's Fanboy Number One

Nature: Gentle
        It's basically a nuzlocke right? How can I send proof if I'm playing on console?
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:45 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Suon.

I've started this in the previous thread, but I just sign up again.
          ====================
          Forum Name: Suon
          Game(s): Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black
          Pokémon Type: Ground
          Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: 5x Single
          ====================

RECLAIMING MY GYM
          5 Single Ground-type Challenges

PROLOGUE:
          Spoiler:
          "Be honest, Suon. When is the last time you won a battle in your Gym? Sorry, let me rephrase that. HAVE you ever won a battle in your Gym? Don't answer, we both know the answer is 'no'. I feel for you, Suon, I really do, but a Gym is supposed to be a challenge for young trainers. Some win, some lose. It shouldn't be a walk in the bloody park! Oh, and by the way! In order to be a Ground type Gymleader, you need a Ground type Pokémon! When is your Nidoran ever gonna evolve in a Nidoking? It's basically too old to fight already!
          "I'm sorry, Suon, but I'm afraid we have to let you go. No, don't say a word, the decision has been made already. We have found a suitable replacement for you, who will be there as soon as he finished his current business. Your landlord should be there any minute to collect the keys. Go home. Maybe visit Professor Oak. And if you ever want your Gym back, you have to show us that you're a worthy Ground type Master!"

LEAF GREEN

EPISODE I: A NEW HOPE
          Spoiler:
          I leave the Viridian Gym and go south to Pallet Town. I speak to Professor Oak, and he thinks it's a good idea to start all over again. So I leave my beloved but old Nidoran♂ behind and get a new Pokémon: Squirtle. Oaks grandson, Blue, challenges me to a duel immediately, and I win my first match in years!

I start my travel. Apparently Squirtle isn't strong enough to carry me over water, so we go back North again. We pass Viridian City, make it through the forest and reach Pewter City. Gymleader Brock was making fun of me (he always had), so I taught him a lesson of revenge (even though his Pokémon are awesome...).

On route 3 I find a Pokémon worthy of joining my team, a Nidoran♀. And not much later, I stumble upon a Geodude. I caught both of them. And even though Squirtle made me win matches, I struggled to bond with him, so send him back to Professor Oak.

Nidoran♀ and Geodude seem pretty strong, and in Mount Moon Nidoran♀ evolves in a Nidorina. Making our way through the Tunnel, we find a Moon Stone, so I evolve Nidorina again in a Nidoqueen. Awesome! Now they'll surely hire me back at the Gym!

On route 4, just before Cerulean City, I catch another mate, a Sandshrew. In Cerulean I call the League, but apparently I only get my Gym back if I really prove my strength. "Battle the other gyms in Kanto and we'll see how strong you've become."

Misty has always been nice to me, but I decided not to challenge her yet, due to the serious disadvantage of my Pokémon. I train all my Pokémon on the routes north of Cerulean City, and Sandshrew evolves in a Sandslash.

We get a ticket for the S.S. Anne and after a long journey south make it to the ship in Vermilion City. Here we get a CD which teaches the HM Cut. East of Vermilion, I catch a Diglett.

I can't enter Lt. Surge his gym yet, so I backtrack to Cerulean and challenge Misty. Even though there's a type disadvantage, my Nidoqueen OHKO's her Staryu and manages to paralyze her Starmie, gaining speed advantage in the battle and Body Slamming her way to victory.

Now I can challenge Lt. Surge as well. Do I need to tell you how I beat the arrogant b*****d?

Diglett evolved in a Dugtrio, and for the first time in my life, I'm starting to feel like a real Ground Master.

I make my way to Celadon City, after passing through Rock Tunnel and Lavender Town. My Geodude evolved in a Graveler. In the PokéCenter I find someone (who looked astonishingly similar to me...) who is willing to trade with me, in order to evolve my Graveler. Now I have a Golem!

We beat Team Rocket in the Game Corner and get a Silph Scope as reward. We go back to Lavender Town, where I ran into a cute Cubone, carrying a thick bone, dealing heavy damage. I caught it, trained it, and evolved it into a Marowak (ooc: actually this Cubone didn't hold a Thick Club. I taught Thief to Dugtrio and used it on other wild Cubone. It only took me about 6 tries). Apparently, I have to beat Team Rocket again, and this time we get a Flute as a reward.

I go south to Fuchsia Town, where we play the Safari Game and catch a Rhyhorn. We also challenge Koga, who has higher level Pokémon, but we have the type advantage.

My plan is to go back to Pallet Town and surf south to Cinnabar Island, to battle Blaine. That shouldn't be a problem, and it's possibly a good warm up for my gymbattles with Erika and Sabrina. First however, I have to find some Pokemon to get me there...

My team:

Level 33 | ♀ | Hardy | Poison Point | no hold item
          Attacks: Body Slam, Shock Wave, Attract, Double Kick

Level 33 | ♂ | Sassy | Rock Head | no hold item
          Attacks: Rock Throw, Magnitude, Rollout, Mega Punch

Level 32 | ♂ | Quiet | Sand Veil | no hold item
          Attacks: Dig, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Return

Level 33 | ♂ | Brave | Sand Veil | no hold item
          Attacks: Dig, Secret Power, Toxic, Mud-Slap

Level 32 | ♀ | Adament | Lightning Rod| Thick Club
          Attacks: Bonemerang, Focus Energy, Brick Break, Headbutt

Level 31 | ♂ | Gentle | Rock Head| Quick Claw
          Attacks: Rock Blast, Strength, Stomp, Tail Whip

EPISODE II: THE LEADER STRIKES BACK
          Spoiler:
          Professor Oak gave me Squirtle back, the one I used in the beginning of this new adventure. It had learners how to use Surf and it took me to Cinnabar Island. Here, I challenged Blaine. My Ground types crushed him. Then I went back to Saffron City.

I beat Team Rocket and Giovanni for the second time and won my battle against Sabrina. Now, I went back West to Celadon and finally challenged Erika. I always had a bit of a crush on her, but could not stand her Pokémon. Thankfully, I was strong enough to beat them.

I have seven badges now, only the Viridian Gym left. My gym! I open the doors and see that the whole interior has changed. There's trainers everywhere, but I can't see the leader just yet. I beat all the trainers and finally notice Giovanni watching me.

How could the League appoint a crook like him to run my Gym?? I get furious and beat the hell out of him!

Now I have 8 badges and I can challenge the League. I do a LOT of training around Kanto and evolve Rhyhorn in a Rhydon, before I enter the first match.

Lorelei is so strong! I was so lucky to win this, with Sand Storm/Sand Veil and Toxic as my big assets.

Bruno wasn't a real challenge.

Agatha could be annoying, but we managed just fine.

Lance packed one hell of a punch, and I needed a few potions, but we came through.

Champion Blue was hard, especially Venusaur. A massive thanks to the attractive Nidoqueen.

Now that I am League Champion, I don't think they would mind giving me my Gym back. But instead, Professor Oak give the keys to the Gym to Blue!! Instead, he gives me a plane ticket. He tells me that a colleague of him needs help. And they need a master of Ground types to investigate...

My team:

Level 58 | ♀ | Hardy | Poison Point | no hold item
          Attacks: Earthquake, Shock Wave, Attract, Super Power

Level 58 | ♂ | Sassy | Rock Head | no hold item
          Attacks: Rock Blast, Earthquake, Rollout, Double Edge

Level 57 | ♂ | Quiet | Sand Veil | no hold item
          Attacks: Dig, Aerial Ace, Sandstorm, Return

Level 57 | ♂ | Brave | Sand Veil | no hold item
          Attacks: Earthquake, Secret Power, Toxic, Mud-Slap

Level 58 | ♀ | Adament | Lightning Rod| Thick Club
          Attacks: Bonemerang, Focus Energy, Brick Break, Trash

Level 57 | ♂ | Gentle | Rock Head| Quick Claw
          Attacks: Rock Blast, Strength, Stomp, Earthquake

RUBY

EPISODE III: RETURN OF THE MASTER
          Spoiler:
          I arrive in a little town called Littleroot, in a region called Hoenn. I've never been here before, so I'm anxious to find out what kind of Pokémon linger around here.

Why am I here? I'm here because there are some people causing havoc around the region, calling themselves Team Magma. Apparently, they want to expand the landmass of the region by awakening a legendary Pokémon called Groudon. A rivaling group of people called Team Aqua has asked Professor Birch, a local Pokémon researcher, to find some help. Birch talked to Professor Oak, who reached out to me, the new Champion of the Indigo League and Master of the Ground-type. So basically, I'm a consultant!

Unfortunately, my Pokémon don't fly well, not even on planes, so I had to leave them behind in Pallet Town. Professor Birch didn't have any Ground type Pokémon to offer me, but guaranteed me that I would become very fond of Mudkip, my new partner.

They've given me very little information to go on, and basically I should just go travel around the region to find Team Magma and try to stop them using whatever means necessary...

The first meeting with a member from Team Magma was in the Petalburg Woods. He was up to no good, so Mudkip beat the hell out of him!

In Rustboro City I find that there's Gyms in this region as well, and decide to challenge Roxanne. I have a massive type advantage, and Mudkip evolves in a Marshtomp. Which turns out to be a Ground Pokémon! Marshtomp happy, I happy, everybody happy.

I bump into the same Team Magma Grunt again, who started making trouble in the neighbourhood. I beat him again, and talk to the president of a big local company called the Devon Corporation. He asked me to go to Dewford Town to deliver a letter to his son, and to Slateport City to drop off a parcel to a captain.

In Dewford I deliver the letter and beat the local Gymleader. I then set sail to Slateport, deliver the parcel and fight with Team Magma, who where trying to steal the package. Hmm... there's definitely something fishy going on...

Team Magma fled and I head north to Mauville, where I battle Watson. Of course this isn't a problem for the high-leveled Marshtomp. After the battle, I continue north and find a small donkey-like Pokémon, Numel, and catch it.

The next time I run into Team Magma is in a cave with a waterfall, called the Meteor Falls, but I didn't get to fight them. It looks like they stole some kind of meteorite and ran off when Team Aqua came marching in. I talk briefly with their leader, Archie, who thanks me for helping out, and then go Mt. Chimney to chase after Team Magma. Here I find their leader, a wicked bloke named Maxie who wants to erupt the volcano, and fight him. We win, and Numel evolves in a Camerupt!

Hoenn is saved and I can finally take it easy. I climb down from the volcano and arrive in a small town called Lavaridge, where I beat the fire type Gymleader with ease.

Not far from Lavaridge is a small desert. Since there's no more time pressure, I spend some time here, enjoying myself and catching two new teammembers: Trapinch and Baltoy.

And now I'm stuck. I don't know where to go since I can't Surf yet. So I retrace all my steps and remember a gym in Petalburg City. I go here and indeed, the leader is ready for a battle. It isn't too hard though, and after I win, Marshtomp evolves in a Swampert and Trapinch in a Vibrava!

Now I can finally surf! And with 5 Hoenn Badges in my pocket and Team Magma defeated, nothing can stop me from becoming the Champion in this region too. Right?

My team:

Level 36 | ♂ | Bashful | Torrent | no hold item
          Attacks: Surf, Mud Shot, Mud-Slap, Secret Power

Level 34 | ♀ | Brave | Magma Armor | no hold item
          Attacks: Overheat, Magnitude, Rock Slide, Amnesia

Level 35 | ♂ | Calm | Levitate | no hold item
          Attacks: Strength, Dragonbreath, Crunch, Dig

Level 26 | ♂ | Modest | Levitate | Exp. Share
          Attacks: Psybeam, Ancient Power, Mud-Slap, Earthquake

EPISODE IV: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RED ORB
          Spoiler:
          My travels take me to a large building called the Weather Institute. At first I thought my eyes deceived me, but then it became clear: Team Magma Grunts everywhere, taking the scientists hostage! And I thought we defeated them?

Oh well, guess we just have to fight them again. We beat all of the Grunts and an Admin and free the scientists. It seems like Team Magma hasn't given up yet, and are searching for Groudon, the Legendary Ground Pokémon. And where is Team Aqua? Aren't they supposed to help out?

We reach the next town and the next gym. Winona is quite tough, but we manage, and Baltoy evolves in a Claydol!
          When we get close to Lilycove City, I spy a few Magma Grunt, heading for Mt. Pyre. Naturally, I follow them. On top of the mountain we find Maxie, stealing on of the two Orbs that are being kept and protected here. Maxie and his Grunts flee before I can stop them, and the elder guardians hand me the other Orb, for the Orbs should never be apart...

And so I start searching for Maxie once more. I find their hideout in Lilycove, but he's not there. A Grunt however accidentally tells me he's off stealing a submarine in Slateport!

I fly to Slateport, but I'm too late. The submarine is gone. Quickly we fly back to the hideout, beat up all the Grunts I find in my path, but again, Maxie slips through my fingers.

I set chase on the big ocean, hoping to find a sign of Team Magma, but I will never find them without some kind of diving equipment. I do however stumble upon an inhabited island. Here's a space station and, even better, a Gym! The owners of the Gym, Liza and Tate, challenge me for a double battle. They didn't stand a change... But, now I can use a skill called Dive, and we can chase after Team Magma again.

I find the submarine and Team Magma in an underwater grotto, and am just in time to find Maxie awakening Groudon with the Orb he stole. Or did it react to mine? Anyway, Groudon suddenly disappeared and (finally!) Team Aqua shows up to tell Maxie he's a bad boy and the world is in danger. Of course it's up to me to save it.

It takes me ages, but I find a hidden village surrounded by mountains in the middle of the ocean, called Sootopolis. Here's a cave, called the Cave of Origins, where I find Groudon. I beat him, and the region is safe!

There's a gym in Sootopolis, the last test before the E4. It's leader, Wallace, uses Water-types. It was a long and hard battle, but we did manage to win and earned our free passage to Victory Road and the Hoenn League!

At the Victory Road we did a lot of training. To become the champion of this region, we need to be stronger than ever. We don't know much about our opponents, so we just have to rely on our own strength. And as a result of our hard training, Vibrava evolved in a Flygon.

The battles against the Elite Four were fierce. Each fight asked the most out of me and my Pokémon, but we did win. And the final battle, against Champion Steven, was one I'll never forget. Strength, strategy, healing, all was necessary to win. And we did! We are officially the new Champions of Hoenn!!

My team:

Level 49 | ♂ | Bashful | Torrent | Mystic Water
          Attacks: Surf, Mud Shot, Brick Break, Secret Power

Level 47 | ♀ | Brave | Magma Armor | no hold item
          Attacks: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Amnesia

Level 51 | ♂ | Calm | Levitate | no hold item
          Attacks: Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Fly

Level 47 | ♂ | Modest | Levitate | no hold item
          Attacks: Psychic, Ice Beam, Toxic, Cosmic Power
          “You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
          “Why, what did she tell you?”
          “I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:47 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hirokimura View Post
          It's basically a nuzlocke right? How can I send proof if I'm playing on console?
          Monotype challenges are basically "You choose 1 type and you can only use pokemon with that type for the whole game".
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:37 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hirokimura View Post
            I'm also playing console for all mine. All you have to do is take a picture of the screen with a camera (even a phone camera is fine). If anything, a picture of a game on console is more solid as proof than a screencap considering it's way harder to photoshop that. If you don't have a camera, feel free to message me to see if we can figure something else out. The last thing I want is for this challenge to exclude people who can't access or afford the means to participate.
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:48 PM).
            The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by KingSwing View Post
              I'm also playing console for all mine. All you have to do is take a picture of the screen with a camera (even a phone camera is fine). If anything, a picture of a game on console is more solid as proof than a screencap considering it's way harder to photoshop that. If you don't have a camera, feel free to message me to see if we can figure something else out. The last thing I want is for this challenge to exclude people who can't access or afford the means to participate.
              I feel pictures/proof should be optional as most other challenges do so, though it is ultimately up to you.

Also, some more details you should update the OP with that I never got around to.

Add "USUM - Defeat Hau" (under End Game Points)

Add this to the rule #3 extras (section below Optional End Points)
              "USUM: Porygon, Scyther, Heracross, Litleo, Druddigon, Lickitung, Dratini, Emolga, Riolu, Sewaddle, Aron, Rotom, Tynamo"
              Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:25 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Volga View Post
                I feel pictures/proof should be optional as most other challenges do so, though it is ultimately up to you.

Also, some more details you should update the OP with that I never got around to.

Add "USUM - Defeat Hau" (under End Game Points)

Add this to the rule #3 extras (section below Optional End Points)
                "USUM: Porygon, Scyther, Heracross, Litleo, Druddigon, Lickitung, Dratini, Emolga, Riolu, Sewaddle, Aron, Rotom, Tynamo"
                That's a fair point. Also thank you for the edit advice!
                Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:22 PM).

Fighting Mono-type for Emerald:

Album Here: https://imgur.com/a/pbxKPSs

Final Team:

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:07 PM).

Thanks for the answers, that's kind of you to help me :)
                  @Kingswing, I have a camera so that will do, I really appreciate the help though, that's cool :)
                  And sooooo, I guess I'll give it a shot :3

Forum User Name: Hirokimura
                  Game(s): I'll go with pokemon Black !
                  Pokémon Type: Normal Type sir !
                  Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: I'll go for single for now :D
                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:20 PM).

Nature: Sassy
                    I still have a few ultimate challenges ongoing and would appreciate adding them to the list. I haven't been taking any pictures but will do so from now on if needed.

Poison: Blue 8/8, Crystal 6/16, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7
                    Rock: Yellow 8/8, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7
                    Fighting: Yellow 8/8, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7
                    Water: Blue 3/8, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7
                    Flying: Red 1/8, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7
                    Bug: Yellow 0/8, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, gen 5, gen 6, gen 7 (not sure I announced this one)

That's all my current runs though I'm going very slow poison should get an update soon.
                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:32 PM).

Also in regards to rule 3 didn't it used to be before the third gym cause I clearly remember thinking of viable ghost and dragon runs in gen 1 involving going through rock tunnel immediately after misty to reach lavender/celadon respectively for legit no trade in/hacked in runs. Did this change or am I just crazy?
                      Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:47 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by xemnahort.

Ok so looking through my last few posts I don't think I ever updated my crystal poison run even once so I'm not listing how I got to this point as I've been doing it for a while and don't remember all of it so please bear with me.

Only going to list permanent mons cause there was a lot to choose from in gen 2 starting areas.
                        Character: Poison
                        Starter: Tododile (for advantage against rival cause screw that guy)
                        Rival: Rumba (theme is bands for gen 2 so I looked up what was opposite of Poison's genre and that would be Rumba)
                        Current team mons:
                        Male Spinarak named Bret M.
                        Male Gastly named Blues S.
                        Male Nidoran named Rikki R.
                        Female Zubat named R. Rockett
                        Male Ekans named Matt S.

Hm slaves:
                        Noctowl for fly (for now as only crobat can learn fly)
                        Gyarados for surf, waterfall, and whirlpool
                        Paras for cut, flash, sweet scent, and rock smash

I've beaten the first 6 gyms and am about to raid the mahogany town hideout.

Current team lvls
                        Bret M. (Ariados) lvl 25
                        Blues S. (Gengar) lvl 28
                        Rikki R. (Nidoking) lvl 25 (knows strength so don't worry about that)
                        R. Rockett (Golbat) lvl 27
                        Matt S. (Arbok) lvl 25

I will post properly from now on with proper updates and again sorry.
                        Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:24 AM).
                        has ninja'd: 2600

Nature: Hasty
                          Hi! I completed three Psychic Monotype challenges; Gold, LeafGreen, and Sapphire :)

Here are the links to each of the Imgur Albums:
                          https://imgur.com/a/bd8XwlZ - Sapphire
                          https://imgur.com/a/1OH6qBS - Gold
                          https://imgur.com/a/8UFPYPI - LeafGreen

Ultimate Monocolor Red Challenge - Completed - 6/14/2018
                          Games: Blue, HeartGold , Ruby , Platinum, White

Psychic Monotype Challenge
                          Games: LeafGreen (Completed), Gold (Completed), Sapphire
                          Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:57 AM).

It would seem you used a Poliwag/Poliwirl on your team for the LeafGreen run which would invalidate that playthrough due to the fact that it is not psychic type. This is considered a disqualifying factor as per the rules of the challenge. If this is an HM slave then you are still okay but I would need to see proof. As it stands it has only one picture in the whole set and it's of its evolving which is why I would like some more explanation on this swirly boi.
                            Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:37 PM).

Normal Mono for Pokemon Emerald:

Album Here: https://imgur.com/a/WVuWXcd

Final Team:

Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:11 AM).

Ohhhh ! Grats for normal mono ! I like this :3
                              Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:44 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Radboy.
                              Fast, not Furious.

Nature: Timid
                                Started this on the last forum, got up to right before E4, then stopped for a month because I hate grinding.
                                On that note, I also finished it. Shout out to MARIO Club for debug.

Username: Radboy
                                Game: Omega Ruby
                                Type: Fairy
                                Single/Ultimate/Free Mode: Single

Part 6: Never Needed a Sash
                                Spoiler:
                                I did this from 9:30 - 10:30PM knowing I needed to get up less than 7 hours later to work out.
                                THE ELITE FOUR
                                I decided not to grind after a point, so I had 2 level 50 Pokemon, Masticar and Hyla. I don't want to do details of each fight, it was just kind of frustrating. EVERYTHING lived on extremely low HP. Them, me, didn't matter. I'll just do a quick summary.
                                Sidney - Easy as expected. I feel Masticar should have had Play Rough over Crunch though.
                                Phoebe - Kind of frustrating, as I couldn't get a switch to work.
                                Glacia - This E4 is actually creepy. Otherwise Glacia beat up Masticar, which was annoying, but so was much of the E4. Not too hard
                                Drake - Hardest, surprisingly. Salamence with Thunder Fang KOed both Melee and Conejito, leaving me with Hyla without much PP.

The Final Battle: Vs. Champion Steven
                                That Skarmory knew Toxic and was a 6HKO.
                                I lead with Masticar and max out on stockpile buffs. I then Baton Pass into Conejito, and use an X Attack and X Speed. I then began Spamming Waterfall. Fourteen turns later, the Skarmory was down, after too many Full Restores. Cradily came in, and that was dealt with using Superpower. Conejito then easily beat the Aggron, Claydol, and Armaldo. The Metagross actually wasn't that bad, much to my surprise, but required 2 sets of 4 Waterfalls to KO. I beat Steven. I was entered into the Hall Of Fame

But not truly was I done yet

The FINAL Final Battle: May's Route 103 Rematch
                                May's Pre-Battle Monologue actually gave me chills.
                                The Battle itself was a breath of fresh air from the E4. Hyla didn't do a good job, but managed to get the killing blow on the Mega Swampert. Most of her team went down easy. I was done.

Delta Episode? Maybe Later.

The DREAM TEAM
                                Spoiler:

Hyla the Gardevoir - Level 53

Ability - Trace
                                Nature - Timid
                                Item - King's Rock
                                Calm Mind
                                Will-O-Wisp
                                Psychic
                                Moonblast

Conejito the Azumarill - Level 56

Ability - Huge Power
                                Nature - Mild
                                Item - Expert Belt
                                Superpower
                                Waterfall
                                Aqua Ring

Play Rough

Masticar the Mawile - Level 52

Ability - Intimidate
                                Nature - Jolly
                                Item - Rocky Helmet
                                Stockpile
                                Baton Pass
                                Crunch
                                Iron Head

Melee the Wigglytuff - Level 54

Ability - Cute Charm
                                Nature - Lonely
                                Item - Quick Claw
                                Toxic
                                Dazzling Gleam
                                Protect
                                Fire Blast

Hoenn MVP - Hyla
                                E4 MVP - Conejito
                                Most fun to use - Melee
                                Shoutout to the HM Slaves, Oddish, Marill, and Wingull.

Previous Parts:
                                Part 1
                                Part 2
                                Part 3
                                Part 4
                                Part 5

(I don't feel like remembering my Imgur Password, so I just have an attachment of proof from my phone.)
                                Attached Images
                                File Type: jpg IMG_0785.jpg‎ (1.27 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Challenge Log:
                                Challenge Hall Of Fame
                                Ultra Sun Random Pokemon Challenge - Trials (2/8)
                                Alolan Persian, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Arcanine, Araquanid, Skarmory
                                Soulsilver Electric Evolved Monotype - Badges (7/16)
                                Omega Ruby Fairy Monotype Challenge - Complete!
                                Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:51 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Zemanahrad.

I had a whole fun post with my update but I accidentally closed the tab and restoring it didn't work so here's the gist.

I'm waiting for a link cable (which is on its way to me now) to get a Gengar so I can finish my FireRed run. In the mean time I decided to get Ruby (one of my personal favorites) out of the way. I forgot to take pictures of the first bit but basically I caught a level 2 Wurmple, by the most beautiful luck in the world it evolved into Cascoon. It took literally forever because the Wurmple line is terrible until it hits the final evolution so all my training (and mainly fainting) had to be done in the grass just outside Oldale. It was at some point when Cascoon was level 8 that I realized I hadn't taken pictures, ya know, like an idiot. So I decided I would start at the next major event. and here's the link to that thread
                                  https://imgur.com/gallery/BAIgHMv

I'll try to make my posts more interesting in the future but today has just been rough so losing my draft before really took a lot of the wind out of my sails.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Radboy View Post
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Started this on the last forum, got up to right before E4, then stopped for a month because I hate grinding.
                                  On that note, I also finished it. Shout out to MARIO Club for debug.

Username: Radboy
                                  Game: Omega Ruby
                                  Type: Fairy
                                  Single/Ultimate/Free Mode: Single

Part 6: Never Needed a Sash
                                  Spoiler:
                                  I did this from 9:30 - 10:30PM knowing I needed to get up less than 7 hours later to work out.
                                  THE ELITE FOUR
                                  I decided not to grind after a point, so I had 2 level 50 Pokemon, Masticar and Hyla. I don't want to do details of each fight, it was just kind of frustrating. EVERYTHING lived on extremely low HP. Them, me, didn't matter. I'll just do a quick summary.
                                  Sidney - Easy as expected. I feel Masticar should have had Play Rough over Crunch though.
                                  Phoebe - Kind of frustrating, as I couldn't get a switch to work.
                                  Glacia - This E4 is actually creepy. Otherwise Glacia beat up Masticar, which was annoying, but so was much of the E4. Not too hard
                                  Drake - Hardest, surprisingly. Salamence with Thunder Fang KOed both Melee and Conejito, leaving me with Hyla without much PP.

The Final Battle: Vs. Champion Steven
                                  That Skarmory knew Toxic and was a 6HKO.
                                  I lead with Masticar and max out on stockpile buffs. I then Baton Pass into Conejito, and use an X Attack and X Speed. I then began Spamming Waterfall. Fourteen turns later, the Skarmory was down, after too many Full Restores. Cradily came in, and that was dealt with using Superpower. Conejito then easily beat the Aggron, Claydol, and Armaldo. The Metagross actually wasn't that bad, much to my surprise, but required 2 sets of 4 Waterfalls to KO. I beat Steven. I was entered into the Hall Of Fame

But not truly was I done yet

The FINAL Final Battle: May's Route 103 Rematch
                                  May's Pre-Battle Monologue actually gave me chills.
                                  The Battle itself was a breath of fresh air from the E4. Hyla didn't do a good job, but managed to get the killing blow on the Mega Swampert. Most of her team went down easy. I was done.

Delta Episode? Maybe Later.

The DREAM TEAM
                                  Spoiler:

Hyla the Gardevoir - Level 53

Ability - Trace
                                  Nature - Timid
                                  Item - King's Rock
                                  Calm Mind
                                  Will-O-Wisp
                                  Psychic
                                  Moonblast

Conejito the Azumarill - Level 56

Ability - Huge Power
                                  Nature - Mild
                                  Item - Expert Belt
                                  Superpower
                                  Waterfall
                                  Aqua Ring

Play Rough

Masticar the Mawile - Level 52

Ability - Intimidate
                                  Nature - Jolly
                                  Item - Rocky Helmet
                                  Stockpile
                                  Baton Pass
                                  Crunch
                                  Iron Head

Melee the Wigglytuff - Level 54

Ability - Cute Charm
                                  Nature - Lonely
                                  Item - Quick Claw
                                  Toxic
                                  Dazzling Gleam
                                  Protect
                                  Fire Blast

Hoenn MVP - Hyla
                                  E4 MVP - Conejito
                                  Most fun to use - Melee
                                  Shoutout to the HM Slaves, Oddish, Marill, and Wingull.

Previous Parts:
                                  Part 1
                                  Part 2
                                  Part 3
                                  Part 4
                                  Part 5

(I don't feel like remembering my Imgur Password, so I just have an attachment of proof from my phone.)
                                  Gotcha!
                                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:17 AM).

Grats Radboy ! I like the stockpile baton pass moveset, it's well thought !
                                    May's monologue is cute and gave me chills too, but anyway, grats on beating steven <3

Okay so I started my journey in pokemon black. I'm not taking pictures at the moment since that wasn't that significative for now. I picked Tepig because I'm normal mono and didn't want to fight an emboar in the late game, and as mentioned I caught a lillipup as my starter. Trained him a little, she's level 15 atm and got first badge. Nothing too much tbh, oh, forgot something tho. I learned that pick up can actually pick items used by the opponent in match ! In the gym my pokemon did have oran berry, I was facing another lillipup, my pokemon ate, then foe's pickup picked it, then mine picked it too, that was funny x)

I'll post pictures once I'll have my second pokemon :3
                                    Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:37 AM).
                                    Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is online now

Bug Mono for Pokemon Emerald

Album Here: (I did miss a few things, bad me) https://imgur.com/a/Nr0BXgh

Final Team:

Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:01 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Whallan.

Forum User Name: Whallan
                                      Game(s): I will be playing through in no particular order
                                      Yellow (1/8), Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y and Ultra Moon
                                      Pokémon Type: Bug

I plan to be running through a few of them at the same time, Platinum will be done on an emulator as it's the only region I don't own.

First update for yellow, caught a caterpie named Steve and defeated brock.
                                      Spoiler:
                                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:22 PM).
                                      Just your average Spaceball

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Whallan View Post
                                        Forum User Name: Whallan
                                        Game(s): I will be playing through in no particular order
                                        Yellow (1/8), Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y and Ultra Moon
                                        Pokémon Type: Bug

I plan to be running through a few of them at the same time, Platinum will be done on an emulator as it's the only region I don't own.

First update for yellow, caught a caterpie named Steve and defeated brock.
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Yellow Bug Mono run... ballsy. Good luck, you’ll need it.

Currently raising:

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP!

Quick Reply