• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not looking for spoilers, just a confirmation that this was normal or not. When I went up the elevator of some building in Lumiose City, upon exiting the elevator the screen went dark for a second, then a girl with purple hair was behind me (kind of like the Hex Maniac characters) and she sort of "glided" around me like she was on skates (but her legs didn't actually move) and she said something like "You're not the one I'm looking for." The screen went dark and came back and I was able to walk around again.

I mean, what the heck? Is that something I'll find out about, or some weird glitch?

Thanks.

I've experienced this, too—it's not a glitch. When it happened, I was honestly freaked out a little. Haha. I'm not sure what this is about, exactly, but maybe it's got something to do with a future event of sorts? This is not the only place where you could find this ghost girl, by the way. You should be able to find her in Hotel Richissime as well, I believe. d: I personally haven't found her there (yet), but according to others, she is definitely in there somewhere.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I was considering purchasing dream cloud and was wondering if the pokemon can be transferred to x/y, or if it's just BW2. If this is the case does anyone know if you can then transfer them to x from BW2 when the bank is released? Thanks in advance.

only BW2, and you probably can through the bank

ShinyHunterz

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Shint Torchick

FINALLY, after 700+ eggs I have a shiny torchick. Sadly, its IVs are only HP, Sp Attack and Defense.....which I hate since the chances of me not getting a perfect 31 in Attack was VERY low....so im kinda pissed, but it does have Speed Boost ability which im thankful for. It is also Adamant nature for the Attack boost...just that IV killed me. Is there a way for me to still check the Attack IV of my torchick even though it isn't 31. The IV calculators are so weird and alwasys say I enter a too-high value.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
Arbok Troubles?

Is it just me, or is anybody else having trouble finding a Arbok? ive been looking verywhere and cant find one to add to my team!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Is it just me, or is anybody else having trouble finding a Arbok? ive been looking verywhere and cant find one to add to my team!

Arbok could be found on Route 19, if I remember correctly. It just takes a while to encounter them. d: And if you want Ekans, head over to Route 14.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you're planning to use it as a special-attacker, then Modest would be fine. Wouldn't recommend the other two natures, though; Naive and Hasty decrease your defenses, which Mewtwo really needs.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
FINALLY, after 700+ eggs I have a shiny torchick. Sadly, its IVs are only HP, Sp Attack and Defense.....which I hate since the chances of me not getting a perfect 31 in Attack was VERY low....so im kinda pissed, but it does have Speed Boost ability which im thankful for. It is also Adamant nature for the Attack boost...just that IV killed me. Is there a way for me to still check the Attack IV of my torchick even though it isn't 31. The IV calculators are so weird and alwasys say I enter a too-high value.

Ah congrats! But yeah it does suck when your shiny poke doesn't have great/flawless IVs where it counts (as I too had to go through several Shelmets over the course of a week before I got one with the right IVs).

I would say the IV calc is your best bet at learning about the imperfect IV. Since I'm not sure which one you're using, make sure you've inputted at least the correct nature along with the EVs alongside the stats. Also, I'd suggest inputting the stats at level 50+ for a more accurate reading. Use a reset punching bag if you lose track of your EV placement.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Why is Blaziken banned? So what if it has speed boost? If you are competing with a pokemon that's slower than Blaziken already, it doesn't matter if it gets TEN speed boosts, it's not going to get so fast that it's speed stat loops around and you get 3 or 4 moves per turn, so what exactly is the big deal with Blaziken having speed boost vs being up against any other pokemon that just happens to be faster than you? This is why I hate sites that make up rules like this. Where is the fun in competing in a game like pokemon where you can capture hundreds of pokemon and train them hundreds of ways if you HAVE to use the same 5 pokemon with the same 4 moves because this is banned and that is banned and this move is banned and that item is banned? (obviously the numbers are an over exaggeration, but the point is the same) and really, this is also why I don't really like taking advice form sites like this, if their "amazing, perfect" move sets are so fragile that a fast fighting pokemon or a stinking move like Double Team completely invalidates their moves, then how good are they really? Theres dozens of ways to get around Double Team, but no, it's easier to just ban moves and pokemon and items. Bah. I want to actually compete against other players who have inventive movesets and are using unusual pokemon in unexpected ways, what's the point in battling with anyone if everyone just uses the same pokemon with the same moves over and over again? If my team gets beaten by a Zigzagoon with double team, protect and headbutt while holding a King's Rock then I would rather take the loss, congratulate the winner for a strategy that obviously beat me, and then try another battle. I don't want to play against other people if there has to be a homogenized filter everything needs to go through in order to play the game.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Why is Blaziken banned? So what if it has speed boost? If you are competing with a pokemon that's slower than Blaziken already, it doesn't matter if it gets TEN speed boosts, it's not going to get so fast that it's speed stat loops around and you get 3 or 4 moves per turn, so what exactly is the big deal with Blaziken having speed boost vs being up against any other pokemon that just happens to be faster than you? This is why I hate sites that make up rules like this. Where is the fun in competing in a game like pokemon where you can capture hundreds of pokemon and train them hundreds of ways if you HAVE to use the same 5 pokemon with the same 4 moves because this is banned and that is banned and this move is banned and that item is banned? (obviously the numbers are an over exaggeration, but the point is the same) and really, this is also why I don't really like taking advice form sites like this, if their "amazing, perfect" move sets are so fragile that a fast fighting pokemon or a stinking move like Double Team completely invalidates their moves, then how good are they really? Theres dozens of ways to get around Double Team, but no, it's easier to just ban moves and pokemon and items. Bah. I want to actually compete against other players who have inventive movesets and are using unusual pokemon in unexpected ways, what's the point in battling with anyone if everyone just uses the same pokemon with the same moves over and over again? If my team gets beaten by a Zigzagoon with double team, protect and headbutt while holding a King's Rock then I would rather take the loss, congratulate the winner for a strategy that obviously beat me, and then try another battle. I don't want to play against other people if there has to be a homogenized filter everything needs to go through in order to play the game.
To be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Throughout this post you yourself explain why Blaziken is banned. It's good enough in battle that it becomes one of those staple Pokemon. Banning it fosters creativity on teams rather than everyone using Blaziken (same for Gengar, Kangaskhan, etc.). And Double Team/evasion moves put too much luck into a game that the general consensus would rather have as a skilled based game opposed to luck. Carrying Aerial Ace on every team is partly strategic, but it's way too situational to bear any fruit.

It's all to balance the game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
so i have a mega charizard x

nature: jolly
252 atk/100 hp/106 speed

flare blits
dragon dance
outrage

i was wondering if i should use earthquake or rockslide for my fourth move

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
To be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Throughout this post you yourself explain why Blaziken is banned. It's good enough in battle that it becomes one of those staple Pokemon. Banning it fosters creativity on teams rather than everyone using Blaziken (same for Gengar, Kangaskhan, etc.). And Double Team/evasion moves put too much luck into a game that the general consensus would rather have as a skilled based game opposed to luck. Carrying Aerial Ace on every team is partly strategic, but it's way too situational to bear any fruit.

It's all to balance the game.

okay, what are you not getting? I said "it doesn't matter if it gets TEN speed boosts, it's not going to get so fast that it's speed stat loops around and you get 3 or 4 moves per turn" so by the logic of banning blaziken, EVERY pokemon faster than Shuckle should be banned just in case someone wants to use Shuckle. How do I explain why Blaziken gets banned in my post? It's faster. Why is that an issue big enough to ban it? You're not explaining the situation at all. Basicially once it is faster than your pokemon Speed boost no longer has any advantage, and if you sent out a pokemon that was slower than blaziken in the first place, Speed Boost would have ZERO advantage at all. (blaziken is already faster, so there's no bonus. HUNDREDS of pokemon are faster than HUNDREDS of others. None of that explains why Blaziken is banned)

And the fact that you think Aerial Ace is the only counter to Double Team just illustrates my point that the sites that ban this, that and the other can't really be that good over all because no one really examines how to counter things properly, they just go "Oh, my five pokemon with Earthquake, subsititute, Thunderbolt and Flamthrower can't counter a Sentret with double team, so ban!" like I said, there's lots of ways to counter double team:

Odor Sleuth, Foresight (and the moves like it that negate evasion moves)
Aerial Ace, Magical Leaf, Swift, Shadow Punch, Faint Attack, Shock Wave, Aura Sphere, Vital Throw and whatever other no miss moves I'm forgetting
Haze and the other moves that eliminate stat increases (yes, Double Team raises evasiveness, which is a stat that can be affected by Haze)
Whirlwhind, Roar (which if I remember correctly, kicks the pokemon out of battle, so when it comes back, the DoubleTeam bonus has to start all over again)
Mind Reader and the other guaranteed next hit moves

There's TONS of counters to it, and that's why I like to battle with people that might pull moves out of left field, the whole point of battling teams is to try and anticipate and be prepared for whatever the other team might throw at you, not make them use a pre approved team with pre approved moves so that you know what specific pokemon and moves you need to counter just those specific pokemon and moves they are allowed to use.

252 atk/100 hp/106 speed

flare blits
dragon dance
outrage

Well, it has a 4X weakness against Rock moves, so I would personally go with Earthquake just to counter the Rock type users.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

252 atk/100 hp/106 speed

flare blits
dragon dance
outrage

If I were you, I'd just use max Attack/max Speed on Charizard X.

For the last move, use Roost to compensate for the lack of Leftovers recovery. Earthquake is a valid option to hit Heatran (post-Bank, and to a lesser extent, Carbink) hard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

252 atk/100 hp/106 speed

flare blits
dragon dance
outrage

If I were you, I'd just use max Attack/max Speed on Charizard X.

For the last move, use Roost to compensate for the lack of Leftovers recovery. Earthquake is a valid option to hit Heatran (post-Bank, and to a lesser extent, Carbink) hard.

In addition to that, you should also replace Flare Blitz with Fire Punch. This move won't be available to Charizard until PokéBank gets released though, so you'd have to be patient and wait a bit. Flare Blitz is an amazing move, but you'll hurt yourself a ton due to recoil after each use, which, if you ask me, is just not worth it. If you like, you could replace Outrage with Dragon Claw as well. :b

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In addition to that, you should also replace Flare Blitz with Fire Punch. This move won't be able to Charizard until PokéBank gets released though, so you'd have to be patient and wait a bit. Flare Blitz is an amazing move, but you'll hurt yourself a ton due to recoil after each use, which, if you ask me, is just not worth it. If you like, you could replace Outrage with Dragon Claw as well. :b

Charizard X loses out on a lot of power when it opts for Fire Punch. I'd rather have Flare Blitz because of its raw power. It can always mitigate the recoil damage with Roost. :P

Years
Hi, I am not sure this question is already answered since I have already searched the forum and outside the forum, but no exact solution solved it.

I have been able to battle/trade/chat with friends over the internet, but just recently, every time I try to trade or battle over the internet, I keep getting a communication error. While seeking a partner for battle or wonder trade, it'll just say "Oh, we couldn't find you a partner." But, when I try with a FC registered friend, or if I try to request a passerby and they accept, I always get the following error: "Failed to connect with the other trainer, please start again from the beginning."

May I know if any known players encountered this problem and solved it? Please kindly advise because I am having great issue here...and hopefully your solution can also help other players who encountered the same problem.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Hi, I am not sure this question is already answered since I have already searched the forum and outside the forum, but no exact solution solved it.

I have been able to battle/trade/chat with friends over the internet, but just recently, every time I try to trade or battle over the internet, I keep getting a communication error. While seeking a partner for battle or wonder trade, it'll just say "Oh, we couldn't find you a partner." But, when I try with a FC registered friend, or if I try to request a passerby and they accept, I always get the following error: "Failed to connect with the other trainer, please start again from the beginning."

May I know if any known players encountered this problem and solved it? Please kindly advise because I am having great issue here...and hopefully your solution can also help other players who encountered the same problem.

have you updated the patch to version 1.2? (on the file select screen you will see your version number in the bottom right of the bottom screen)

Years
have you updated the patch to version 1.2? (on the file select screen you will see your version number in the bottom right of the bottom screen)

yes updated, I even did a factory reset to see if it is due to region (as problem occurred since I changed region), but apparently problem persists and I lost all my FCs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back