• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Raining Cats And Dogs - The Feline and Canine Pokemon Club [V2.0]

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
It's Raining Cats And Dogs!
The Feline and Canine Pokemon Club V2.0

LxERsgm.png

Welcome to PC's very own feline/canine pokemon club! Love talking about your prized Skitty or how cool the canine pokemon you caught is? Then this is the club for you! We talk about all pokemon based off canines and felines whether big or small.

Rules

1. Follow all forumwide and Pokemon Club rules.
2.To join the club, fill in the sign up form listed below. An example is included if you get stuck.
3. Upon signing up, a person may choose any two pokemon from the partner list and give them nicknames if they wish.
4. Try and stay active! To keep the club going, discussion is encouraged whilst waiting or answering a new topic.
5. To shown you've read the rules, say either woof or meow in your sign up post.
6. Have fun!

Username:
Partner Pokemon(s):
Answer the current topic:​

Example:
Spoiler:

Partner Pokemon

Here are the pokemon you can choose from! Please let me know if you think I've left anything out. Remember that canines and felines are not only limited to cats and dogs but also species like wolves, foxes and big cats.

Spoiler:

Member List

Spoiler:

Current Topic: Raikou, Suicune and Entei have been argued as legendary cats and legendary dogs. Which do you think they resemble more and why?​

Past Topics:
Spoiler:

'It's Raining Cats And Dogs - The Feline/Canine Pokemon Club' was previously made by Zayphora. Couldn't think of a creative enough title so I borrowed the name, hence the V2.0!​

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon(s): Houndoom and Vaporeon

Which one do you prefer - canine or feline pokemon?

Despite being a cat guy irl, I actually prefer canine Pokémon because they tend to be stronger and more intimidating.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
Username: TheFlygon
Partner Pokemon(s): Arcanine and Absol

Also Woof, woof I'd really like to join the club

Personally I prefer canine pokemon, although in real life I'm more for the felines, I generally think canines are more better, have better attacks, and just generoully looks better than most feline pokemon

Sirfetch’d

Partner Pokemon:
058.png
359.png
Both of these just kind of hold a special place in my heart for nostalgia reasons!

I am a cat person in real life, but I actually prefer canine Pokemon! Maybe it's because there are more to choose from or maybe it's because there hasn't been a cat Pokemon to truly stand above the rest. I love them all though so it really is tough to choose D:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
omg sophie pokemon is still pokemon in plural

Also yaaay, really missed this club. We used to have one around that was fairly active iirc, though it eventually became inactive :(

Username: Pidgey
Partner Pokemon:
228.png
245.png

Like the two above, I'm definitely a cat person, though when it comes to Pokemon, I tend to favour the canine Pokemon a lot more. I don't know if it's just because they typically appear stronger, but I find myself liking Pokemon such as the Growlithe, Houndour and Lilipup lines way more than I do for example the Meowth or Purrloin lines. Out of the felines, I do like the Shinx line a lot though. I really like the design and the progression you see in the evolution, and I used one the first time I played through Diamond and reall liked it. It was named Anton after a kitten the friend whom I was playing through it with had just gotten :3

But yeah, in general I really like both, and I do often find myself including one on my team in playthroughs :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon(s): Houndoom and Vaporeon

Despite being a cat guy irl, I actually prefer canine Pokémon because they tend to be stronger and more intimidating.

Hey Wicked, welcome to the club!

I agree! I love cats in real life more than I like dogs but when it comes to pokemon, it's the total reverse. I've always just found canine pokemon to seem tougher and more intimidating than the typical house cats they seem to like creating with feline pokemon. And while the latter's certainly the more elegant and realistic out of the two, I'd have to say that canine > feline pokemon's probably the way to go.

Houndoom and Vapreon are awesome partners, the former especially. Have you used either of them in-game? I've been meaning to use Vaporeon as it's the only eeveelution outside of Glaceon that I haven't tried yet and Houndoom's always been my MVP since I played Platinum for the first time. What about you? :]

Username: TheFlygon
Partner Pokemon(s): Arcanine and Absol

Also Woof, woof I'd really like to join the club

Personally I prefer canine pokemon, although in real life I'm more for the felines, I generally think canines are more better, have better attacks, and just generoully looks better than most feline pokemon

Hi there Flygon! Your partners are amazing as well, Arcanine's my favourite pokemon of and I've always loved how cool Absol was! Which one of them do you prefer? I honestly like Arcanine a lot due to its mix between a tiger and one of those huge pet dogs you'd see in the real world though Absol's also a really interesting pokemon as it's often misunderstood as a disaster bringer.

I think that's actually what a lot of people have answered, looking at the replies! I agree with you though, canines seem to have the better stats and advantage in battle compared to felines. I think a lot of it comes from dogs generally being stronger than cats in real life though. When it comes to comparing their designs, I've always liked both equally but for different reasons. Cat pokemon seem to be more graceful and elegant while canines are usually rough and intimidating. But both of them have really good traits to them so yeah. Anyway welcome, hope to see you around! :)

Username: Castform

Partner Pokemon:
058.png
359.png
Both of these just kind of hold a special place in my heart for nostalgia reasons!

I am a cat person in real life, but I actually prefer canine Pokemon! Maybe it's because there are more to choose from or maybe it's because there hasn't been a cat Pokemon to truly stand above the rest. I love them all though so it really is tough to choose D:

Hey hey Jelli! I'm so proud of you for picking Growlithe. <3

What do you like about Absol though? Lots of people seem to like its design though I've heard that it has some great stats as well. I think it's also unique in the sense that Absol's technically a 'guardian angel' as it warns people of oncoming disasters. Shame that it gets mistaken for the cause of it but the title of a 'catastrophe pokemon' is one I've always found really cool so I can't complain too much!

And hey join the club! I think canines feel more unique in terms of there being more options and a lot more range of types so I can see where you're coming from. But yeah, welcome!

omg sophie pokemon is still pokemon in plural

MY LIFE IS A LIE

Username: Pidgey
Partner Pokemon:
228.png
245.png

Like the two above, I'm definitely a cat person, though when it comes to Pokemon, I tend to favour the canine Pokemon a lot more. I don't know if it's just because they typically appear stronger, but I find myself liking Pokemon such as the Growlithe, Houndour and Lilipup lines way more than I do for example the Meowth or Purrloin lines. Out of the felines, I do like the Shinx line a lot though. I really like the design and the progression you see in the evolution, and I used one the first time I played through Diamond and reall liked it. It was named Anton after a kitten the friend whom I was playing through it with had just gotten :3

But yeah, in general I really like both, and I do often find myself including one on my team in playthroughs :D

Hey Olli! Didn't think that birds and cats got along well in real life but if it works for you then that's great! I think everyone's so far agreed with you on that, it's very strongly canine > feline pokemon at the moment. I actually think Meowth's one of the more lovable cat pokemon due to its appearance in the anime though I definitely agree that I heavily favoured pokemon such as Growlithe and Houndour. They were cooler, if that makes sense? Like you don't see many fire cats or electric ones but with canines you've got dark, fire, electric and so on. Cat pokemon are great though, don't get me wrong.

Ayy Shinx. Another one of my pokemon from my original Platinum! I love the Shinx line as well, it goes from an adorable cub to a terrifying electric lion. I didn't realise it was a lion till a few years later though, guess I'm really slow. :(

Also your partners are cool! Any specific reason behind choosing them? I had a Suicune figurine when I was younger though it got buried somewhere. I really liked how interesting it was a legendary though. :]

Sirfetch’d

Hey hey Jelli! I'm so proud of you for picking Growlithe. <3

What do you like about Absol though? Lots of people seem to like its design though I've heard that it has some great stats as well. I think it's also unique in the sense that Absol's technically a 'guardian angel' as it warns people of oncoming disasters. Shame that it gets mistaken for the cause of it but the title of a 'catastrophe pokemon' is one I've always found really cool so I can't complain too much!

And hey join the club! I think canines feel more unique in terms of there being more options and a lot more range of types so I can see where you're coming from. But yeah, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! [:

As for Absol, I just really find the whole disaster Pokemon concept to be very interesting. Absol doesn't look like something that would forewarn a disaster necessarily :o I have many fond memories of using this unique guy in my Ruby playthroughs. It has super cool stats, a fun type, and just got a cool mega evo! I too wish though it wasn't mistaken as the cause of the disasters haha. Have you ever tried using Absol? It's really fun!

milk!

oh yeah!
Years
Cute club!!

Username: Milk!
Partner Pokemon(s): Furfrou, Growlithe
Answer the current topic: Which one do you prefer - canine or feline pokemon?

Dogs! I love dogs so much! Every dog Pokemon is just so adorable and strong. It's great seeing all kind of dogs represented in Pokemon- Poodles, Hyenas, Yorkshire Terriers... It's awesome!

Wicked3DS

Years
Houndoom and Vapreon are awesome partners, the former especially. Have you used either of them in-game? I've been meaning to use Vaporeon as it's the only eeveelution outside of Glaceon that I haven't tried yet and Houndoom's always been my MVP since I played Platinum for the first time. What about you? :]

I used Houndoom recently in a Platinum playthrough and it was pretty strong, I think that's the first time I got to use one on a team. Vaporeon I've used many times playing FireRed since it's a pretty hard hitting Water-type, even though it's a bit slow.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: meow woo-I mean Squirrel
Partner Pokemon(s): Leafy the Leafeon & Glacier the Glaceon

I prefer dogs irl and as for in-game I prefer... which ones are foxes again? I love foxes, they're so cool and majestic and really impressive animals. All of the fox Pokémon that exist are really awesome designs and I especially love the Eevee line - no surprise there when they're all so cute and fluffy, eh? Glaceon was my favourite eeveelution for a while because it was a really cool Pokémon concept with a stunning design, but since my boyfriend bought a Leafeon plushie for me I've found the Pokémon to be so damn cute and it has a really cool playstyle too. Definitely my two favourite canines/felines in the games :D

Hey I think Sylveon, Glaceon and Leafeon are missing from the OP btw!

Years
Great club.

Also THANK YOU for letting us take 2 Pokemon. I refused to join many clubs cos I have a constant problem of choosing only one Pokemon but at least this one is a bit easier.
I love Mightyenas but two guys go upfront.

Username: Sven
Pokemon: Umbreon and Arcanine
I never had a dog and I always had cats so I you could say I'm a cat person, but irl Im somewhere in between. I equally love black cats and huskies, hence why Umbreon and Arcanine are my favorites.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Cute club!!

Username: Milk!
Partner Pokemon(s): Furfrou, Growlithe
Answer the current topic: Which one do you prefer - canine or feline pokemon?

Dogs! I love dogs so much! Every dog Pokemon is just so adorable and strong. It's great seeing all kind of dogs represented in Pokemon- Poodles, Hyenas, Yorkshire Terriers... It's awesome!

Hi Milk, welcome! I love both Furfrou and Growlithe, they're adorable choices! Though I haven't used the former, I've always found it really cute that you could customize Furfrou to have different designs like so.

Spoiler:

I personally love the Egyptian looking one the most - what about you? As for how it performs in battle, that's something I've never seen but personally I think it'd be a great pokemon for contests, pageants etc! It's apparently also a good form of exercise with rich guys making you run around their garden for them so all the better. It's a great pokemon and one I've always really liked.

And yeah! I love how many dog breeds they've used for pokemon though I didn't realise some pokemon like Shaymin-S were based off canines. I did once people pointed them out but it's kinda cool thinking about where all the designs for these pokemon come from.

Username: meow woo-I mean Squirrel
Partner Pokemon(s): Leafy the Leafeon & Glacier the Glaceon

I prefer dogs irl and as for in-game I prefer... which ones are foxes again? I love foxes, they're so cool and majestic and really impressive animals. All of the fox Pokémon that exist are really awesome designs and I especially love the Eevee line - no surprise there when they're all so cute and fluffy, eh? Glaceon was my favourite eeveelution for a while because it was a really cool Pokémon concept with a stunning design, but since my boyfriend bought a Leafeon plushie for me I've found the Pokémon to be so damn cute and it has a really cool playstyle too. Definitely my two favourite canines/felines in the games :D

Hello meo woo- I mean Squirrel!

Foxes are... canines, I think? Don't actually remember but I'll check that later! I've loved and used Leafeon though I didn't ever end up replaying for Glaceon. And aw I wish someone would gift me eeveelution plushies, I had to use my own money for Jolteon! That's really cute though, have you ever considering getting Glaceon and possibly other eeveelutions as well?

Glad you joined by the way! Had no idea that you had it in you to like animals other than squirrels. ;]

Hey I think Sylveon, Glaceon and Leafeon are missing from the OP btw!

OOPS. Thanks, will add them now!

q0m09w9z7mkc.gif

Great club.

Also THANK YOU for letting us take 2 Pokemon. I refused to join many clubs cos I have a constant problem of choosing only one Pokemon but at least this one is a bit easier.
I love Mightyenas but two guys go upfront.

Aw no problem, glad I could make things a bit easier! I had trouble choosing between my partners as well so no worries. Your choices are all really cool, by the way! :]

Username: Sven
Pokemon: Umbreon and Arcanine
I never had a dog and I always had cats so I you could say I'm a cat person, but irl Im somewhere in between. I equally love black cats and huskies, hence why Umbreon and Arcanine are my favorites.

Ahh Umbreon and Arcanine! Two pokemon I've loved using with one of them being my favourite mon of all time. I've always loved black cats and huskies too though my love for Arcanine came from the tigerish aspect honestly. They're both very cool pokemon though and Umbreon's always been really mysterious and interesting to me.

Anyway since we've got quite a few people now, how about a new topic? As for the previous discussion, it looks like all of you preferred canine over feline pokemon so we'll be talking about them next!

In your opinion, what's the strongest canine pokemon? On the contrary, who do you think is the weakest?

I'll be sure to get some more discussion that compares the two but for now feel free to answer the above topic! I'll also throw in the same topic with felines later though it'll be in two or three topics as opposed to straight after. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I had to use my own money for Jolteon!
PICS PLZ

That's really cute though, have you ever considering getting Glaceon and possibly other eeveelutions as well?
Omg yes I want them all soooo badly, I have a huge plushie collection and these would be amazing additions ♥ Unfortunately I'm kinda poor right now so they will have to wait!

In your opinion, what's the strongest canine pokemon? On the contrary, who do you think is the weakest?
Are we talking about in-game or just as general Pokémon? I'll go with the latter and say Smeargle - he has the power to learn literally any attack he sees and replicate it with perfect precision, and is able to do this so many times throughout his life as a Pokémon. It's pretty astonishing if you think about it - what other Pokémon can use Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Seed Flare and Roar of Time all in one moveset? Very impressive Pokémon haha.

As for the weakest, I guess I'll go with Poochyena. As much as I adore that little cutie he really isn't blessed in the strength department and doesn't really have any notable talents to boast - he hardly even makes use of his own cool typing which is a big shame for a Pokémon with such an awesome concept. He does gain some fair strength when he evolves but unfortunately even Mightyena isn't overly powerful which is a big let-down for one of my favourite Pokémon haha.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Spoiler:

Are we talking about in-game or just as general Pokémon?

Up to you really. You can talk about your opinion from a competitive, in-game or general standpoint. If you think x canine is strong because its appearance makes it seem that way than you're welcome to use that as a reasoning. Interpret it however you'd like!

I'll go with the latter and say Smeargle - he has the power to learn literally any attack he sees and replicate it with perfect precision, and is able to do this so many times throughout his life as a Pokémon. It's pretty astonishing if you think about it - what other Pokémon can use Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Seed Flare and Roar of Time all in one moveset? Very impressive Pokémon haha.

Smeargle! I think it's really cool how it has access to every single move coded in the game as well though I wouldn't say it's the strongest. It's definitely a very impressive pokemon though its stats are rather awful to prevent it from becoming a legendary. Also am I the only one jealous of the fact that it can literally just pull out its notebook, sketch and learn a move like that? If real life worked like that, I'd be out of school by now and making money. :(

As for the weakest, I guess I'll go with Poochyena. As much as I adore that little cutie he really isn't blessed in the strength department and doesn't really have any notable talents to boast - he hardly even makes use of his own cool typing which is a big shame for a Pokémon with such an awesome concept. He does gain some fair strength when he evolves but unfortunately even Mightyena isn't overly powerful which is a big let-down for one of my favourite Pokémon haha.

Yeah I was actually really disappointed with how lackluster the Poochyena family was haha. For such a fierce-looking pokemon, I just dropped it halfway through ORAS it was becoming a hassle to train with no real use for it. I love its design and it certainly looks like one of the toughest canines when asked to choose based on design but otherwise, it was surprisingly weak. Hopefully they give it a mega or something else that makes it more like its appearance!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
In my opinion one of the strongest canines would have to be arcanine I mean it WAS going to be a legendary in gen 1 but they changed it to moltres to fit the bird theme they have going on better. In my opinion one of the weakest canines would be poochyena due to it being a early ' route 1 ' pokemon.

milk!

oh yeah!
Years
I personally love the Egyptian looking one the most - what about you?

Actually I like classic vanilla Furfrou the most! It's other designs are pretty cool but I think normal Furfrou is the cutest. <3 Shiny Furfrou is very cute too!

Years
Ahh Umbreon and Arcanine! Two pokemon I've loved using with one of them being my favourite mon of all time. I've always loved black cats and huskies too though my love for Arcanine came from the tigerish aspect honestly. They're both very cool pokemon though and Umbreon's always been really mysterious and interesting to me.

You're right about the tiger thing.
Mightyena remind me of huskies/wolves so that's why it's my third favorite.

I am not sure why I love Arcanine so much. Few years ago it wasnt in my top 50, it happened pretty much out of nowhere. I think cos of an anime/comics/games, I really dont even remember lmao. I can imagine him irl though, but with more of a wolf kind of a pointed snout. And it's fur wouldn't be too curly, ofc ^^

Wicked3DS

Years

Smeargle is probably the weakest. Despite being able to learn every move, it has pretty terrible stats, so it's not going to do much damage aside from being a Baton Passer.

The strongest would probably be Lucario. When you consider its stats, its Mega Evolution, and the wide movepool it has, it can wreak absolute havoc on any team in a number of different ways.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
In my opinion one of the strongest canines would have to be arcanine I mean it WAS going to be a legendary in gen 1 but they changed it to moltres to fit the bird theme they have going on better.

Ayy, Arcanine! While it does make sense for them to use Moltres, I could probably see Arcanine replacing a pokemon like Entei if it were to become a legendary. I actually think it's outclassed by Houndoom if we're comparing the two though. Houndoom has more coverage with dark type moves, it's a dog from the depths of hell and it has 'tough' written all over it. Both of them are definitely strong though, there's no contestion about that.

In my opinion one of the weakest canines would be poochyena due to it being a early ' route 1 ' pokemon.

I think that's just a downfall of early route pokemon but yeah Poochyena was disappointing to say the least! It does look pretty tough design-wise though.

Actually I like classic vanilla Furfrou the most! It's other designs are pretty cool but I think normal Furfrou is the cutest. <3 Shiny Furfrou is very cute too!

I like Classic Furfrou the most as well! It's so simplistic while its other designs seem to end up clashing with its fur most of the time. I'm really happy they made a poodle pokemon though, they're really elegant. Am I the only one who thinks Furfrou would look adorable with fur over its eyes though? Might be just me but I like its design either way!

Also aah Shiny Furfrou. I wish there was an option that let you dye its fur though that'd kinda defeat its shiny form haha.

You're right about the tiger thing.
Mightyena remind me of huskies/wolves so that's why it's my third favorite.

I am not sure why I love Arcanine so much. Few years ago it wasnt in my top 50, it happened pretty much out of nowhere. I think cos of an anime/comics/games, I really dont even remember lmao. I can imagine him irl though, but with more of a wolf kind of a pointed snout. And it's fur wouldn't be too curly, ofc ^^

Mightyena actually reminds me of a werewolf even though their skeleton structures are nowhere near each other. It has a really cool design which is part of the reason why I like it even though its stats seem to fall flat compared to other canines. Definitely one of my favourites as well, wolves in general are very cool.

Haha that actually sounds a lot like how I came across Arcanine! Except before Arcanine, Houndoom was my favourite pokemon so I guess seeing another fire breathing dog was just an instant winner for me. I'd own one in real life in a heartbeat though, as cool as Houndoom is, Arcanine looks like a much better pet to take for a walk, play fetch and all that.

Smeargle is probably the weakest. Despite being able to learn every move, it has pretty terrible stats, so it's not going to do much damage aside from being a Baton Passer.

The strongest would probably be Lucario. When you consider its stats, its Mega Evolution, and the wide movepool it has, it can wreak absolute havoc on any team in a number of different ways.

Yeah Smeargle's definitely not top dog when it comes to stats. I really like that you can essentially give it whatever moveset you want though, it allows for covering holes in teams and can prove to be rather useful in its own way.

Lucario's a strong one! I've always felt like it was not only tough physically but also spiritually with examples being the Lucario movie and the ones Korrina own. Its title as an aura guardian makes it seem really tough as well. :]

Years
Username: Precous~Dark
Partner Pokemon(s): Ninetales & Sylveon
Answer the current topic:

Feline ^-^ I'm a cat-person (Actually I'm an animal-person... but I prefer cats over dogs.) A lot of my favourite Pokemon are Feline. I'm always looking forward to new Feline Pokemon. I like some of the Canine, but most of the feline.

Back