• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which many emulators of video games do you have?

Years
I think this is something i was thinking to talk about, so i am gonna start with how many do i have.
I have dolphin (nintendo wii emulator), zsnes (super nintendo emulator), nestopia (nes emulator), ePSXe (playstation emulator), project64 (nintendo 64 emulator), kega fusion (sega genesis emulator) and mame (arcade emulator), basically mameui.
Yeah, i have a lot of emulators, and you?
Which many you have?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Emulation is what got me into games. I've had almost every Nintendo emulator, with the ZNES being my favorite.
That's pretty much how I played Pokemon until the 3DS.

I've also used a PS2 emulator, though I lost it when I had to reset my PC and it was too complicated to get back, especially since I finally just bought a real console.

Years
Emulation is what got me into games. I've had almost every Nintendo emulator, with the ZNES being my favorite.
That's pretty much how I played Pokemon until the 3DS.

I've also used a PS2 emulator, though I lost it when I had to reset my PC and it was too complicated to get back, especially since I finally just bought a real console.

The ps2 emulator you are talking about is the pcsx2 right?
My favorite nintendo emulator is the zsnes too but i like the other nintendo emulators too.
I also wanna ask, did the games you played in the ps2 emulator lagged?
Like, did the games lagged at your pc?
Also i love that the vba (visual boy advance) can play both game boy, color and advance.
Also did you know the 3ds emulator citra?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Drastic, which is a phone app for $5 is probably the best emulator I've ever used. It plays DS games well even on my old low end phone.

Other than that, I use home-brew on Wii for everything, even for Gameboy.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
The ps2 emulator you are talking about is the pcsx2 right?
My favorite nintendo emulator is the zsnes too but i like the other nintendo emulators too.
I also wanna ask, did the games you played in the ps2 emulator lagged?
Like, did the games lagged at your pc?
Also i love that the vba (visual boy advance) can play both game boy, color and advance.
Also did you know the 3ds emulator citra?

Oh they got actually got one working? No, I didn't. I had to just buy a 3DS, haha.

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
Years
I have a bunch of emulators on my computer and my android phone.

* For NES, I use Mesen (I used to use UberNES for a time, but its started acting up a few months ago, so I had to scrap it for something else.
* For SNES, I use snes9x. A lot of people like to use ZSNES, but I noticed that ZSNES isn't compatible with some roms for whatever reason, such as Kirby's Avalanche, and it lacks netplay support (apart from an earlier version), so I had to go with a different emulator for the full experience.
* For the Game Boy family on the computer, I use, as basically everyone does, VisualBoyAdvance.
* For the Game Boy family on my phone, I use the MyBoy! series of emulators. MyBoy! runs GBA, and MyOldBoy! runs GB/C, both cost around 3 bucks, making the total value sale around 6 dollars. Both are probably the best emulators on the Android store: they're easy to use, can play pretty much every game, quite customizable to suit your needs, all for an easy-to-pay price. They even utilize the phone's motion sensing capabilities to allow games such as Kirby's Tilt-n'-Tumble and WarioWare: Twisted to function without an extra patch!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Ok, but the real question here is that, did some ps2 games on pcsx2 run well on your pc?

I wanted to play a handful of games. One was the Berserk game that was only in Japanese, which did work, and the others were the PS2 exclusive GTA's, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, neither of which worked.

I could download either of those now on my PS3 and I have LCS on my phone, actually.

Years
I wanted to play a handful of games. One was the Berserk game that was only in Japanese, which did work, and the others were the PS2 exclusive GTA's, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, neither of which worked.

I could download either of those now on my PS3 and I have LCS on my phone, actually.

Oh ok, and more when i tried to play mortal kombat deadly alliance, deception and armageddon in the pcsx2, no success result, all of them lagged so hard, not even the gta san andreas had run so well, but...why i did i need it since i already have gta sa in my pc, i think the only game that i runned on pcsx2 that didn't lag that much is jackie chan adventures.
Did you tried running mortal kombat deadly alliance, deception and armageddon in the pcsx2?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Oh ok, and more when i tried to play mortal kombat deadly alliance, deception and armageddon in the pcsx2, no success result, all of them lagged so hard, not even the gta san andreas had run so well, but...why i did i need it since i already have gta sa in my pc, i think the only game that i runned on pcsx2 that didn't lag that much is jackie chan adventures.
Did you tried running mortal kombat deadly alliance, deception and armageddon in the pcsx2?

I told you, the ones I listed were the only ones I cared to try. And some worked, others didn't.

The ones that worked were a bit laggy most of the time, but still playable. No clue if it was the emulator or if my PC just wasn't good enough.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Visual Boy Advance, Dolphin, and epscx or however it's spelled lol (GBA, Wii/GC and PSX respectively). Oh, and DOSbox and Anex86 (DOS and PC-98) Used to have an NES emulator but Idk what happened to it lol. I don't really use emulators a ton, I only use them for games I already own or games that are pretty much impossible to get, mostly for streaming purposes (I have a wii capture card but it's in the other room so I can't use it without bringing my entire computer over rip)

Years
Visual Boy Advance, Dolphin, and epscx or however it's spelled lol (GBA, Wii/GC and PSX respectively). Oh, and DOSbox and Anex86 (DOS and PC-98) Used to have an NES emulator but Idk what happened to it lol. I don't really use emulators a ton, I only use them for games I already own or games that are pretty much impossible to get, mostly for streaming purposes (I have a wii capture card but it's in the other room so I can't use it without bringing my entire computer over rip)

Oh, nice job collecting emulators :).

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Listing would probably get complicated but among the things I have:

On PC (Linux):

Nestopia and FCEUX for NES
ZSNES and SNES9x for SNES
VBA-M and VisualBoyAdvance for Game Boy Advance
mupen64+Mpy64 for Nintendo 64
Desmume for Nintendo DS
ePSX for PlayStation
PPSPP for Playstation Portable
Dolphin for Gamecube
DOSBox for DOS emulation for when playing some classic DOS games
Handy for Atari Lynx
VICE for Commodore 64
Retroarch Stable for multiple consoles
Also used to have Winkawaks for Arcade, but it's been no longer working for a while

On 3DS:

SNES9xO3DS for SNES
TempGBA and mGBA for Game Boy Advance
TWLoader for Nintendo DS
Handy3DS for Atari Lynx
r3Ddragon for Virtual Boy
Pokémini3DS for Pokémon Mini
Retroarch Stable for multiple consoles

On PSP:

Daedalus for Nintendo 64
TempGBA and gpSP for Game Boy Advance

And then there's Steam for Windows which I have running on my Linux install, if it somehow counts as "emulation".

Back