• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From The PokéCommunity Staff: Hurricane Irma - Let Us Know

Years
Hurricane Irma, a category five storm large enough to cover all of Florida has hit the Caribbean islands and Florida itself is in its path. If you live in an area affected by the storm, please use this thread to let your friends on PC know you're alright and if you're a part of anything on-going here like an RP or mafia game, let us know that you won't be around so your spot is safe!

Edit: For anyone interested, you can also donate to support those affected by Hurricane Harvey here.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
From a hurricane survivor (Harvey) to another, best of luck and stay safe out there.

Please do not drive in floodwater. Please please please!!!

Last edited:
Years
Hot damn this Hurricane is a comin straight for me in Florida. Rip me. Almost guarenteed I'll lose power on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but I'll do my best to give y'all a heads up once the storm has passed!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
We're bracing for the storm here in Tampa. Just stay safe everyone.

Stay stay safe dude. I'm on the west coast of Florida right now as well.

My family made a last-minute decision to evacuate to the west coast (we have some friends here willing to let us in for some time), but the most recent hurricane projects look really bad where we are. We would be safe, but we wouldnt be able to get out because flooding, etc.

But at home (east coast) we are in direct danger. We are being screwed either way. We spent all day fortifying the home in any way possible, which is why i haven't been online. And there is a chance we get flooded despite us sealing all the outside doors with caulk.

School is already cancelled for Monday, but the way my area is gonna be hit, school is definitely going to be cancelled for longer.

My dad is super stressed and its making everything way worse. To make matters worse, his mom (my grandmother) is expected to die in the next couple days and we might not be able to make the funeral or even know about her death if we cant get any connection as a result of the hurricane.

Its really hard to understand what its like to be in these disasters just watching it on the news. I know this is obvious, but being directly affected by the hurricane is totally different.

Edit: ill keep you guys posted on what happens as best as I can

Last edited:
Years
Stay stay safe dude. I'm on the west coast of Florida right now as well.

My family made a last-minute decision to evacuate to the west coast (we have some friends here willing to let us in for some time), but the most recent hurricane projects look really bad where we are. We would be safe, but we wouldnt be able to get out because flooding, etc.
Where on the west coast are you, out of curiosity? Several counties here are either close to or have issued evacuations.

So far we have not been ordered to evacuate but I really do feel that's bound to happen tomorrow.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I live in Miami so it's gonna get pretty bad here by Saturday. Got the shutters up and the needed supplies. Gonna spend my birthday holed up in the house, but as long as we're safe it's all good.

Stay safe all my fellow Floridians!

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Where on the west coast are you, out of curiosity? Several counties here are either close to or have issued evacuations.

So far we have not been ordered to evacuate but I really do feel that's bound to happen tomorrow.

there has been a voluntary evacuation, but not a mandatory one

also i dont want to give locations, but south of Tampa. looking at a map, maybe 2 hours away, give or take 30-45 minutes depending on traffic i guess

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Even though I'm living in the place where there's no storm, I hope all of you in Florida are safe and sound, no matter what. Just hang in there, folks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Since Irma wants to go right up florida i may lose power which is only concerning the one mafia game im in.

Stay safe everyone!!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The forecast has the storm not directly hitting here in Miami, but we're already starting to feel it's effects. The wind is really blowing and the rain is starting to come down hard. Obviously, I still have power, but who knows for how long!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
i was just outside for some connection to make sure my friends not in florida are okay, but i had to use data

wifi was down for a while after my last post, but its up again now. this will probably actually be my final post for a while because the winds are starting to pick up and idk how long the wifi will last. its already been out once without it storming, so its bound to go down again.

i still have power as well, so i really should take that hot shower.

charge everything while you have power, and when you dont have power, PUT YOUR PHONE IN AIRPLANE MODE!!! it saves a TON of battery for when you will truly need it!

Years
I'm in Miami and I dunno, still looks pretty good out here. Wifi and electricity are still good for now.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
It does seem to be a pretty slow moving storm. Even here down south, it's just been rain and wind off and on throughout the day. We have been given a 7:00 pm curfew though.

Back