• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
1) No one seemed to answer my question so I'll ask again, does anyone know how to edit the background behind the prof and player during the intro on poke emerald. If its in Unzl then could you tell me the number/offset? Thanks a lot! I know how to edit the pics and everything, I just need the offset.
2) If I were to make a hack without gym leaders, then how would I enable you to do surf etc. at certain points in the game? Would I have to run the gym leader script without the battle or something. Sorry if this has been answered before, I did search

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
1) No one seemed to answer my question so I'll ask again, does anyone know how to edit the background behind the prof and player during the intro on poke emerald. If its in Unzl then could you tell me the number/offset? Thanks a lot! I know how to edit the pics and everything, I just need the offset.
2) If I were to make a hack without gym leaders, then how would I enable you to do surf etc. at certain points in the game? Would I have to run the gym leader script without the battle or something. Sorry if this has been answered before, I did search

Thanks in advance
1.|Hex Editor, Don't be lazy everyone should know how to do this, if you don't then go to "zel's Homemade Tutorials" in the documents/tutorials section.

2.|Just make New people, with scripts that either Activate Gym Badges, or Give HM's and Activates' badges. Simple.

~LOCKED/STICKIED~
kidding

Can someone tell me a list of Script commands for Gold using Irish Witch's Gold/Silver script Editor.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
The hex thing doesn't actually help me, thats for the big sprites during the opening sequence themselves, I mean the BACKGROUND behind the big sprites.
I wasn't very clear with Q2, what I meant was, how do you enable surf without giving you the badge.
Thanks anyway

Last edited:

boon

Normal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2007
Em... I did zel's tutorial for changing the hero and and herone
(zel's home made tutorials), all worked well expect for this:
pic1oo5.png
can sombody here help me please?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
The hex thing doesn't actually help me, thats for the big sprites during the opening sequence themselves, I mean the BACKGROUND behind the big sprites.
I wasn't very clear with Q2, what I meant was, how do you enable surf without giving you the badge.
Thanks anyway
1.|Hex Editor. Open VBA, play till the beginning(Oak Talk) Then go to tools > map Viewer, Press Bg 1, click on the color you want to change[Write The R(ed)G(reen)B(lue) Values Down], then go to Palette viewer. After that find the color you want to change in the first Row, Since I'm Nice I'll Write Down what to Search For)(and remember you have to switch it up: 7545 - 75 45 - 45 75 - 4575) it should be:
0000 2824 4A46 8D4E D056 135F 5667 996F DC77 → That is All the background colors
0000 2824 4A46 8D4E D056 135F 5667 996F DC77 1F7C 1F7C 6009 1F00 4665 FF7F 8410 → That is the whole row.
Now Search in hex editor and once you find it, You can Replace with other colors(NOTE 1) after that you hit save and you're finished.

NOTE 1 =: You can get different colors using A-Color(in the "Advanced Palette Editing" located within the documents and Tutorials section by: Semele)First open Paint, then Click a color then go to Colors → edit colors → Deine custom colors and click a color and at the bottom left corner they give you "R G B" Values. Put those values in A-color and it will give you a color and the "4-digit" hex value for it.
HAPPY NOW!!.
Can somebody here help me please?

That is just just a Glitch. Make sure you didn't edit anything else =3.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2007
RsBall dosen't seem to want to load the first 13 sprites of fire red, i try to dump the gfx and there still black, and this is vital due to the fact that i want to edit Fire Red... Am i doing something wrong?
sorry to ask again/

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Ok I need some help... is there a way to create an event where you can trade a Pokemon for antoher Pokemon but only if your Pokemon is a certain nature? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
help

I have a few questions:

1. How can I edit the hooen map?
2.How can I put items in the wild?
3.How can I make a trainer?

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I have a few questions:

1. How can I edit the hooen map?
2.How can I put items in the wild?
3.How can I make a trainer?

If by the Hoehn map you mean altering it so that you can fly to new location which you've created on a custom map I believe that there is a thread in Rom Hacking with info on this.

For the next two question have a look in Script Tutorials where you'll be able to find info on both Trainers and items. Might I recommend Foullump, zel or IrishWitch's tutorials.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Alright. I'm having a little trouble with pointer hacking in Pokemon Gold.

I find the text I want to change, doesn't really matter.

Question 1: Do I calculate the pointer on the first byte of the text, or the 00 before it?

Okay, I've tried both. I got the pointer for 181B8F(just an example, don't search for it)which is 5B 8F, right? Flip the bytes, 8F 5B, and I search 4C 8F 5B, 4C being the display text: 2 byte pointer code. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
script

Does somebody know what are the best programs for scripting and where to the download them?????

they shouldn't be so complicated because I am a noob!!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2008
hay this may already be answered but i cant find it how can i change the title screen name were it says ruby i wont to change it mystic because that is the name of my hack

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Does anyone happen to have an offset list for palette colors of the overworld tiles for Fire Red? I know that the water's EA1BEA, but I need to know things such as trees, buildings, etc.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Alright. I'm having a little trouble with pointer hacking in Pokemon Gold.

I find the text I want to change, doesn't really matter.

Question 1: Do I calculate the pointer on the first byte of the text, or the 00 before it?

Okay, I've tried both. I got the pointer for 181B8F(just an example, don't search for it)which is 5B 8F, right? Flip the bytes, 8F 5B, and I search 4C 8F 5B, 4C being the display text: 2 byte pointer code. Nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I think you'll have to ask Blazichu. There is a pointer calculator that comes with a program....I'm trying to remember....I think it's Hack-O-Matic for Gold version(a mapping program).
Can I help with your Gold hack, I can't Script, but I can map, text, palette hack, Title screen(Colors, not the Ho-Oh)Insert Graphics, and I can tell you to how to repoint map connections if you didn't already know.

My Question: If Scripting in Gold starts off with "4C" Then What About commands, how do you write them with Hex.
Thanks.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Umm, that IS the pointer calculator I used...

Well I'm not an experienced scripter, because I can't find the text pointers, which is where the rest of the script should be, but I'm using a document that someone, I can't remember who, posted awhile back in simple questions. I'll post it again for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back