ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #8951    
Old April 17th, 2009 (5:07 PM).
Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
Sitting by the back window
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: Best City OCE
    Age: 21
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 5,988
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cy-Chan View Post
    In theory. However, in practice, it's not just a case of repointing. The game only loads the amount of data required. Tag more onto the end? Doesn't load it.
    -headdesk-

    I knew there was more to it. >.
    __________________
    Brony represent.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #8952    
    Old April 17th, 2009 (5:46 PM).
    FireSlasher's Avatar
    FireSlasher FireSlasher is offline
    Beginner Hacker seeking help
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Location: Massachusetts
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lax
      Posts: 9
      How do you change the title screen on Pokemon Silver (the thing where Lugia's flying, im sstill novice)
      __________________
      This signature has been disabled.
      100px too wide
      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        #8953    
      Old April 17th, 2009 (7:42 PM).
      Beebles Beebles is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Gender:
        Posts: 8
        I've asked around a bit and gotten no sure answer, so I'm hoping it's okay that I ask this here.

        This question pertains to a Ruby version hack.

        Is it possible to create Pokedex entries for the 25 extra Pokemon slots? If so, how might I go about that?

        While I'm at it, is there is a flag or command I can add to a script that would activate the National dex?

        I appreciate in advance any help I could get!
          #8954    
        Old April 17th, 2009 (10:31 PM).
        0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
        0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
        Im comin' home...
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: Superjail Penitentiary
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Gentle
        Posts: 1,816
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Beebles View Post
        I've asked around a bit and gotten no sure answer, so I'm hoping it's okay that I ask this here.

        This question pertains to a Ruby version hack.

        Is it possible to create Pokedex entries for the 25 extra Pokemon slots? If so, how might I go about that?

        While I'm at it, is there is a flag or command I can add to a script that would activate the National dex?

        I appreciate in advance any help I could get!
        The National Pokedex for pokemon Ruby Version can only be activated 2 ways...

        Trading with FR version, OR, using a Gameshark / Action Replay code.
        __________________
        >Boot Jailbot
        >Pass *****
        .
        .
        Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
        Greetings Warden
        of Superjail Penitentiary
        Awaiting user input...

        >Display User_Info
        ╠══User Info══╣
        Username:
        0m3GA ARS3NAL
        Age: 18
        Sex: Male ♂
        Race: Caucasian
        Quote:
        "What is this
        I don't even..."

        M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
        ╠══End of File══╣
        Awaiting user input...

        >
          #8955    
        Old April 18th, 2009 (3:18 AM).
        howieho's Avatar
        howieho howieho is offline
        Beginner Rom Hacker
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Location: Confidential
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 22
          I somehow messed up brock's script, how could i reset it? (change it back to the original)
            #8956    
          Old April 18th, 2009 (3:35 AM).
          Pokepal17's Avatar
          Pokepal17 Pokepal17 is offline
          More cowbell~
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Oct 2008
          Location: Steeltown
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 1,517
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by howieho View Post
          I somehow messed up brock's script, how could i reset it? (change it back to the original)
          Rewrite the script or get a new ROM.
          __________________
          Pokémon Stardrop
            #8957    
          Old April 18th, 2009 (5:54 AM).
          howieho's Avatar
          howieho howieho is offline
          Beginner Rom Hacker
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Location: Confidential
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 22
            if i do that. i'll have to redo everything i've already edited right? or is there a way i can just replace that one?
              #8958    
            Old April 18th, 2009 (6:16 AM).
            Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
            Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
            hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bashful
              Posts: 3,487
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by howieho View Post
              if i do that. i'll have to redo everything i've already edited right? or is there a way i can just replace that one?
              Find the Brock Script in the clean Firered ROM, copy it into the edited one. I think that will work.
              __________________


              Temmie vibrates intensely.

              awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

              OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

              can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

              RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

                #8959    
              Old April 18th, 2009 (7:27 AM).
              Beebles Beebles is offline
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2009
                Gender:
                Posts: 8
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                The National Pokedex for pokemon Ruby Version can only be activated 2 ways...

                Trading with FR version, OR, using a Gameshark / Action Replay code.
                Ouch, that's a bummer. Is there a way to at least expand the Hoenn Dex to fit all the Pokemon? Though I suppose that would require the same method as adding 25 slots, which I'm still not sure if you can do.
                  #8960    
                Old April 18th, 2009 (8:02 AM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Beebles View Post
                Ouch, that's a bummer. Is there a way to at least expand the Hoenn Dex to fit all the Pokemon? Though I suppose that would require the same method as adding 25 slots, which I'm still not sure if you can do.
                Well, actually, I just learned of a way myself...
                Check HackMew's profile, it is in his VM's... first page.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #8961    
                Old April 18th, 2009 (9:32 AM).
                Beebles Beebles is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 8
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                  Well, actually, I just learned of a way myself...
                  Check HackMew's profile, it is in his VM's... first page.
                  Are you referring to this?
                  Quote:
                  @ Gamer2020 Pretty easy, indeed.

                  #org @start
                  writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
                  writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
                  writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
                  writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
                  end
                  I can't seem to get it to work.
                    #8962    
                  Old April 18th, 2009 (10:13 AM).
                  howieho's Avatar
                  howieho howieho is offline
                  Beginner Rom Hacker
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2009
                    Location: Confidential
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 22
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Marxvile View Post
                    Find the Brock Script in the clean Firered ROM, copy it into the edited one. I think that will work.
                    i tried that, didn't save somehow...
                      #8963    
                    Old April 18th, 2009 (12:04 PM). Edited April 18th, 2009 by grishnax.
                    grishnax's Avatar
                    grishnax grishnax is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2009
                      Location: Earth
                      Posts: 99
                      I can't seem to figure out how to insert script into my hack. I already checked out the tutorials, and I can't seem to find out how to do it. Since the conventional method didn't work, I figured out a way that creates a .buf file, but when I try to open my rom to load them into it, bufrite freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

                      On another topic, I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a revised .ini folder that is made so that the programs will be usable with a fire red rom?

                      Edit: For those of you who are wondering how I made the .buf file, here's how I did it:
                      1. Put the script into pokescript
                      2. Click encode
                      3. Select my fire red rom
                      That's how it creates a .buf file.
                        #8964    
                      Old April 18th, 2009 (12:40 PM).
                      Beebles Beebles is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2009
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 8
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by grishnax View Post
                        I can't seem to figure out how to insert script into my hack. I already checked out the tutorials, and I can't seem to find out how to do it. Since the conventional method didn't work, I figured out a way that creates a .buf file, but when I try to open my rom to load them into it, bufrite freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

                        On another topic, I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a revised .ini folder that is made so that the programs will be usable with a fire red rom?

                        Edit: For those of you who are wondering how I made the .buf file, here's how I did it:
                        1. Put the script into pokescript
                        2. Click encode
                        3. Select my fire red rom
                        That's how it creates a .buf file.
                        Try this:
                        -Write your script with Notepad and save it as a .rbc file.
                        -Right-Click the file and click the option that says "Compile Script". This opens Pokescript and Buf Rite to begin inserting your script.
                        -In the Buf Rite window, select all the script names and then go to File> Destination. Select your ROM and click OK.
                        -Now click the notebook icon, which should bring up the search window.
                        -Click the flashlight icon in this window and it will bring up addresses to which you can write your script. Pick the top one and press the reserve button. This closes the search window and applies addresses to each script.
                        -Now go to File> Burn. Things should click and whirr for a second, and then you will see the log.
                        -Click back to the Offsets tab and take note of the address next to the top scriptname; this is the address you'll need to use for the NPC/Map you're applying the script to.
                          #8965    
                        Old April 18th, 2009 (1:59 PM). Edited April 18th, 2009 by grishnax.
                        grishnax's Avatar
                        grishnax grishnax is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2009
                          Location: Earth
                          Posts: 99
                          What I meant by "the conventional method" is right-clicking and selecting compile script. I can't figure out how to get that option working.

                          Edit: I already tried the tutorials, and it didn't work, so don't suggest that.
                            #8966    
                          Old April 18th, 2009 (2:07 PM).
                          Beebles Beebles is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2009
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 8
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by grishnax View Post
                            What I meant by "the conventional method" is right-clicking and selecting compile script. I can't figure out how to get that option working.

                            Edit: I already tried the tutorials, and it didn't work, so don't suggest that.
                            You have to make sure that your file is a .rbc, otherwise it won't work as per normal. Be sure to set the "Save as Type" setting to "All Files", then label your script file with .rbc at the end.
                              #8967    
                            Old April 18th, 2009 (2:10 PM).
                            grishnax's Avatar
                            grishnax grishnax is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2009
                              Location: Earth
                              Posts: 99
                              I made sure that it was a .rbc file, and it still didn't work.
                                #8968    
                              Old April 18th, 2009 (9:05 PM).
                              onyx79's Avatar
                              onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                              Red Dead Revolver
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2009
                                Location: Orange Islands (=
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Modest
                                Posts: 503
                                hey I have some questions:
                                1.is that possible to take a missingo annd replace it with a dp pokemon and the pokemon will fight like a normal pokemom?
                                2.in advance map what is the meaning of tree pokemons?
                                3.is that possible to take a map from emerald and put her on firered?
                                  #8969    
                                Old April 18th, 2009 (9:37 PM).
                                Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                Sitting by the back window
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                                  Location: Best City OCE
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 5,988
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                                  hey I have some questions:
                                  1.is that possible to take a missingo annd replace it with a dp pokemon and the pokemon will fight like a normal pokemom?
                                  2.in advance map what is the meaning of tree pokemons?
                                  3.is that possible to take a map from emerald and put her on firered?
                                  1. Yes, although to get the sprite in, you'll need to figure out how to uncompress them from their strange Red/Blue compression. Ask Coolboyman how to fix their glitchiness.
                                  2. Stuff you find in Rock Smash Rocks.
                                  3. Yes, but some tiles will be missing, and probably make the map look retarded, unless you're using Emerald tiles. I'd just create it from scratch.
                                  __________________
                                  Brony represent.
                                    #8970    
                                  Old April 18th, 2009 (9:56 PM).
                                  Darthatron's Avatar
                                  Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                                  巨大なトロール。
                                  • Silver Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jan 2006
                                  Location: Melbourne, Australia
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 1,152
                                  If anyone has the offsets for the Emerald Move Tutor information, please PM it to me.
                                  __________________
                                  あなた は しきしゃ です
                                  わたし は ばか です
                                    #8971    
                                  Old April 18th, 2009 (9:57 PM).
                                  onyx79's Avatar
                                  onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                                  Red Dead Revolver
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                                    Location: Orange Islands (=
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Modest
                                    Posts: 503
                                    How can I do number 3?
                                    and where can I ask coolboyman?
                                      #8972    
                                    Old April 18th, 2009 (10:02 PM).
                                    Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                    Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                    Sitting by the back window
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2008
                                      Location: Best City OCE
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 5,988
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                                      How can I do number 3?
                                      and where can I ask coolboyman?
                                      Uh, before I answer, can I just ask why you're hacking both Red and Fire Red at the same time?
                                      __________________
                                      Brony represent.
                                        #8973    
                                      Old April 18th, 2009 (10:42 PM).
                                      Bl00dyBizkitz's Avatar
                                      Bl00dyBizkitz Bl00dyBizkitz is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Apr 2009
                                        Location: Kansas
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Gentle
                                        Posts: 23
                                        This question is going to be pretty broad, but I can't find a good place to ask it so I might as well try here.

                                        1. Where can I find tools that I can use to hack 1st generation Pokemon games?
                                        2. Also, if people are willing to help me this far, do you know of any useful tutorials for the recommended programs?

                                        I'm just starting out on hacking 1st generation and I can't find much help for it, so hopefully you guys can help me out.
                                        __________________
                                        My Youtube
                                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Bl00dyBizkitz


                                        It's pretty much Google but you get prizes just for searching!
                                          #8974    
                                        Old April 18th, 2009 (10:43 PM).
                                        onyx79's Avatar
                                        onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                                        Red Dead Revolver
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2009
                                          Location: Orange Islands (=
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Modest
                                          Posts: 503
                                          No I don't hack those games I have shiny gold,so I want to upgrade it with some hacks...
                                            #8975    
                                          Old April 19th, 2009 (12:36 AM).
                                          Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                                          Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                                          Sitting by the back window
                                             
                                            Join Date: Mar 2008
                                            Location: Best City OCE
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Bold
                                            Posts: 5,988
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by onyx79 View Post
                                            No I don't hack those games I have shiny gold,so I want to upgrade it with some hacks...
                                            Then...1. Why do you need DP Pokemon?
                                            2. There's no MissingNo. in Shiny Gold...
                                            3. Why edit Rock Smash Pokemon?
                                            4. Why do you need an emerald map in SG? It would screw up the events, and I'm taking it you probably aren't going to script.
                                            __________________
                                            Brony represent.
                                            Closed Thread

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:52 AM.