• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
hmmm i dont agree the bright tiles looks good.and thanks for a powerful hybrid as the starter.and u should make every single pokemons available in this game.coz i dont have to trade and the game has a bug.whenever i enter the saren city bus station my hero gos into the balck areas and hangs the game try to fix it.and the bus system sucks and do not replace they fly system coz in the fly way i can go to towns from anywhere.(try to replay my post as soon as possible.)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
hmmm i dont agree the bright tiles looks good.and thanks for a powerful hybrid as the starter.and u should make every single pokemons available in this game.coz i dont have to trade and the game has a bug.whenever i enter the saren city bus station my hero gos into the balck areas and hangs the game try to fix it.and the bus system sucks and do not replace they fly system coz in the fly way i can go to towns from anywhere.(try to replay my post as soon as possible.)
I'm taking out the bus system in Beta 3 because I feel like nobody even cares about it and is basically useless because of Fly. And thanks for the compliment.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
And another thing cant u change the main map????????becoz that u have changed the routes the main map doesnt seem to be working so try to fix that or else try to make the routes accurate to the map.and dont delete the bus system.since u will feature all the regions right????so in order to get to different regions u should make the bus system available to go to different regions.and this hack has won my heart (I usually never support hacks but this hack is kinda different

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
hey dude i just played beta 2, i must say your mapping and scripting is very smooth, but i personaly dont think that i like the mix of mew/pikachu, type wise electric/psychich its neet but the pokeon itself loooks for lack of better terms ***************. but since youve done well with your mapping and scripting i cant wait to see more, one other thing i didnt like that he gets the legendary right from the beggining and doesnt have to work on getting it. but its different than every other game :D

Sierraffinity

Years
And another thing cant u change the main map????????becoz that u have changed the routes the main map doesnt seem to be working so try to fix that or else try to make the routes accurate to the map.and dont delete the bus system.since u will feature all the regions right????so in order to get to different regions u should make the bus system available to go to different regions.and this hack has won my heart (I usually never support hacks but this hack is kinda different
The bus system will be deleted, and I will use another way of getting to every region.
hey dude i just played beta 2, i must say your mapping and scripting is very smooth, but i personaly dont think that i like the mix of mew/pikachu, type wise electric/psychich its neet but the pokeon itself loooks for lack of better terms ***************. but since youve done well with your mapping and scripting i cant wait to see more, one other thing i didnt like that he gets the legendary right from the beggining and doesnt have to work on getting it. but its different than every other game :D
Mikachu is no longer a legendary Pokémon. It is human-made, so it is one-of-a-kind, but not a legendary.

I shall be updating the screenshots soon. :>

Sierraffinity

Years
Hey, I was wondering, can I test Beta 3 for you?

I believe you have to apply for team positions at his team thread. :3
Yeah, well, I guess you'll have to sign up here since my team thread will be locked if anybody posts in it...
As soon as I get events in Lake Zigger sorted out, I'll send you the ips.

Sierraffinity

Years
Hello, everybody! New update:
Some of the story is (once again) being revamped and will have a fresh new plot.
DeathWish (aka Ray Maverick) helped me insert some new tiles and make some.
I'm using ZodiacDaGreat's RTC clock, so that means that D/N is coming soon! :D
EDIT: Also, more constant updates can be found on my Twitter page: twitter.com/diegoisawesome
Follow me today!

Last edited:

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
this is amazing, but in the screenshots, it syas you start with cyndaquil and you said you start with torchic

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm so sorry for the double post, but I have something HUGE to say:
Shining Opal is being restarted.
Yes, the game you know and love is calling it quits... but it's coming back with a vengeance!
We're having an RTC (interdpth), Day & Night (interdpth and ZodiacDaGreat), and features you may never have seen used before in a Pokémon game (JPAN).

So no worries, folks! Shining Opal will never die, no matter what happens! (unless I die first, lol :D)

Swimmer Ryan

Training Water Types Since '99
Years
Wow, I really have to say that is a great looking game. Probably the best tileset I've ever seen and it's such good quality game at the same time. Please keep going with this game.

Sorry for the double post but I really want to know, is this game still going, hasn't had a post in a month (apart from me)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sierraffinity

Years
Wow, I really have to say that is a great looking game. Probably the best tileset I've ever seen and it's such good quality game at the same time. Please keep going with this game.

Sorry for the double post but I really want to know, is this game still going, hasn't had a post in a month (apart from me)
Sorry about that! I've just had a lot of homework lately, and hacking took up the rest of my time, but I believe that it's finally time for updates!
Updates

Well, ever since the restart, I was working on remaking every script from scratch, importing old stuff into the new ROM, and everything. Now, I'm here to show you a progress report (and maybe some screenies ;)):

• Almost done with the new Lake Zigger and all of its events.
  • Reimported old maps, overworlds, backsprites, sprites, and all that good stuff.
  • Spiced up the storyline some and made it awesomer.
And now for the screenies!

shiningopalwarningscree.png
shiningopalbootscreen.png
shiningopaltitlescreen.png
shiningopalintro.png
shiningopalfastshipgold.png
shiningopaltimesetter.png

My fanbase is as extensive as ever, and that kept me going through the hard times.
Thanks again for all your support!

Last edited:

Swimmer Ryan

Training Water Types Since '99
Years
Sorry about that! I've just had a lot of homework lately, and hacking took up the rest of my time, but I believe that it's finally time for updates!
Updates

Well, ever since the restart, I was working on remaking every script from scratch, importing old stuff into the new ROM, and everything. Now, I'm here to show you a progress report (and maybe some screenies ;)):

• Almost done with the new Lake Zigger and all of its events.
  • Reimported old maps, overworlds, backsprites, sprites, and all that good stuff.
  • Spiced up the storyline some and made it awesomer.
And now for the screenies!

shiningopalwarningscree.png
shiningopalbootscreen.png
shiningopaltitlescreen.png
shiningopalintro.png
shiningopalfastshipgold.png
shiningopaltimesetter.png

My fanbase is as extensive as ever, and that kept me going through the hard times.
Thanks again for all your support!

The screenshots are nice, I'd defiantly want to see more, the only problem I have is with the title screen, the font just doesn't look good.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
it seems you haven't done much in your hack......have you got no maps of the game? because i don't want to download it if its not yet finished or far enough........

Back