• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm just getting back into FF14. I stopped playing after the first or second month since there was no content at all, but now that there is I know I can have a good time.

I made a new character just to refresh myself(currently a level 16 Lancer), and I'm on the Hyperion server.

Welcome back! >:3 how are you finding lancer? I haven't played any disciple of war classes yet but that seems the most intriguing to me.

Now lv 25 Arcanist (15 Botanist, 12 conjurer, and a few more) and pushing towards a Summoner role. Although I may go scholar, just for the short duty queues - all my stats have gone in INT though hm. :(

Zet

Years
Welcome back! >:3 how are you finding lancer? I haven't played any disciple of war classes yet but that seems the most intriguing to me.

Now lv 25 Arcanist (15 Botanist, 12 conjurer, and a few more) and pushing towards a Summoner role. Although I may go scholar, just for the short duty queues - all my stats have gone in INT though hm. :(
I'm finding lancer pretty good. And I became a marauder so I can get that up to level 15 so I can focus on getting to my job class quicker.

I put all my points into strength for Lancer, and I might go all vitality for marauder.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

That's actually ok. Scholar relies on Crit Healing more than base healing to go with its shield abilities. Your gear gives you more than enough Mind to increase your base healing. INT is fine as the bonus point use, Determination, and Crit Rate are what you need to look for in your healing armor as they increase the maximum range of your Crit Healing as well as up the chances you cause a crit heal. Scholars also have more MP than White Mages and have better MP management so even with lower base healing you can generate as much healing output as a White Mage. Plus you get two healing pets to use one at a time. Both have the same general healing skill while one is strictly healing and the other is a support pet for battles.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm finding lancer pretty good. And I became a marauder so I can get that up to level 15 so I can focus on getting to my job class quicker.

I put all my points into strength for Lancer, and I might go all vitality for marauder.

Oooh good plan :) I like switching class every now and again and playing different zones.

That's actually ok. Scholar relies on Crit Healing more than base healing to go with its shield abilities. Your gear gives you more than enough Mind to increase your base healing. INT is fine as the bonus point use, Determination, and Crit Rate are what you need to look for in your healing armor as they increase the maximum range of your Crit Healing as well as up the chances you cause a crit heal. Scholars also have more MP than White Mages and have better MP management so even with lower base healing you can generate as much healing output as a White Mage. Plus you get two healing pets to use one at a time. Both have the same general healing skill while one is strictly healing and the other is a support pet for battles.

That's good to know! I'm fast approaching lv 30 now, so the decision can be made soon ><.

I've also just got my own chocobo ^_^ KWEH!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Finally tanked Stone Vigil, it was the first dungeon I have had problems tanking but the mage I was with wasn't very good and people kept waking up slept mobs, Boss fights were the easiest part, normal mobs were a nightmare.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh god...the dark days of the Stone of Vigil. D=

I hate the Dragon's Cannon fight. That always gave me the most trouble. The other DPS would either never activate the cannons or the Healer would just sit there in a tornado.

Luckily they don't get much worse than that. Aurumvale I think is the worst ones in terms of mean bosses.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Got it as my duty roulette also today, it has helped me improve my gear though so I don't mind that, up to doing easy Garuda and should hit level 45 after I finish it. Getting into the game more and more the closer I get to 50, Looking forward to farming my gear.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ahhh I'm nowhere near those yet :< just hit level 30 and unlocked Scholar!~

I'm going to be a sucky healer - although saying that I was ace on the easy, lv 10 guilstheists :P.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Oh my god I'm so glad other people play this game. I own it for the PC but my Lalafell white mage is like the best healer ever and I love her :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oh my god I'm so glad other people play this game. I own it for the PC but my Lalafell white mage is like the best healer ever and I love her :)

Hurrah there is like... 5 of us?! XD And yet Limsa Lominsa is always so busyyy.

Which server do you play on, Moogles? >:3

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Hurrah there is like... 5 of us?! XD And yet Limsa Lominsa is always so busyyy.

Which server do you play on, Moogles? >:3

For the most part I play on Famfrit. Here is Mila! I also have a Roegaedyn pugilist on Famfrit. As well as a Mi'qote archer on Balmung and a Hume female marauder on Gilgamesh. You can have so many characters it's baaaaaaad lol. Once I get some money I should really renew my subscription.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
For the most part I play on Famfrit. Here is Mila! I also have a Roegaedyn pugilist on Famfrit. As well as a Mi'qote archer on Balmung and a Hume female marauder on Gilgamesh. You can have so many characters it's baaaaaaad lol. Once I get some money I should really renew my subscription.

Here is my character! Recently pronounced a Scholar <3.

He's on Gilgamesh so if you ever get back in to it and feel like taking your Marauder for a spin then hit me up! :P

Loving Scholar so far, soloing with Eos (so far) is leaving me worryingly overpowered though. Like, who cares if I have to fight close quarters now! >:3 /inflicts things /booms /constant healing

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Here's mine

I actually hate... one part of my armour now when i look at it, I'm sure I don't need to go into detail as to which part that may well be, I'm sure its very clear to see haha.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Wow I seem to craft/gather a lot compared to everyone else :L

GOOD NEWS! I survived my first dungeon as a Scholar! :D One person did die, but it was an unavoidable spike :< all good.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wow I seem to craft/gather a lot compared to everyone else :L

GOOD NEWS! I survived my first dungeon as a Scholar! :D One person did die, but it was an unavoidable spike :< all good.

You only have one more than me, that being leather worker, but I have more Magic Classes and a Marauder class leveled a bit. XD My crafting and gathering classes are higher than yours XP

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You only have one more than me, that being leather worker, but I have more Magic Classes and a Marauder class leveled a bit. XD My crafting and gathering classes are higher than yours XP

But but but - pretty high for a lv 30ish only-been-playing-three-weeks character right :< I kind of want to level Weaving up to lv 30 so I can dress myself... but after Velveteen I'm not sure I'll be able to hunt/gather the next thread. Might be a lost cause.

Also: over the 100,000 money mark! :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nice~

I have 500 k saved up for a guild house XD Need 1500k left XD

I also forget what is after velveteen since I haven't tried for any of the velvet items since they require a monster drop that I can't ever seem to get. TTwTT

....Oh Linen is next. Flax is easy to get. Fleece for the Woolen items may be a bit harder as I think only those sheep in Coethras drop Fleece and they are hunted often. Felt requires two monster drops....

Not all too too bad. May need to start working on my craftsman classes again soon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I also forget what is after velveteen since I haven't tried for any of the velvet items since they require a monster drop that I can't ever seem to get. TTwTT

....Oh Linen is next. Flax is easy to get. Fleece for the Woolen items may be a bit harder as I think only those sheep in Coethras drop Fleece and they are hunted often. Felt requires two monster drops....

Not all too too bad. May need to start working on my craftsman classes again soon.

The one you're thinking of is the Diremite Webs! To make Dew threads :3 They actually drop quite regularly, from the lv 28~ Banemites I was farming at least. Tend to get 6-8 in one drop too which isn't too shabby.

Flax sounds manageable - my botany level is quite high and I'm always working to further it - maybe I will be able to dress myself after all XD.

Next project: Level THM to 15 so I can do the Summoner quest ><. Levelling is so slow when I've already done the quests though, jussst about managing lv 10 levequests now though which should help. Just a bit repetitive.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You'll want to level THM to at least 26 so you can get Swift Cast from it as a cross class skill. Its almost mandatory and saves your skin more times than you'll be able to count.

Back