• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen POTATO JOURNEY through Soul Silver (feat. Aether and Raffy98!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
POTATO JOURNEY
Through Soul Silver

Trainer name: RIKA
Rivals: Raffa & Szymek
Badges: 0

Starting out with a potato. Aw, it's male. Let's name it pot- Chuck. It's name is Chuck. Chuck the Chikorita.

Plenty of Rattatas makes Chuck reach Lv 7 before Mr Pok?mon. Then we make our way back to Cherrygrove. The redhead we meet there is totally reminding us of Rabinov somehow, so his name is now RABS.

We crawl through grass and avoid catching pok?mon because we are cool (not because we don't have pok?balls yet) and then the police has the nerve to ask if we stole the Cyndaquil. NO. It was RABS.

Caught a Geodude on the road I'm not supposed to go to yet. Grinding time! All the way to Violet City, where we enter Sprout Tower before we realize we can maybe catch some more pok?mon and train here before the gym. Alas, there is no grass with Gastly in it! Didn't there use to be? We do not know anymore. No Gastly, at least. So female Geodude GERT will be our champ.

Time to take on the gym. But first we go to Ruins of Alph and meet two Unown that seem pretty bad. They do not deserve names.

Time to take on the gym. RIKA seems to be using plural pronouns today. Might it be because she knows, she knows that her rivals Raffa and Szymek are somewhere nearby? Thinking they are always one step ahead? Too bad, boys. This journal is up first!

Time. To take on the gym.

TEAM:

CHUCK the male Chikorita
Lv 11
- Tackle
- Growl
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder

GERT the female Geodude
Lv 9
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Mud Sport
- Rock Polish

Oh shit we might need a rock type move for this. Nah. We're probably good.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
POTATO JOURNEY
Through Soul Silver

Badges: 1

So we realized that we forgot to finish the Sprout Tower and went back to do it. Horrible place to train a Geodude in... CHUCK was fine though. Beat the elder and saw the rude RABS running past us.

The gym was a breeze (get it) thanks to GERT, and then we went onwards and caught the lovely Mareep called FLAT at last. I like Flaaffy. So we kept battling until I had a Flaaffy. Also a Bayleef.

Union Cave went smoothly and we came out alive on the other side. Although it was raining and GERT was apparently angry about that. Time to visit Azalea!

TEAM:

CHUCK the evolved Potato
Lv 16
- Tackle
- Synthesis
- Razor Leaf
- Poisonpowder

GERT the kawaii Geodude
Lv 14
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Rock Throw
- Rock Polish

FLAT the mighty Flaaffy
Lv 15
- Tackle
- Growl
- Thunder Shock
- Thunder Wave

GERT and FLAT should do fine against Bugsy... right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
POTATO JOURNEY
Through Soul Silver

Badges: 2

As we approached Azalea, Team Rocket were not at all looking suspicious outside of Slowpoke Well. So we healed up at the pok?mon center and thought we'd visit Kurt and have him do something nice with all the Apricorns we'd collected. Turns out he actually thought the Rockets were doing something bad, so off to Slowpoke Well he ran. Sigh. We had to follow him in order to get him to do those special balls. Turns out he hit himself tumbling down the well, so naturally we had to do all the fighting. It's ok though. We're strong. Team Rocket were chased away, Azalea was filled with Slowpokes, and I got a Fast Ball I think. Interesting.

Bugsy was a breeze with GERT and FLAT by my side, even if the spiders in the gym creeped us out. Hive badge get!

After that, we met the zebrahead, I mean redhead RABS who wanted to battle. No problem, beat him up easily.

Continuing into Ilex forest, the Farfetch'd puzzle was quite annoying for a while @_@ Finally got it though, and taught CUT to a weird little Oddish we found in the forest.

Outside of the forest, nice trainers to battle. Didn't visit the breeding grounds- I mean the daycare - should we?

Goldenrod was nice and big, reminds me of Jubilife City in Sinnoh. We went around and battled trainers in the Underground and also on the route to the north of the city. There, I also found an Abra which soon evolved into Kadabra (and her name is ASDF) and eventually also a Vulpix which was named VURG.

We also entered the bug catching contest and won! The winning entry was a Scyther which we called SCYRR. He's going on the team. Probably.

There was also a dude in Goldenrod with a Spearow he wanted me to deliver to some other dude. Heck naw, I'm keeping this birdy! KENYA the Fearow is now a thing.

It is the POTATO JOURNEY, but I'm already now retiring CHUCK the Bayleef to the PC. Sorry mate, we knew it wasn't going to last. Despite me being a Grass type myself pretty much, they just don't suit my team style. It's ok. I might teach him some HM moves and bring him along as a slave. Yay!

TEAM:

VURG the hippie Vulpix (f)
Lv 13
- Ember
- Roar
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack

SCYRR the lonewolf Scyther (f)
Lv 14
- Leer
- Focus Energy
- Pursuit
- False Swipe

FLAT the mighty Flaaffy (m)
Lv 19
- Tackle
- Growl
- Thunder Shock
- Thunder Wave

ASDF the shy Kadabra (f)
Lv 20
- Teleport
- Confusion
- Disable

Kenya the obnoxious Fearow (f)
Lv 21
- Mirror Move
- Fury Attack
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace

GERT the kawaii Geodude (f)
Lv 19
- Tackle
- Magnitude
- Rock Throw
- Rock Polish

Elm keeps calling. I think he wants us to come home with Togepi?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Explain the Potato thing and the names to me

also why is Vulpix a hippie

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Explain the Potato thing and the names to me

also why is Vulpix a hippie
Chikorita looks like a potato but it evolved and then I ditched it buuut the name stays lol.

Also Vulpix has a Relaxed nature and keeps stretching when I turn to talk to it. I somehow decided that makes it a hippie!

Back