174 posts
2.2 Years
I hope we get more screenshots soon!
Games I'm watching :Aeon/Misanthropy 2/Coral/Xi Arco/Saffron
Virion/Spectrum/Dark Energy/Discovery/Postscriptum/Floral Tempus/Conjure
Pheonix Rising/Life/Normal Version/CountryBalls/Sea Temple/Re_Imagined/
Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Jasper/Axis/Winds of Shadow
Sage/Unbound/Lilac

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

DrFuji

Heiki Hecchara‌‌

Age 26
Male
Aussie
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,602 posts
10 Years
Holy simoly, its been 6 months since I last updated this thing. I took some time off around the end of 2018/ beginning of 2019 as that's the busiest time of year for my work by far and to also judge HotY (which was fun, but damn long). In terms of Lilac though, I haven't made any major progression storywise. I've mainly been going over previous areas to spruce them up and to make the game flow better in terms of difficulty and progression. Its basically just been boring stuff that doesn't make for interesting screenshots or things you've already seen before, only tweaked slightly.

That being said, there has been one major change that may excite a few of you. During my downtime, I was brainstorming things to keep the game interesting and for it to not just be 'FR Hack #8807'. While it may be strange to do it when I've barely gotten past the first gym, its better to come up with this stuff now rather than later. After much umming and ahhing I've decided to introduce Fakemon into Lilac's Pokedex. While I'm sure that many watchers may recoil at the idea of Fakemon, hopefully my assurance that they will look nice, be balanced and provide reasonable challenges at opportune moments will sway your opinion. These Fakemon aren't Quartz-tier stuff from 2006.

I think I'll leave you all with this teaser for the starters that I'll show in next week's update.

If anybody manages to guess all of the animals that these three are based on, idk what I'll do, but I'll do something nice. Happy hacking~

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Cybertron
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
174 posts
2.2 Years
A grass duck,a fire elephant and water snake?
Sage/Unbound/Lilac

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

DrFuji

Heiki Hecchara‌‌

Age 26
Male
Aussie
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,602 posts
10 Years
Here you go!
>:/

Please tell me we get a choice to join Team Rocket? And if not, then oh well. Still gonna play it though.
I've planned a point further on where if you make the right decision you can tag along on a mission with Team Rocket, but at this point in time I don't have any plans to allow you to join.

a woodpecker, an elephant and a uhmm, ... an extra large coffee
call me crazy but it looks like a submarine, a bit.
Not bad guesses. You got the elephant and the grass starter is definitely a bird, but I don't think anybody is going to guess the water starter.

A grass duck,a fire elephant and water snake?
1/3. Close, but no cigar.

Will only the starters be fakemon or will you design an entire dex full of them?
It won't be an entire dex as that's way too much, but they will be sprinkled in with Pokemon from previous generations. Maybe like 20% of catachable Pokemon in Lilac? I don't have any hard numbers for how many there are going to be right now.

Yay! Fakemon! :D :D <3
:D

Please no fakemon.
The decision has already been made. I hope you're not too put off~

Karl

Creator of Pokémon Darkfire

Male
London, UK
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
142 posts
8.8 Years
Loving the screenshots and tileset. Looks very clean. Looking forward to seeing more.

DrFuji

Heiki Hecchara‌‌

Age 26
Male
Aussie
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,602 posts
10 Years
Alright, here's the big day - Time to reveal Lilac's new starter trio! You probably want to see them immediately, so I thought it would be best to show their Pokedex entries so you can get to know them a bit better:

In addition to Peachic, Elefir and Myucel, all of their evolutions have already been fully designed and sprited, thanks to the wonderful work of the amazing wilsonscarloxy. I think I'll wait a while before revealing them as well though, since apparently I'm a real big tease. Their movesets haven't been finalised, but I certainly have ideas as to how each of them will play. I've also added a Fakedex to the first post that will gradually fill up as more Fakemon are discovered. Which of the starters is your favourite? I'm interested to hear everybody's thoughts!

I also promised a few other screenshots, so here's some things that I've been up to over the past few months. Things like updating every party icon in Lilac's Pokedex (the screenshot is only featuring some early game Pokemon), new OWs for the starters and a brand new health box are just a few things that have been completed. I'm currently finishing off the adventures on the boat you all saw two updates ago (its been a real slog ;_;) but I'm excited to finally move on to a new area and start making proper progress again. Hopefully the next update won't be too far away~

Aight, so the Grass maybe it's something like Hummingbird, and Water hm... maybe something sitting on a Water Lily?
You were half right about the water starter, it was definitely sitting on something :P

Jeezuz, every detail about this hack that I've seen and read upon coming here makes me think that you are a tease. My excitement is through the roof and now excuse me while I get roofing materials.
I like to be vague about this sort of stuff. Mystery is the spice of life!

Loving the screenshots and tileset. Looks very clean. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks!

are u going to implement original moves and abilities like in Vega or Sage?
I'm not sure about moves, but I do have some plans for abilities.

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Cybertron
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
174 posts
2.2 Years
I'm torn on which starter to pick first!They are all cute and the spriting is nicely done.
Sage/Unbound/Lilac

Avara

Author of Tales

Female
Izantine
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted July 1st, 2019
1,051 posts
7.7 Years
The fakemon sprites are absolutely brilliant! I know Elefir is gonna be my starter already, even its Pokedex entry is adorable. So excited! Looking forward to seeing Peachic's evolutions as well <3
Advertiser Content