• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Would you like a sequel for Johto?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
True, but they're small changes/additions compared to the entire concept of the game/of a remake. I think that because they're clearly open to remaking games, and are open to a more casual style of play typified by Let's Go and Pokémon Go itself, I doubt they'll stop there - I think we'll get Johto versions. Plus, Pikachu and Eevee sold well, and Junichi Masuda spoke about there being more games in the series if the Kanto versions were well received, so...
Fair enough with them being small things relative to concept of remakes.

The question is, did LGPE really sell well enough? They went down decently but last I recall Japan specific sales weren't noteable, certainly compared to a few other Switch titles (when considering how Pokemon typically does on a system - has multiple entries in the top 10 I wager for the 3DS software list). If Sword and Shield blow them out of the water, they may think twice about a Let's Go styled remake... depending on the amount of effort required and their other projects (e.g. Town).

Years
The question is, did LGPE really sell well enough? They went down decently but last I recall Japan specific sales weren't noteable, certainly compared to a few other Switch titles (when considering how Pokemon typically does on a system - has multiple entries in the top 10 I wager for the 3DS software list). If Sword and Shield blow them out of the water, they may think twice about a Let's Go styled remake... depending on the amount of effort required and their other projects (e.g. Town).

Hmm, I think they did sell well, though I agree that if Sword and Shield came out and sold outrageously well, then they might think twice about more remakes. And they do have Town and other projects going on. But after Sword and Shield are released, Let's Go Johto would be a good way of tiding players over until Sword and Shield 2/Generation 9, so it would make sense from that perspective, I think.

Years
OMG YEEEESSSSSSS! Well...funny story. Someone let me play his LGP as long as I didn't save his game for five minutes. OMG PIKACHU WAS SOOOOO CUTE! And when I get a Switch, I am so getting LGP or LGE! Now Johto i'd SO get it! Johto is growing on me extremely rapidly so this would be an instant buy for me. Come on Gamefreak make it HAPPEN! *twitch*

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
YES

Absolutely, I'd love to see a Johto Let's Go.

I'd love to see Teddiursa, and Phanpy as the mascots, that'd be adorable <3

The Bellossom boi

If I can say it, I'd like a interlude between Kanto and Johto, but a Johto sequel (as an Hoenn one) Will be a great idea. Even in a hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 29, 2019
As much as I want another Pokemon game in my collection, I'd still prefer if they put a lot of love and effort with Sword and Shield sequel or possible Diamond and Pearl remake.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
As long it means we'll still get DPPt remakes I'm all for it!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Only if it lets me battle the protagonist from Gold/Silver/Crystal.

He battles Red so in turn he could be taken on by the next protagonist.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
Given that I disliked the Kanto based Let's Go games immensely, no, I don't want a Let's Go variant of Gold and Silver versions. I just don't trust Game Freak to design those hypothetical games in a way that would make them as good as the originals.

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
Years
I just don't like the Pokemon GO style of Lets go, it'd be better if Let's Go were to be kept as spinoffs rather than constant remakes of its formula. Maybe just a 3d johto.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I just don't like the Pokemon GO style of Lets go, it'd be better if Let's Go were to be kept as spinoffs rather than constant remakes of its formula. Maybe just a 3d johto.
I feel similarly. The Let's Go concept was interesting, but it fel more like a watered-down Safari Zone version of Kanto than a standard game, and I found it tedious to play.

Johto is my favorite region, and I would love to see it in full 3D. If Let's Go is the only way to see it, fine, I'll take it. But I'd rather have a full, traditional remake (preferably with all of the HGSS features).

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I'd want a Sinnoh sequel before a Johto Lets Go but I'd be hyped to play it too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Sure, why not? I wouldn't actually mind a sequel to LGPE. There's many Johto Pokemon I could see being made into mascots for hypothetical LGPE sequels set in Johto.

Just, please, if it ever happens, do NOT include Kanto. We don't need to see Kanto again.

Back