Advertiser Content

Crystal Untitled Unova Game DEMO

Started by Azure_Keys June 3rd, 2019 6:13 PM
  • 22 replies
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2019
50 posts
332 Days
This is Azure Keys, developer of Unova Red and Kalos Crystal. I have been busy on a new hack using the PokeCrystal disassembly, and have finalized a demo of the game allowing for play up until a little after the second gym. This game takes place in Unova, a handful of years after the events of Black2/White2, with a new plot, and new take on traversing the region. As an unofficial "sequel" to B2/W2, this game primarily uses mechanics from Gen 5, though with some from Gen 6, as it is set as somewhat of a midway point between the two generations.

Features include:
-253 Pokemon available, with a mixture of Pokemon from the first 5 generations (and 1 from Gen 6)
-255 moves, with a variety of selections across the first 5 generations (plus a few from Gen 6)
-Fairy type has been introduced in this game
-Physical/Special split for attacks is implemented
-TMs are infinitely reusable
-Running Shoes available from the start by holding B
-Repels can be re-activated instantly

Some screencaps:

Credits to:
-COMBOY for the collection of in-battle sprites
-Solo993 for some of the trainer sprites, with some edits by me
-Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for much of the custom music
-Rangi for the highly in-depth PokeCrystal tutorials (and for making PolishedMap) without which this hack would not be possible

This game is a demo, and may eventually include features not yet added. There may also be bugs that have not yet been found. Please let me know any feedback or issues that are found. Thanks!

Link to IPS patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m1xmww5f2d8toq6/Untitled_Unova_Game_Demo.ips

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
586 posts
2.3 Years
Oh wow, I really like the look of this, it's very rare to see demakes actually and the fee that we've seen have barely made progress. I really can't wait to see how far this one goes!
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
unova in a gen-2 like environment is something I've never think I'd want. keep it up!

Too much a loner for social media

Male
Old continent
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted July 11th, 2019
6 posts
340 Days
I can't play the game. Could you put it, like a normal game of gbc, not ips? Thanks
Hey, toto, what do you mean you can't play it. Did you patch it on a clean gbc rom and it still doesn't work? In that case try a different emulator. If you didn't patch the ips file yet, it isn't that difficult: just search for lunar ips patcher and download it, when you open that program you can select a rom and the ips file and patch it
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2019
50 posts
332 Days
I can't play the game. Could you put it, like a normal game of gbc, not ips? Thanks
Sorry man, sharing ROM files could get me kicked from this site (and is also technically illegal). The ips is a patch, there are programs that apply the patch to a normal ROM of Crystal version. I use LunarIPS to do patching on my PC, but I'm not sure about patching on mobile, I'm sure someone in the forum would know.
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2019
50 posts
332 Days
I'm going to keep an eye on this big time as this looks like it will be a fun game. What is the story line for this hack if I may ask?
Thanks! Without giving too much away, this game takes place around 3~5 years after the events of B2W2, when people claiming to be from Team Plasma begin to appear and cause trouble. But N had renounced Team Plasma following B/W, and Ghetsis had essentially lost his mind following B2/W2, so there must be some other shadowy forces behind it, conspiring to enact some grand scheme upon Unova.

I'm still ironing out a few details, but my goal is to create a plot that seems fitting for a Pokemon game. So still using some character drama with the evil team, but nothing too grimdark or out there.

Raflo75

Male
Jaén/Andalucia/España
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted July 13th, 2019
16 posts
2.5 Years
I played the whole game (2 gyms)
There are some bugs:
-When you save the game in somewhere, you always appear in this pokémon center:

-This NPC have the protagonist sprite:

-This map:

-Some maps have a wrong song in the original game.
-In the start of the game you have the 2nd badge:

(Sorry for my bad english...)
Pokémon Litio
Made by me (darkeon75)
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2019
50 posts
332 Days
There are some bugs:

-This map:

I will investigate these bugs, thanks!
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2019
50 posts
332 Days
There are some bugs:

-This map:

Ok, I have gone through and fixed most of the bugs you've mentioned. I am not quite sure why the game's native save feature isn't quite working, though using save states with your emulator will work fine. I will be looking more into this save issue. I have replaced the ips patch with a new version that fixes the other bugs you mentioned, thanks for the help!
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 15th, 2019
50 posts
332 Days
Ok, I have gone through and fixed most of the bugs you've mentioned. I am not quite sure why the game's native save feature isn't quite working, though using save states with your emulator will work fine. I will be looking more into this save issue. I have replaced the ips patch with a new version that fixes the other bugs you mentioned, thanks for the help!
So I just figured out the saving issue. It's now fixed in the patch in the link. Thanks again for the bug-finding help!

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
180 posts
3.2 Years
Hmmm... actually this looks like the most promising hack I've seen on pokecommunity in ages. Good luck on this one. I really like the idea of the game being in Unova. Hope you can get the sprites of the Unocal gym leaders. Once again good luck
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

Currently beta testing: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i can beta test 2 rom hacks at a time, so basically now I'm full but I could maybe beta test one more hack (plus I'm always going to read your offers if u want me to beta test and I may consider
Advertiser Content