Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,002 posts
10.9 Years
QUICK QUESTION:
Would people mind if I just changed some events (very slightly) from the original DPPT?
I'm thinking of doing this for a few scripts, just to add something new.
It's hard to say without more specific information, but as long as it's an improvement and your additions to the scripts don't feel out of place, I don't personally mind.
Nice work btw. The project looks pretty nice so far.

Anthroyd

Age 21
Male
United States
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
173 posts
3.3 Years
Hi RB11,

Logged in tonight just to drop a comment. I noticed this hack for the first time tonight, and I've gotta say it looks very promising as a Gen 4 demake. Gen 4 was my favorite, but unfortunately nobody's been able finish a complete Gen 4 demake yet. I would be very happy to play a game that isn't super focused on the little technical details, such as implementing the touch app thing and its various functions. I'm not certain, but it seems like these little details are what really damage motivation to keep going.

Your graphics look absolutely stunning. Are those NPC sprites 16 x 32, like in Fire Red? If so, then that's awesome! Every gen 4 + overworld sprite I've seen is expanded to 32 x 32, and those expanded ones aren't super aesthetic using a Gen 3 base. I would say don't give a second thought to the possibility that the graphics may not be "perfect" or something. They're great and they give off a very calm, pleasing aura kinda.

Also, as a response to your question about adding in some new events or changing existing events, I'd say that if your ideas are done cleanly and professionally, then you should do whatever makes you excited about the game. There's really no point in hacking if you're only doing things according to expectation. It's boring. And honestly it would be awesome to see some new events take place in Sinnoh.

I'd be glad to play an alpha or beta if you ever plan on releasing one. Hope you continue having fun making this, it's looking pretty good! And btw the titlescreen is inspiring... very well done. I suck at editing titlescreens, they always glitch out xD
Pokémon Generation III ROM Hacking
Video Series

Pokémon Dreary

Discord

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance

Age 18
Male
The Earth
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted December 21st, 2018
85 posts
4 Years
Hi RB11,

Logged in tonight just to drop a comment. I noticed this hack for the first time tonight, and I've gotta say it looks very promising as a Gen 4 demake. Gen 4 was my favorite, but unfortunately nobody's been able finish a complete Gen 4 demake yet. I would be very happy to play a game that isn't super focused on the little technical details, such as implementing the touch app thing and its various functions. I'm not certain, but it seems like these little details are what really damage motivation to keep going.

Your graphics look absolutely stunning. Are those NPC sprites 16 x 32, like in Fire Red? If so, then that's awesome! Every gen 4 + overworld sprite I've seen is expanded to 32 x 32, and those expanded ones aren't super aesthetic using a Gen 3 base. I would say don't give a second thought to the possibility that the graphics may not be "perfect" or something. They're great and they give off a very calm, pleasing aura kinda.

Also, as a response to your question about adding in some new events or changing existing events, I'd say that if your ideas are done cleanly and professionally, then you should do whatever makes you excited about the game. There's really no point in hacking if you're only doing things according to expectation. It's boring. And honestly it would be awesome to see some new events take place in Sinnoh.

I'd be glad to play an alpha or beta if you ever plan on releasing one. Hope you continue having fun making this, it's looking pretty good! And btw the titlescreen is inspiring... very well done. I suck at editing titlescreens, they always glitch out xD
Thanks so much for your comment! This is what really inspires me to keep hacking and making the game as good as possible. I can hopefully release and alpha or beta soon. I custom made some OWs myself, others are a credit to Delta231 and some other sprite makers. I'm glad you like them!

I'm so sorry for abandoning this project the last 2 months. I've had big exams and that shifted my focus away from the game, but with the progress I have made I really don't want to quit now !
So, I'm back working on the game, and I hope that a download will be available soon.

And to those who replied about custom events, thank you. I think that I'll add some changes here and there but not enough to damage the story line.

Look out for more updates from now on!

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...

Age 26
Male
Takoabe Town (Region Thonsu)
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
1,344 posts
11.2 Years
This hack is so underrated,I don’t know why it’s still not yet being promoted by big time Pokémon youtubers. if there’s still enough space to add another region (such as unova, or even alola) just to make an unique, new storyline, it will have a LEGIT chance to become rom of the year next year.
It's not easy like you think... I have an hard time with adding Johto after Hoenn in Pokemon Ruby Renev... Yes. It was possible. But as I said. It was very hard.
- My new Project comming Soon

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Cybertron
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
177 posts
2.2 Years
where is the link i cant seem to find it :(

or is there not a link ??
There's gonna be one when they are ready which shouldn't be too long so keep watching this
Games I'm watching
Pastebin list because too long
https://pastebin.com/esgnFMAy

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

ookamishadows

ookamishadows

Male
South Africa
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
56 posts
1.5 Years
The moment I saw this thread I had to read everything. I can see how excited you are and sometimes how unsure you are (like the fact that you want to add events into you game that wasn't in the original Diamond/Pearl).

I think you are doing something brave and beautiful and you should make the game you want to. This beautiful game is going to be your own homage to a great game and adding a few of your ideas is a good way to go. It makes the game more unique while still catering for your love of the original game.

I am so looking forward to this game, not just for me and your fans (Because we are) but for you. Go get them, dude, go catch them all and bring this game to life. We can't wait to play this. You got this.

beck0n

Ace Trainer

Male
East Coast
Seen April 22nd, 2019
Posted April 22nd, 2019
14 posts
125 Days
Hey! I just noticed this for the first time. I never truly got into DPPT for varying reasons of my own, but I'm VERY excited to see the progess on this! It gives me a reason to play through Sinnoh for once ;)
"To truly unlock your Pokémon's potential, you have to show them that you care about them more than you care about winning the battles ahead."

Hacks I support:

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
777 posts
14.3 Years
Hey! I just noticed this for the first time. I never truly got into DPPT for varying reasons of my own, but I'm VERY excited to see the progess on this! It gives me a reason to play through Sinnoh for once ;)
If you like 8bit pokemon games, i suggest you play Pokemon prism too, which also have DPPT songs in 8bit form
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek
Seen June 15th, 2019
Posted June 15th, 2019
1 posts
69 Days
Thanks so much for your comment! This is what really inspires me to keep hacking and making the game as good as possible. I can hopefully release and alpha or beta soon. I custom made some OWs myself, others are a credit to Delta231 and some other sprite makers. I'm glad you like them!

I'm so sorry for abandoning this project the last 2 months. I've had big exams and that shifted my focus away from the game, but with the progress I have made I really don't want to quit now !
So, I'm back working on the game, and I hope that a download will be available soon.

And to those who replied about custom events, thank you. I think that I'll add some changes here and there but not enough to damage the story line.

Can’t wait for the download if possible could you message me a download link when it’s available, game looks awesome glad you’re not giving up wait until the hard work pay soon off!
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1 posts
17 Days

Hi, there, RB11. I'm so excited about you keep doing this amazing masterpiece of demake of Pokemon D/P/PT. I was keep watching this thread in my old account of PokeCommunity and y'know me as Dark_Rider_Timothy96. But I forgot the password of my old account. Though, keep doing your masterpiece of demaking of Pokemon D/P/PT. I hope and wonder, when you finish your romhack
Advertiser Content