• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seems like the site is not using CloudFlare CDN anymore

Years
If you're talking about the two times that CF hiccup'd earlier this month, then that's totally understandable. However, I disagree that Cloudflare makes a site slower. CF is great when it comes to caching website content, which in turn is supposed to assist in the swift loading of sites, and it's great for CSS assets that may take a bit of time to load, or also static webpages that are usually updated manually to stay online if the server goes down.

Their DDOS protection is also on point as well 👍

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I too would have to disagree that it makes a site slower. I mean, one of their selling points is to improve a website's performance iirc, but they can't do much if their service hiccups for one reason or another. In the same way an Electricity Supplier offers uninterupted flow of electricity to whatever destination. However, in the event that some bozo drives over a cable with a forklift, there's not much they can do but get it running again asap. That doesn't mean they're not living up to their promise, since for all situations under their control, they uphold their end of the deal. CF in the same way can't do much if the servers they use go down due to say power outage, problems with hardware etc.

I do agree it can be annoying when stuff like that happens, but being hard on someone who has just as little control over these events as you or I is a tad harsh.

Back