ROM Hacker

Male
California
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted July 17th, 2019
55 posts
1.8 Years

Join the Discord for updates!

NOTICE: This hack is currently undergoing a revamp using pokeemerald, instead of binary. This means that this hack might take longer than expect to release it's first public build. If you're wanting to get early gameplay, check out the current git repository.

S T O R Y

It's your big day! Today's the day you become a Pokémon Trainer! The region's profound researcher, Professor Cypress, gifts you your first Pokémon to begin your journey with. However, your journey is not the only one beginning, as a group of criminals make waves throughout the region of Ryoko calling themselves Team Proto, wishing to return Ryoko to it's original state through the means of the legendary Ancient Pokémon: Arceus.

F E A T U R E S

• Running Indoors
  • Custom FR Styled Tiles
  • Unique and Original Region, the Ryoko Region
  • Physical/Special Attack Split
  • Pokémon from Generations 1-4
  • BW Repel System
  • Modern TM Learnsets (Fire Types learn Solar Beam, etc.)
  • Annoying Pokémon Evolutions made easier (Specifically Trading and Leveling up with Items)
  • More Evolution Stones
  • Infinite TMs
  • Key Items replace HMs
  • It's disassembly!

M E D I A

SCREENSHOTS

Notice: These screenshots are from the previous version, which was a Binary hack. Currently, the hack is undergoing a re-make using pokeemerald.

DISCLAIMER The current Hero sprite is temporary, and I do not take credit for creating the sprite (It's a rip of Gaia's sprite, I just wanted something nice to look at when testing)

C R E D I T S

• Spherical Ice / Tiles
  • Acanthite Team / Tiles
  • Pret / pokeemerald

W A N T _T O_ H E L P?

I'm currently looking for some help with this hack! If you'd like to help, please feel free to message me on Discord
Here are the current fields I'm looking for help:
  • Pixel Artists (Overworld Sprites, Battle sprites, etc.)
  • Writers
  • Musicians

D O W N L O A D S

Currently, there is no public releases. Join the Pokémon Chroma Discord if you want to test closed builds!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon ♥

Age 24
Male
Alola
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
772 posts
8.3 Years
This one looks nice! Bookmarked!
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM

Anthroyd

Age 21
Male
United States
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
173 posts
3.3 Years
There's something about using vanilla tiles with only subtle changes and additions that looks so attractive. Although, it could just be your way of mapping that catches my eye.
Looks promising so far. Good luck!
Pokémon Generation III ROM Hacking
Video Series

Pokémon Dreary

Discord

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
180 posts
3.2 Years
I'm going to for sure subscribe to this thread. It looks really cool
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

Currently beta testing: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i can beta test 2 rom hacks at a time, so basically now I'm full but I could maybe beta test one more hack (plus I'm always going to read your offers if u want me to beta test and I may consider

Karl

Creator of Pokémon Darkfire

Male
London, UK
Seen 22 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
142 posts
8.8 Years
This is looking great. Keep up the hard work.

vxo

ROM Hacker

Male
California
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted July 17th, 2019
55 posts
1.8 Years
but what happened to aurora
Aurora is currently on hold due to some ROM corruptions and some other personal reasons on why I started disliking the direction of that hack:
  • A lot of the tiles felt rushed, and didn't fit the FR Style of graphics
  • The story started to feel repetitive, with the player just always battling Giovanni (or whoever the evil dude was)

It sucks because in my internal release I was able to get to the Haus Corporation and the one of the last Team Rocket events before the E4. All 8 gyms were finished.

I might consider doing some re-mapping later on, but also Rosso Town is completely glitched out, and I can't even open the map. But that's the life of a ROM Hacker, I guess.

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
586 posts
2.3 Years
This looks really nice, it's kinda nice to see someone use the Vanilla tiles of the base ROM instead of the whole fancy "bright/graphically appealing" concept.
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.

vxo

ROM Hacker

Male
California
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted July 17th, 2019
55 posts
1.8 Years
Hey everyone!
I'm currently looking for some help with this hack! If you'd like to help, please feel free to message me on Discord

Here are the current fields I'm looking for help:
  • Pixel Artists (Overworld Sprites, Battle sprites, etc.)
  • Writers
  • Musicians

Please feel free to message me on Discord if you have any questions! I would love to release the first public beta with some art to create a unique experience. Thank you everyone for being patient. <3

vxo

ROM Hacker

Male
California
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted July 17th, 2019
55 posts
1.8 Years
Hey all!

I updated the main posts screenshots and have now officially started Closed Alpha Testing. This means you must join the Pokémon Chroma Discord in order to join the testing. These build downloads will be updated periodically, and are meant to be limited in Gameplay to test bugs and overlooks. Feel free to join, and just ask if you want to join the Closed Alpha Program.

Thanks for all the support for this ROM Hack, I'm having a blast making this.
Advertiser Content