• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Darker Than it Seems: New Dawn's Shadow [M]

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Anyone want to spar with Caelan? I'd rather duel with a character than an NPC, great way to get to know someone.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Midnight, do you want your character to win this one? We can just skip the fight and get to the winner, it's not worth drawing out.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
I will put baltoy on reserve for you then. Looking forward to reading your SU.

As for everyone else, I was going to try getting the next post up tomorrow but since we may have a couple more people joining in I'll hold off a few more days so they can jump in before I start making things go boom.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
WIP, i'm really sorry. I have a research project so i guess this will go a bit slowly than expected. Btw, i hope you don't mind me creating a borderline evil character.

"Wrong move and you shall suffer for your entire life."

Name : Henry Goldstein
Former Occupation : Lieutenant of a medium sized Mafia group.

Appearance:
8yVx0Jsl.png

Henry is a tall man, with a stature of 5'11", messy brown hair, light blue eyes, and toned build, he was a menace even before he had his power. He use a red coat with his weapons put inside his coat, dark grey coat, and grey shirt inside, accompanied by a black cravat. He is also often seen with a cheap brand of cigarette. He also use a black cane sword which he usually imbue with his powers. Other than that he also wear a matching crimson pants, pants with a gold belt accompanied by a black shoes made especially for combat, his concealed weapons includes his crimson top hat which has hidden blades, throwing cards, and a few other weapons he refuse to tell others. When asked why he dressed that way, he answered "Why shouldn't i? It's dandy isn't it?"

Personality:
Henry is very smart and cunning, and contrary to what people think is very good at writing and quite knowledgeable on stuffs. He also gained a lot of knowledge from things he picked up from his mafia days. Henry is not above using lethal force or cheap tricks when the situation demands it and he hates people who is overly good for a personal reason and doesn't think about themselves. It is not known what Henry soft spot is, but he enjoys good tea but not expensive cigarette as he prefers his cheap brand over import cigarettes. Henry is also a person who doesn't engage blindly but often analyze and assess the situation calmly with his offensive choices. He is also very cautious and sometimes even borderline distrusting to people he deems not worthy, but if he had a debt to someone he would make sure the debt would get payed as soon as possible. Scarily also able to read people's face. He is currently quite ticked off than usual for the fact that all his weapons are currently confiscated.

Proficiency (Outside Ability):
Spoiler:

Background:
It is unknown what Henry Goldstein did before he joined the mafia, but he entered the mafia group "Rosa Blanca" since the age of 13 after the mafia boss took a liking to him. He started doing small jobs, but quickly rose through the ranks due to his performance. In the age of 14 he become the boss's personal student which was an ocassion that is literally unheard of at the time. He was known as the hardest working youngster and a quick learner so fast where even the senior members already terrified of him. At age 17 he then become the lieutenant of a small group within "Rosa Blanca" where he would be known for his ability even among the mafia. However, due to a certain fallout with the rest of the mafia, he was then betrayed by his underlings by the help of other lieutenants during a mission at Vermillion City. Almost left for dead, a masked man then came to his aid but not without a payment. Either joining the research project or die a dog's death. Unwilling to die easily, Henry then agreed to the terms and has been a part in the research project ever since.

Hybrid Typing: Psychic/Fighting
Hybrid Ability : Speed Boost
Hybrid Moveset :
Teleport : Henry can move until city to city range a few times a day with this ability on his full power, he can also teleport other peoples and objects. However, the more things he teleport the shorter the range of teleportation.
Psychic : Henry's primary attack that he utilize quite broadly, from controlling his hat that it's homing to his enemy, pushing and pulling away enemies and even himself, turning his cards into rapid spinning buzzsaws, and even moving sand in mass quantity very quickly to make a diversion or hurting eyes of his enemies.
Sacred Sword : Henry primarily use his cane sword in using this attack, however he could also do it with his hands. His sword/hands glow in energy, amplifying the strength of it by quite a few times before he slam his hand into an opponent.
Sword Dance : Henry moves his sword/hands in a hypnotizing way, until a red aura flares up increasing his destructive capability

Partner : Baltoy
Name : Michelangelo
Ability : Levitate
Moveset : Confusion, Rapid Spin, Shadow Ball (TM Move)

Well the background doesn't really tell you much right? Well, i like to keep my character rather mysterious but obviously not to the RP Mod, so i'll PM ElBuritto the rest of my background

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I'll try my hand at CSS a bit later.

Spoiler:

ElBurrito

Years
Can i have my test subject codename please? Kinda hard to make a post without it

My bad, knew I was forgetting something. The player and code name lists have been updated. Now you can swap out the instances of henry's name being said with his codename. The only issues I see are Temero calling henry by name (though that one's on me for not giving you your codename) and referencing henry's past, as Temero would be doing his best to block out any personal information on his subjects from his memory.
Edit: One more thing I forgot, the last paragraph, Temero wouldn't be terrified either as the things he's seen and done have pretty much made him numb to things that most would consider fear-inducing.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
My bad, knew I was forgetting something. The player and code name lists have been updated. Now you can swap out the instances of henry's name being said with his codename. The only issues I see are Temero calling henry by name (though that one's on me for not giving you your codename) and referencing henry's past, as Temero would be doing his best to block out any personal information on his subjects from his memory.
Edit: One more thing I forgot, the last paragraph, Temero wouldn't be terrified either as the things he's seen and done have pretty much made him numb to things that most would consider fear-inducing.

My reply on these:
1. Yeah, i was not sure on that. Thanks for updating the thread
2. Ok, that's my fault. This is my second RP and my first one is hasn't been long ago so. My mistake here (About the personal information) not catching up to the premise
3. Sigh, i knew writing while being half asleep is not good. It should've been Temero smirking not making him to be scared. How the hell did it end up that way. Ah well it's my fault.

I hope you don't mind doing more proofreads on my post in the future. Thank you very much :)

P.S. My character art is almost done, unfortunately my noob skills prevent it to be a quick job. It's only the eyes and colouring and that's it

Edit : It's Done ^^. Those who want to see could look back at my post, sorry i'm not a very good artist (Also did a few changes on the appearance based on the art i made)

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
Ok, next IC post is up. You can now grab your starter pokemon from the random poké balls on the ground in front of Surge. You are free to engage in the chaos and fight grunts, other hybrids that might have problems with you, start fights with each other, or run around like a chicken with its head cut off as you try to find a way out of that place. Do note that fighting Lt. Surge is also an option, however there is no beating him. There is only losing to him and fainting/dying or running away because you get lucky and something else grabs his attention long enough for you to escape.

In addition to the chaos started by a child spontaneously exploding, your starts will have a fourth attack chosen by me. These are special attacks that your starters have gained from being experimented on.

Hunter's Slugma gets Water Gun
Neil's Joltik gets Low Kick
Momoka's Alolan Vulpix gets Poison Tail
Reji's Swablu gets Silver Wind
Caelan's Mareanie gets Razor Leaf
Henry's Baltoy gets Gust
Blythe's Nosepass gets Water Pulse

If your starter has four moves (I think I initially missed a couple of you doing that) then replace one of its attacks with the new attack I have provided.

If there are any questions PM me or throw them at me in the discord. Good luck, don't die (or die fashionably), and may the odds be ever in your favor.\

Edit: Due to lack of posts, Linear and Magnificent's slots have been opened up for other's to take. If you two wish to come back feel free to post here or message me. Though you may end up with different starters than you originally had.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
This is the NPC that joins Emiko.

Hiro Kuchiki

picture.php

Appearance: Hiro is a young child with unkempt black hair and bright amber eyes, but they glow golden when he uses the ability of one of his dna's. His outfit consists of: a black long sleeve turtleneck, a green, yellow, and bit of red zipped-up jacket, steel blue jeans, and green and yellow shoes. He carries around a black/dark brown shoulder bag. The child stands at a height of 3 feet and 4 inches, reaching around Emiko's waist.
After he was injected with a couple Pokemon DNA's, but mainly two certain ones: he his amber eyes would sometimes glow when using a certain(Luxray) ability; two canine teeth that pop out out his upper lip; his hair grew out a bit, having a small ponytail with a yellow star attached to the bottom, the small ponytail looking almost like Luxray's tail; and around his neck, under the turtleneck, is a grey collar that circulates around the back of his neck and ends at his collar bone on either side, looking like the collar bone around Houndoom.
One time, he saw two yellow wristbands and two grey wristbands out in the open and for some reason, he felt drawn to them, so he took them before any of the guards noticed, one yellow and one gray on each wrist.
Spoiler:

Personality: Hiro is a clumsy and timid child, he likes to help around, but his clumsiness makes people wary of him. He is shy when it comes to crowd and gets nervous when around strangers. For some reason, he likes being around Emiko and would gravitate towards her, not liking to be away from her. One trait he shares with Emiko is his intelligence, he is very smart and has been told that he is a gifted child for one his age. After he was injected with the DNA, he would sometimes get aggressive with his captors and bare his fangs.

Background: Hiro was born in Kalos and lived there with his single mother and uncle, his father having left the family the moment his mother was announced pregnant, so he saw his uncle as his father figure. One day, he was running an errand for his uncle around Celadon City due to her uncle coming here to Kanto for business and brought him along, when men in black dragged him to an alleyway and kidnapped him, ending his past and leading to the present.

Hybrid Typing: Dark/Electric
Hybrid Ability(s): Galvanize
Hybrid Moveset: Zippy Zap, Swift, Protect, Dark Pulse
Attack execution: Hiro has three offense and one status move. The status move he has is Protect, he raises his hands and holds them up to create and keep up a shield made out of green energy. He tends to stick with Swift a lot and uses Zippy Zap when someone gets too close or frightens him by hurling himself at them unconsciously covering himself in electricity. For Swift, he will initiate the attack by summoning the stars using his hands and will swing his arm the way he wants them to go, but due to his ability, the move's stars have electricity pulsing through each one, electrocuting and causing blunt damage at once. Dark Pulse is used with his hands, he holds them inches apart in front of him and when he generates a ball of dark matter, he palms his hands in the direction of his opponent, sending a beam of dark circles at his opponent.

Spoiler:

Starter Pokemon:Togepi
Starter Name: Toto
Starter Gender: Male
Starter Moveset: Charm, Metronome, Extrasensory (Egg)
Starter Ability: Super Luck

Last edited:
Back