• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Trouble getting Desmume to read GBA slot

My end goal is to migrate pokemon from my Emerald .sav to my Diamond .dsv

FIRSTLY please know that I am aware of why the migrate option is not present in my starting menu for pokemon diamond. I have not completed either game to the point where I can unlock pal park yet.

My concern is that I will play through the whole game and then find I have made some awful mistake that makes migration impossible on the emulator.

One way I can think to solve this is if I could obtain save files with enough progress made to unlock pal park. My initial thought is that this is probably a really rude thing to ask. At the end of the day I have no interest in cheating and would rather complete my own game so it would just be to test.

I am using desmume 0.9.9 because I have read that that is the latest version that supports migration at all. Initially I was trying with 0.9.10 and 0.9.11 and it just crashed upon trying to read from the GBA slot.

I have loaded the Diamond game and configured the guitar grip thing then it resets then I have tried loading up the GBA Emerald game, but I have no way to tell if it is actually working or not seeing as the migrate option wouldnt show at this point anyway.

My save files for both games are located in the battery folder of Desmume.

So is there any way I can check it is all set up correctly? Or does anyone have any further progressed save files I could try it with?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 1, 2015
Hello.
I downloaded pokemon sienna a emerald hack (on windows phone) but i can't save the game.
When I start the game it says "the m1 circuit board is not installed" and when I'm in game it wont let me save the game. I know that there is a way on PC with emulators Te change some text but I can't find any way to do that on my phone. Does someone know a solution? Thnx for the help !

Last edited by a moderator:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
EDIT: I seem to have remembered this incorrectly, you actually have to have unlocked Pal Park for the Dual-Slot Mode to function. I apologize for misleading you.

So is there any way I can check it is all set up correctly? Or does anyone have any further progressed save files I could try it with?

Thanks in advance.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dual-slot_mode

I can't tell you how to make it work, but I can tell you that the Dual-Slot Mode will allow you to check if it is working before unlocking Pal Park. The easiest way to do it is to head to the Old Chateau and check for wild Gengar. If you find one, than it's set up correctly.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 5, 2015
Flashcard for playing GBA games on a 3DS

I want to play a few Pokemon Rom hacks on my 3DS, so I was looking up flashcards, but I'm not sure which one to buy because there's so many of them. Although, this is the one I've been looking at, can someone tell me if this is the correct flash card to play GBA games on my 3ds, or can you provide me with a url on this website of the correct flashcard

http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html

PS. Don't tell me the DSTWis what I am looking for, because its sold out

Thanks

Years
Dstwo won't play a rom hack of pokemon heart gold

So there's a user on here and I think on project pokemon who made a hacked version of heart gold called heart red where you play kanto as red it's basically a remake of fire red, anyways when I go to load it up it just stays at the loading screen on my dstwo but on the desume emulator it loads fine, anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 11, 2015
VBA Link trade with friend over the internet?

So I got vba link working to trade with myself using one computer and 2 instances of vba.

But when I try to connect with a friend over the internet, and click on the server tab, it insists on using a static IP address. I know this is different to my REAL IP address but that's about it.

Can anyone teach me how to fix this? Do I really have to do all that complicated stuff with port forwarding etc?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Action Replay MAX Gameboy Issues

Hey guys!

I really had absolutely no idea where to place this question (as it is about hacking on the real cartridge of the game, not a ROM). So, if a moderator can help me move it to the right place, I will be thankful.

I'm currently in the process of trying to get a shiny starter Pokemon in my Pokemon Leaf Green version. I have tried the soft resetting method. I have done exactly 12,784 soft resets and I just can't take it anymore. :( I'm not made out to be a shiny hunter. I've just decided I'm going to cheat one. I just wanted to playthrough and old throwback game with a shiny starter with my friends that's all.

Anyway, the only cheating device for the gameboy I have right now is the Action Replay MAX for GBA. The problem is, when I was very little I wiped my memory clean of any codes whatsoever. So I have to go in and make the master code for the game and everything. So I did and I tried every single Shiny Pokemon code on the internet. None of them worked. I don't know why, maybe its because I wiped my memory on accident and now its dysfunctional? Maybe its because I just can't find the correct code. (I will post the codes I have if you want to try and help in that aspect)

I've even tried resorting to different methods to be able to hack a Shiny Starter. I want it to look sort of legit and not traded, so I can't just cheat on another game and trade it. I've tried finding other cheating devices, but almost all of them for Gameshark have become collectibles now and I don't have the budget to purchase one. I heard you could maybe cheat on a ROM and then use a flashcart to get the save file on your real cartridge but I have no idea how that works.

So, I'm really out of options and I need help. ): Can anyone help me either find the right codes for the Action Replay or think of an alternative for how to do this? Thank you so much for your help. The soft resetting I have done has driven me insane. So insane that I'll do anything to get the shiny at this point.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 18, 2015
Hey, Everyone.

I know there are a lot of threads on here about help with glitches, but I can't seem to find the answer to my problem on here or anywhere else on the WorldWide Web. So, here goes:

I'm currently playing a Black 2 Rom on my IPhone 5s. I downloaded the rom from "roms 43," as that has always been reliable for me and the only one that would work. I use the nds4ios emulator (the $10 paid one). The game has run smoothly up until the point I am currently locked at. Right now, I have made my way through the Giant Chasm to the area where Team Plasma's headquarters/ship is residing. I've completed the battles necessary to get me into the ship, and I've spoken with my rival and he has told me to move on. I made my way to the stern and finished off the two Plasma Grunts inside the room on this side of ship. However, when I step onto the warp portal that should take me to the belly of the ship,, my game crashes, and I must reload to my most recent Save. This has happened over and over, and I've run out of ideas.

This is why I am bringing it to the experts. I suspect that this has something to do with a corruption in the rom data, and that is no where near my strong suit. However, because I can't seem to find the issue anywhere else on the Internet, I think there may be a possibility that I am simply overlooking something. If you have any ideas, please help!

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Yeah, I agree with machomuu. Just go with the Supercard DSTWO. I've got one and it works just fine.

Plus if you can't find it in a store, it is easily obtained online.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
trading vba

I know this is pretty outdated, first and second gen. I have an emu, called vba trade, ver 1.7.2 something. It works wonderful for trading between gsc games, but when i try rby i crash every time i try to enter the first pokemon center, so i cant even see if the trade works or not between them. Is there any way to fix this? I know there are emus that can run rby games, but i need one for trading with myself, vba is excellent for that, but it seems rby crashes for some reason i cant explain.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2015
So I'm having an issue I'm not sure how to fix. I'm fairly new to ROMs. I used to own a 3DS before it was stolen, so I decided to try this instead for now.
I have desmume, and I enjoy it thoroughly. I'm running 0.9.11, and when I run White 2 it's perfect up until the point where I meet Biana for the first time. I choose my starter, and then she repeats the same thing over and over. Any clues on what I need to do?

jkid101094

Anime Girl Obsessive
Years
I didn't know it made a difference up until two days ago but you could always try setting it to "Clean" instead of "Patched". When selecting a rom press Y to pull up a menu that let's you select which save to use, whether you want to use AR codes and a third option. As stated before set that option to Clean.

Also make sure the rom was patched correctly. Since it works correctly on DeSume I'm pretty sure it is but it never hurts to try a second time.

I realize this topic is two weeks old but hopefully it can help anyone with this problem in the future.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
I didn't know it made a difference up until two days ago but you could always try setting it to "Clean" instead of "Patched". When selecting a rom press Y to pull up a menu that let's you select which save to use, whether you want to use AR codes and a third option. As stated before set that option to Clean.

Also make sure the rom was patched correctly. Since it works correctly on DeSume I'm pretty sure it is but it never hurts to try a second time.

I realize this topic is two weeks old but hopefully it can help anyone with this problem in the future.

What, clean or patched? Pressing Y? I have no idea what you mean, pressing y does nothing, i dont understand anything here. Could you describe it closer.

Back