• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attempt at customized EBS move icons

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Greetings,fellow fan-devs! ^^
I'm Damien, a newcomer, and in a few weeks I made customizations on the E.B.S. move icons for each type, EXCEPT the shadow type
( I made a mistake and the shadow move icon looks identical to the dark type move right above, and never corrected it because low on ideas ).
I'm sure you WILL find the icons of your taste!
Alright, but how do they look in-game?
In most cases the answer is :
AWFUL!

The metapod evolving into butterfree in the bug-type icon is completely covered up by text;
The dark type move,when selected,will have the text as pitch black as the background;
Ice type looks weird by standard because I couldn't get the desired effect :| ;
Flying type has again the issue of text camouflaging with the background;
In the water type icons the golden shellder decal prevents text from camouflaging! In your face!;
How is text camouflaging in the psychic type icon?;
The electric type icon...actually, does KINDA good...

AND BESIDES, ALL THE DEVICES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ICONS ARE COMPLETELY RUINED BY THAT MONOCHROMATIC, BOLD, TRANSPARENCY-LESS TEXT!
Anyway,I decided to release this weeks-long failure right down here for you to use.To install it,you just put it in /Graphics/Pictures/EBS/Nextgen.
It's not compatible with Essentials DS or Essentials B&W, however you may edit them in by using image-editing programs.

CREDITING :
First off,I think I ought credit LukaSJ, the chap whom made E.B.S. and the icons I based my own icons upon.
As for this material, you may or may not credit me upon usage, your choice, BUT PLEASE DO, share the page link with others, for it'd definitely help.
You may also spin-off this material, in this case I'd type credit is mandatory for both LukaSJ and myself...perhaps you can do a better job and in a shorter amount of time.

OVERALL ANALYSIS :
Spoiler:

Attachments

• moveSelButtons.png
    moveSelButtons.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Back