• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
It's been a while since I've posted, no brand new sprites unfortunately just some tweaks of existing ones, I'd like to thank Cynda from DeviantArt for joining in and starting to help me with some of the QC.

Chespin
unknown.png

Trevenant (credits to Cynda for the front sprite)
unknown.png

Mega Blastoise (credits to BlackWhiteRobin for the backsprite)
Blastoise_back_face_fixed.png

These are all being put into the dropbox but I haven't had a chance to update the OP yet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 3, 2021
My first post!

As far as I know down-scaling Smogon sprites is OK so long as you give the credit. And this is not simply shrinking the pic with software, I went down to pixels and make the pose fit in 64x64.

Mega Tyranitar there you go!

- CREDIT -

Layell - Original 96x96 Front & Back Sprites
guoyilin - Resize Front & Back Sprite, Adjust Front Sprite (Tail, Feet, Horn etc.), Palette and Indexation
Smogon - Hosting the Sprite Project

- SMOGON CREDIT RULES -

If you would like to use these sprites in your project

You are free to use this in any project that is not a for-profit product. You must make a credit page and link back to this thread. If you are only using a few sprites we appreciate you crediting the individual spriters. Please do not redistribute these sprites as it gives the false impression you created all of them. These sprites are not open source, because we do not have the rights to the characters depicted. Please respect these rules and enjoy the sprites. If you have a completed game or project, feel free to PM me or post it here

Attachments

• Mega Tyranitar.png
    Mega Tyranitar.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 108
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 27, 2020
My first post!

As far as I know down-scaling Smogon sprites is OK so long as you give the credit. And this is not simply shrinking the pic with software, I went down to pixels and make the pose fit in 64x64.

Mega Tyranitar there you go!

- CREDIT -

Layell - Original 96x96 Front & Back Sprites
guoyilin - Resize Front & Back Sprite, Adjust Front Sprite (Tail, Feet, Horn etc.), Palette and Indexation
Smogon - Hosting the Sprite Project

- SMOGON CREDIT RULES -

If you would like to use these sprites in your project

You are free to use this in any project that is not a for-profit product. You must make a credit page and link back to this thread. If you are only using a few sprites we appreciate you crediting the individual spriters. Please do not redistribute these sprites as it gives the false impression you created all of them. These sprites are not open source, because we do not have the rights to the characters depicted. Please respect these rules and enjoy the sprites. If you have a completed game or project, feel free to PM me or post it here

This won't be accepted, the back sprite isn't in the correct style

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
An adjusted version. Backsprite from post above. Cannot post links yet, have to delete the links in quote.

I suggest that you check and compare back sprites of similar body size/build from this thread and from other 64x64 sprite resources thread and the Gen. 7 repository thread... Especially the normal Tyranitar sprite...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
hyper_emerald_807_gba__mega_raykuaza_by_destvol-dc627c6.png

Yeah, I feel Mega pokemon sprite is not pretty well enough, need more improve, here I just share our Rom - Hyper Emerald 807- China Gen3 Gba hack using the Mega Rayquazaa bad ass Sprite, red line edit by myself, please help me credit front & back sprite owner, I already forget is from who... ...
new_blaziken_ex2_by_destvol-dc65yo3.png

This one also, anyone please help me credit, I forget the owner, just simply get from Google

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, not sure whether or not this thread is still active but I had a go at making a Mega Aggron sprite, which involved scaling down the Smogon one (all credit to aXI: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/axl.30808/), shortening various horns and spikes and adjusting the position of the right arm in order to keep it as large as possible:
5h6qWJK.png

(This is the up to date one; the ones below are slightly older/less accurate)
Here it is compared to the existing Aggron sprite, however:
yXBCvLZ.png

As you can see, regular Aggron is still roughly the same size as, if not taller than, the Mega form. I therefore propose making regular Aggron smaller. Just resizing it to 0.9x0.9 of its current size makes a noticeable difference:
1wuOu2z.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hey, not sure whether or not this thread is still active but I had a go at making a Mega Aggron sprite, which involved scaling down the Smogon one (all credit to aXI: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/axl.30808/), shortening various horns and spikes and adjusting the position of the right arm in order to keep it as large as possible:
5h6qWJK.png

(This is the up to date one; the ones below are slightly older/less accurate)
Here it is compared to the existing Aggron sprite, however:
yXBCvLZ.png

As you can see, regular Aggron is still roughly the same size as, if not taller than, the Mega form. I therefore propose making regular Aggron smaller. Just resizing it to 0.9x0.9 of its current size makes a noticeable difference:
1wuOu2z.png

Project not cancelled, progress just slow due to real life commitments.

You've done a fantastic job resizing that. I actually think it looks fine in relation to the normal Aggron sprite, yes it's shoulders and head look a bit lower down, but it's actually pretty consistent with the artwork and models which have its body get shorter but wider. I'm touching it up a bit, and also working on a backsprite. Will edit this post when it's done.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Here is the Mega Aggron sprite, thanks again to Bozster for his great work resizing the front sprite, and to Axl for the original Front sprite.

unknown.png

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Oh, damn, that Mega Aggron's a massive improvement over mine! Thanks so much for your continuing efforts :)

Which are you working on now? I was planning to do Mega Altaria and Mega Rayray, if they're not already in the works.

Back