• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
I think Sylveon will evolve via a new, different way. First we have via stones, via time of day, location, etc. It could evolve via level up with a held item (which technically has happened before but still) or a certain gender. It could be a forme for all we know. But I'm willing to bet it's a Flying or Normal type now.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Flying or new for me. Definitely can see it being female only also, but to what extent that would involve its evolution method...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
3. Has a quadreped ever been a Flying type before? To me, this is the biggest obstacle to the theory that Sylveon is a Flying type, and an observation that has not received any attention as far as I have been able to tell. I find it highly unlikely that a quadreped would be a Flying type.

Tropius. Salamence. Shaymin. Landorus. You can't go on design alone; Gyarados is a Flying-type.

I'm 100% going for Flying-type. I think the location in that video clip as well definitely indicates it to being a Flying-type. Maybe it just levitates? Idk.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
By appearance alone I would have assumed it was a normal type just because I don't see characteristics from any other type, but seeing as how Eevee is a normal type and all the other eeveelutions have a different type my guess would have to be flying type.

Also like to note that dragon is the only special type that hasn't been used yet, so maybe it could be that?

Years
EDIT I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

Pokemon X & Y represent Chromosomes, right? Which in part determine gender.

XX= Female
XY = Male

What if Sylveon has something to do with that theme? And Sylveon is the female evolution of eevee, and can only be obtained by evolving eevee in X in some way, since X is the female dominant chromosome. (all vertebrate mammals start as females) Level it up in Y in some way, and you'll get a yet-to-be-unveiled Male evolution.

Also, notice how its colors scheme is pinkish & light blue on the ribbons and its ears? The dominant colors in Xerneas and Yveltal? The blue and the reddish-pink.

:D

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay, the way they look up at the sky and show Sylveon, its a flying type, isn't it.

Years
I was thinking because the butterfly bows then bug type but the video only shows moves Eevee learns so it is extremely difficult to tell but I could imagine it using Quiver Dance

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
EDIT I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT

Pokemon X & Y represent Chromosomes, right? Which in part determine gender.

XX= Female
XY = Male

What if Sylveon has something to do with that theme? And Sylveon is the female evolution of eevee, and can only be obtained by evolving eevee in X in some way, since X is the female dominant chromosome. (all vertebrate mammals start as females) Level it up in Y in some way, and you'll get a yet-to-be-unveiled Male evolution.

Also, notice how its colors scheme is pinkish & light blue on the ribbons and its ears? The dominant colors in Xerneas and Yveltal? The blue and the reddish-pink.

:D

I've seen speculations about that before, but yeah, that's definitely a possibility, and I'd love if GF went down that road! It can be an added incentive on people preferring the rarer Female Eevee.

I too, think it's a flying type, but... could GF really play the obvious-game here? They can very well pull a curve ball. @__@

Guy

just a guy
Years
I really want it to be pure flying, We really need more of them.
Given that it's an Eeveelution and not some other new Pokémon, regardless of what type it turns out to be, I don't see it being dual-typed. I'm almost 99.8% sure of it, and if I'm wrong, well...

tumblr_mcgngpWJuV1r9vm7f.gif

There's a first for everything, I suppose.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
First off, supernatural gif! *squee*
Second, yeah dual type is definitely not happening. Only way that happens is if Eevee's adaptability glitches or something.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm starting to get annoyed about everyone suggesting Sylveon's type as Normal and Flying, because they're ignoring the pattern of Eeveelutions being types formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, so the only possible type for Sylveon is Dragon, which is the last special-based type, or a new type that might've been special-based if it existed.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If it were female only, it'd be difficult to get, with Eevee's gender ratio. Also it looks like it'd have 130 in speed.
Since it has OTHER evolutions and a gender ratio of 87.5% Male to 12.5% Female, I think there is a good chance that there will NOT be gender specific Eevee Evolutions. Why? As I've said before the only Pokemon that had Gender Specified evolutions added to them were already a 50:50 ratio for Male and Female. The only Pokemon with 2 specific gender evolutions is also a 50:50 ratio. While the only Pokemon with 1 gender evolution and no alternate evolution is 87.5% Male to 12.5% Female. Since Eevee is getting a gender added to it, based on what has happened in the past, Eevee would have to be 50:50 ratio for that to happen. Since it isn't I don't believe Sylveon is 100% Female. Considering they have to introduce a new item to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, I cannot see it be a gender specific evolution as that is too much work getting a female with a 1 to 9 chance in favor of males AND needing to get the item evolve it.

I really want it to be pure flying, We really need more of them.

Pure Flying has very little base to make a solid design for and make very little sense in practical use. Flying is also rumored to be "Bird" type as an original name. Either way it has always been a Sub type for Pokemon, meaning it itself was never the main focus type for any Pokemon before Tornadus. I hope that Tornadus is the last/only pure flying type as it really doesn't need to be anything more than an add on type that it has always been.

I'm starting to get annoyed about everyone suggesting Sylveon's type as Normal and Flying, because they're ignoring the pattern of Eeveelutions being types formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, so the only possible type for Sylveon is Dragon, which is the last special-based type, or a new type that might've been special-based if it existed.

A lot of people don't ignore it, but they turn a blind eye to that simple fact due to wild speculation around Sylveon's name and how it looks. There is more fan speculation to cover up a simple fact that it gets pushed a side by most. I really don't care about type this late as I'll get Sylveon to fill the dex only as I don't see any potential in it unless they have a really killer move pool which is something Eevee Evolutions do not tend to have.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
This is an opinion, don't throw rocks at me, unless your the kind who likes to lay on the ground all day.

I rule out bug and dragon to be possible types as well as possible future eeveelutions. Both of the two types are only exclusive to designs whose animal species the types are related to(bug is exclusive to, of course, bug like creatures while dragon are exclusive to reptilian or dinosaur-like animals.) The only type that bends these exclusiveness is dragon who have designs based on a bug, Flygon, and a Shark, Garchomp, and even so, these animals are somehow the same by their real world breeding method, which is to lay eggs.(i know Sharks can bear live young but some of them and the animal class it is classified mostly lay eggs.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
After I've seen the Extreme Speed Genesect trailer, I might consider Sylveon the Ghost type. Like someone said before: Sylveon is the lightest Eeveelution and it has eerie eyes. In the trailer, Sylveon waves its ribbons. These ribbons can be used to wrap Pokémon and kill them or whatever Sylveon likes to do with them. Also, its cute look may deceive people and Pokémon to earn their trusts and later kill them.

Oh, and people are whining that "if Sylveon were to be a Normal-Type, than why isn't a bigger Eevee?!"
Honestly people, if it would become a Normal type, than you rather have this design instead of the bigger Eevee, right?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
After I've seen the Extreme Speed Genesect trailer, I might consider Sylveon the Ghost type. Like someone said before: Sylveon is the lightest Eeveelution and it has eerie eyes. In the trailer, Sylveon waves its ribbons. These ribbons can be used to wrap Pokémon and kill them or whatever Sylveon likes to do with them. Also, its cute look may deceive people and Pokémon to earn their trusts and later kill them.

Oh, and people are whining that "if Sylveon were to be a Normal-Type, than why isn't a bigger Eevee?!"
Honestly people, if it would become a Normal type, than you rather have this design instead of the bigger Eevee, right?
I didn't even need the trailer. The instant I saw the eyes, I said to myself, that's a Ghost type. Psychic is the other possibility, but we already have that.

Dragon type is a second guess.

Normal type will NOT be it. Mark that.

Cyclone

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Hmm, I first though it was Light or Normal. Light since it doesn't look like any of the type not used by eeveelutions nor it looks like something a light type would be. Normal cause it looks like a normal dog with accessories and flying cause everyone thinks itll be and seeing the video made me think it is a flying type.

Years
There's never going to be a Light type. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=295626

As for Sylveon I haven't seen this movie clip yet but from the sounds of it I still doubt it will be Flying. As it remains this is what we have of Sylveon

- Normal like appearance

- Ghost characteristics (Eyes, Weight and now it has appeared in a forest).

- Strong evidence of it being a dragon type due to the two patterns of Eeveelutions (All "Special" types and Super-effective/Resistant pairings).

I see absolutely no evidence of it being flying type other than some farfetch'd relations with its name that could also be loosely applied to bug.

I view it as this, in order of most likely to least (although my opinion may change).

1. Dragon
2. Ghost
3. Normal

Back