• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokémon: Manga Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
Wow your definitely rushing things.......

Not really, this is my first attempt at a game on the forums, but I'm kinda workin good for a one-man team. I try my hardest to make it good. So far all the maps are good and even the event run smoothly, as soon as i get a good sprite of Red I'll take a vid of it !

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
If it's the ground, then there is no reason for there to be indoor ground tiles.
And there shouldn't be a bed, windows, a table, and a rug.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
If it's the ground, then there is no reason for there to be indoor ground tiles.
And there shouldn't be a bed, windows, a table, and a rug.

Actually, it'd be fully logical to have a bed, table, and rug, considering what the tent is for. But I agree, there shouldn't be floorboard tiles in a tent. As for the windows, some tents do have windows, but there'll need to be custom window AND wall tiles for this anyway, since there are no previous tiles made to be the inside of a tent haha. But he already said he needs to make new wall tiles, so I assume he'll either lose the windows or make new window tiles too.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Your walls are l l simple make a tile thats \ \ problem solved...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Your walls are l l simple make a tile thats \ \ problem solved...

...You meant to tell him to make them / \, right? o_o lol. Basically, you should make the walls inside match the shape of the outside of the building, or tent in this case.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Don't be a wise ass because your wrong. Technically I meant _\ and /_ but whatever. if you did /\ you would have one spiky tent...... because chance are you'll have to use it at least twice.... unless that is your map is one tile in width.

! AvatarKris !

Years
Don't be a wise ass because your wrong. Technically I meant _\ and /_ but whatever. if you did /\ you would have one spiky tent...... because chance are you'll have to use it at least twice.... unless that is your map is one tile in width.

don't worry poeman i know what you meant, i'm gonna do that, and i may lose the floorboards then .... anyway you all shouldn't get too worked up over the screens, it's in the drawing board after all... just started and alot of work is to be done on it anyway. I'll take crit and try and fix problems.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014

I wasn't being a wise-ass, I was actually ASKING you. And I was referring to the sidewalls. I got confused because you made two \\ in a row. Obviously I didn't literally mean /\. I'm not a dumbass. And how am I wrong when we "technically" meant the same thing? Stop being so pissy when I didn't even say anything offensive. Calm down. =_=;;; Geez...

Years
The screenshots are amazing and he tilework is awesome. The only thing that you could work on is the spelling and grammar.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I thought of instead of arguing how easy it was and complaining, I would show you how easy it is.
fixed.png

around 5 minutes in MSPaint, and it makes more sense than yours.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I thought of instead of arguing how easy it was and complaining, I would show you how easy it is.
fixed.png

around 5 minutes in MSPaint, and it makes more sense than yours

Your comments have a...demeaning air about them. Sort of an "I rock, you suck" feeling ._.;;. And that's besides the fact that he already said he's going to do that, so it's sort of funny you say "I thought I would show you how easy it is." Yeah, he knows, buddy.

Also, I just noticed in the screencap with the tent [exterior], you have a typo, Avatar. It's "weary," not "weiry." A few punctuation and spacing errors too, but there probably hasn't been a spelling/grammar check yet, so no need to nitpick on something that isn't the final project. Maybe you should run the dialogue through spellcheck/grammarcheck on Word or something? Or just get a new team member to do it [GrammarNazi position].

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
@brokenxnote Sorry I don't mean to :[

Also upon examining this, I think the room may be a tad too big for the tent.

! AvatarKris !

Years
Meowth updated so why didn't you! Just kidding, seriously though glad to hear your on the MSB team and I hope to see this in The Showcase soon!

Thx

The screenshots are amazing and he tilework is awesome. The only thing that you could work on is the spelling and grammar.

I'm horrid at grammar, lol, i have someone to check.

fixed.png

around 5 minutes in MSPaint, and it makes more sense than yours.

This looks good, i'll try to fix my tent ...

@brokenxnote Sorry I don't mean to :[

Also upon examining this, I think the room may be a tad too big for the tent.

I'll try to fix this too ... i think you're right on that one, another thing i may try is to make the room a bit darker so it seems more tent-like

Also, I just noticed in the screencap with the tent [exterior], you have a typo, Avatar. It's "weary," not "weiry." A few punctuation and spacing errors too, but there probably hasn't been a spelling/grammar check yet, so no need to nitpick on something that isn't the final project. Maybe you should run the dialogue through spellcheck/grammarcheck on Word or something? Or just get a new team member to do it [GrammarNazi position].

I have a grammar nazi ... he's called meowth, lol, he will get the first copy of the game ...

! AvatarKris !

Years
I have a little update, i haven't had one b4, FIRT UPDATE, lol

I just though since it's been a while now i could show you a couple maps, ya know since you guys might play through these places soon ...

Spoiler:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Viridian looks nice, just needs some more minor details to give it some life. :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years

Please try to be civil, Poeman.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
The bridge looks like a piece of wood just thrown on top of the grass haha other than that it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back