• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
i will. I've taken the _ out of the pokemons name for the next version which should get rid of that error. Events 5,6,7,8 will cause it since they are the same.

Years
Hello. When I got to run the game an error box shows up "RGSS04E.dll could not be found" and the game closes, therefore never even starting.
I have the latest version

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
ok so i finnaly got that missing file part fixed and finally got into the game but now im stuck at the error where Prof. Oak appears...I know it was said that it was a known issue so im just waiting for the next update....cant wait because the game looks fun!

BTW...while walking around Pallet Town trying to find a way around the error... I descoverdthat if you move behind a house, you appear to be on top of it...not sure if its somthing already known yet or not...

Last edited:
Years
Have you thought about possibly also adding Johto once you've finished with Kanto? Gym leaders and trainers would obviously need different level Poekmon compared to HG/SS.
Then maybe once you have gotten all the badges you are able to battle a pokemon master trainer somewhere?
I'm sure right now there's plenty more to focus on first though for you lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Johto and the Sevii Islands are being thought about but i've not decided yet. I'm looking to get the main part of the game finished at the moment.

If enough people want it then i'll probably add it in after Kanto is finished

Years
Awesome. Obviously some of the story would have to be altered aswell. Maybe to more suit the anime.
Long time yet though for that. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for a fix so I can get my Pikachu instead of crashing when Oak talks to me in the grass haha

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I don't really know the anime story outside of Kanto, i stopped watching shortly after they left.

Anyway, i've decided to release Version 0.13 which should fix the issue with the pikachu. Can anyone confirm if it does, i can't replicate the error myself so have been unable to test it.
The patch will be available in about 10 minutes

The other changes have become version 0.14

Years
9tocgk.jpg

I get this error message after it says Oak lends me Weedle. I don't get into battle with Pikachu and the game crashes

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I forgot i need to include the new version of the map in the update. That's done now so anyone who updated to version 0.13 needs to redownload it.
The easiest way is to go into the game folder and find the update.ini file. change the ver=0.13 to ver=0.12 and then run the updater again

Version 0.14 Progress 43%

New evolution screenshots from 0.14
new-evo-1.png
new-evo-2.png

And whats done so far for text entry
name-input.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
i turned to try and talk to pikachu, and the game gave me an error message, and crashed

I think i know why that errors happening, redownload the 0.13 update
The easiest way is to go into the game folder and find the update.ini file. change the ver=0.13 to ver=0.12 and then run the updater again

Text entry fully complete
new-name-1.png
new-name-2.png

Version 0.14: 45%

Also updated the screenshots in the first post with the newer sized screen

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
I may be wrong and i think its still great the way it is, but I think there are supposed to be trash barrels next to the table where eeve is in its pokeball so you cant go around behind the table and try to take it. I did just that and when Gary went to take it on the front side, my char was still pushed to the side from the other side of the table haha.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thanks for letting me know, you won't be able to get the pokeball from that side of the table from the next version.

Anyways...
Version 0.14: 63%

new-pokedex-1.png
new-pokedex-2.png

New Pokedex Screen

new-pokedex-entry1.png
new-pokedex-entry2.png

New Pokedex Entry Screen

new-town-map.png

New Town Map Screen

Years
  • Age 35